The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time To Stop Having Rare Event Mods That Sell For Upwards Of 500 Platinum.

Fomiru

It would be a fair market if what OP is talking about isn't a market resource, but an artificially limited resource. Diamonds would be a good comparison, as they're fairly common yet incredibly expensive, due to market control (restriction).

Basically, a free market would be great. A market with millions of buyers, and only 200k items introduced to that market, just leaves a majority frustrated/disappointed with (yet another) aspect of the game. I don't want people thinking of the game that way, I assume DE doesn't either.

Been playing for 2yrs, and got the 75% discount ONCE. Getting a lucky roll on RNG doesn't change the amount of plat something is selling for, either. The problem is that so many market prices for mods/primes is grossly over inflated.

I don't think the OP is recommending the mods drop before it's release or anything. Nor did he seem to indicate that they should or would be commonplace and easy to obtain. Maybe people would still do the event because it's an easier way to obtain a reward. Like gift of the lotus, or alert rewards.

This is all coming from someone with PLENTY of exclusive mods and bp's ATM, so I'm not doing myself any favors here, but it is getting out of control a little.

+1. I can't believe that people think 75% off just drops like flies for everyone and their mother simply because they have good RNG luck. I've been playing for THREE years. THREE. And I've only seen a mere 50% off ONCE.

Edited by Jadey

No sorry, there is this thing called 75% platinum discount that you can get for free by logging on.

And if they would drop, who the hell would participate in the event anymore.

Only on PC, for us console users platinum is even harder to obtain, so to get these exclusive mods it is even harder for us

Let me repeat my point.

There is no such thing as "objectively" un/fair.

Depends which definition you use.

English as a language is pretty #*($%%@, so I'm going to say we're both correct to a degree.

Either way, it's unfair to have newer players only option be receiving the mod from another player, when the other player had the choice of doing an event alongside being able to get/buy it from someone else. One objectively has more choices than the other, so in this circumstance it's objectively unfair.

Edited by Vougue

Depends which definition you use.

English as a language is pretty #*($%%@, so I'm going to say we're both correct to a degree.

Either way, it's unfair to have newer players only option be receiving the mod from another player, when the other player had the choice of doing an event alongside being able to get/buy it from someone else. One objectively has more choices than the other, so in this circumstance it's objectively unfair.

And thise mods were given as a reward for being a long and loyal player. It's completely and objectively unfair that they are available to new players at all.

See what I did there?

I only have one response to this thread.

Can someone please tell me, how the flying F*** does everyone and their mother seem to be getting 75% off, but I have NEVER, not in 3 whole @(*()$ years, ever even seen 50% off? How? HOW? You all say plat is cheap, but it isn't, it really ISN'T, for players like me.

And before you say, "Just don't log in for a day" - been there done that. Been doing it since I learned of it. Do I just have the worst @(*()$ luck in this game or what? What is it that enables seemingly EVERYONE ELSE to get a 75% off but me and probably a handful of other players who've been handed piles of S#&$ over and over and over again from login rewards can't seem to? 

Dunno man, I've been here for almost 3 years too, close to 4k hours and first 3/4th of that time it was just like you. Then around autumn last year it exploded, I've been getting from 1 a month (very rare) to 2 per week. I thought all got it like this and it was new DE strategy to make more cash flow..?

Astral Twilght: doesn't make glaives any more viable as a weapon type so it's not game breaking

Tempo Royale: there are two other stance mods you can use, look them up and use them

IPS mods: Incredibly overrated, only useful on very specific weapons against very specific enemies: read "you absolutely in no way will ever need these mods for ANY CONTENT in game"

They're nice things to have. If DE keeps them unobtainable, more money to them. Don't have them? Oh well, you're missing nothing of true value. I

Urgghh another 1 of these.

1. You dont need those mods. U can function in end game pretty well without them. Higher lvl u go the less useful raw damage is. Thats where u need corrosive not piercing caliber.

2. Yes i have some of the event mods.

3. I missed the event and i dnt pay real cash on warframe. So how did i get the mods which cost over $x dollars? TRADE.

4. Wats the point of EVENTS if theres nothing special about them

Astral Twilght: doesn't make glaives any more viable as a weapon type so it's not game breaking

Tempo Royale: there are two other stance mods you can use, look them up and use them

IPS mods: Incredibly overrated, only useful on very specific weapons against very specific enemies: read "you absolutely in no way will ever need these mods for ANY CONTENT in game"

They're nice things to have. If DE keeps them unobtainable, more money to them. Don't have them? Oh well, you're missing nothing of true value. I

This ^

They are more of collector items than anything else

Edited by (PS4)Treezzy1

wtf, lock this thread, DE is giving valuable items for free in a model that rewards consistency in simply playing the game, and this guy is complaining?

LOCK THIS THREAD

This sums up the vast majority of the opposition to the OP. DE runs a free to play game, and so criticism and feedback should be smothered because shut up and let me enjoy my exclusives.

As tempting as it is, this rhetoric is ridiculously childish. Help the OP with a solution, convince the OP that the problem isn't one, or do us all a favour and take your vitriol to another forum site.

That said, I'll have to agree that exclusivity of mods is a big turnoff for me, especially since the bonuses are usually so attractive. Event cosmetics and badges I really don't mind, but gameplay advantages shouldn't be an access-limited thing for participation, because it widens the divide between veteran and fresh players. I completely agree that the free market model, representative of player interests, is a particularly awkward way to do things.

Which is why I fully support DE's (and the OP's) current 'stance' on rereleasing exclusives as rewards for high tier missions. It's a non intrusive way to reintroduce exclusives that benefit competent gameplay and goal setting. None of this tripe about being reliant on RNG to obtain a discount, or being ripped off by players, or being shouted down in the forums.

Side note: DE's monetary situation is not information that any of us seem to be privy to. I don't know why it's come up in this conversation either way, since speculation makes for a terrible argument. Let DE be their own advocate on matters that we aren't fully aware of.

Edited by Vastaren

As a player who frequently takes breaks from Warfarm I think exclusives should just be introduced into the game after a given amount of time...not through more events like the proxy stuff but just putting bursas in as a normal mob type(for an example). 

Events are fun. Getting cool stuff and feeling special is nice. 

Not wanting to ever use vectis because I don't have 2k to spend on a primed chamber is lame. 

I think there should be a definite distinction between event weapons and event mods. Missing out on a weapon sucks for sure. But missing out on mods that are direct upgrades is horrible. A lot of the fun in the game is maximizing stuff but now you have to spend 500+ plat on an event mod or wait for what might never be reintroduced. I can handle missing out on prova vandal or snipetron because there are other options but missing out on the slash set makes EVERY slash weapon worse. 

Basically event mods should be circulated more regularly than weapons because they affect the game way more. 

And thise mods were given as a reward for being a long and loyal player. It's completely and objectively unfair that they are available to new players at all.

See what I did there?

Longevity of play and loyalty don't equate to any effort worthy of reward. A long time player could contribute nothing to the game, or actively hinder it's development in some way. Also, a player who just recently started playing during the time of the events, and did them, could've gotten the mods as well. Therefore the reward is objectively independent of the aforementioned loyalty or longevity of play. Meaning your example is invalid to use as an arguement.

Yes, I saw your failure to make a point.

Nice try though =P

Longevity of play and loyalty don't equate to any effort worthy of reward. A long time player could contribute nothing to the game, or actively hinder it's development in some way. Also, a player who just recently started playing during the time of the events, and did them, could've gotten the mods as well. Therefore the reward is objectively independent of the aforementioned loyalty or longevity of play. Meaning your example is invalid to use as an arguement.

Yes, I saw your failure to make a point.

Nice try though =P

Nice try being cheeky, too bad you absolutely missed the point.

Whether or not you agree to a customer reward program is itrelevant. Point is there are people who believe it to be true. Just like there are people who believe that your whole point is false. And since your whole argument is based on an opinion of entitlement and not an actual fact, the world "objective" has no place in this discussion.

Learn to read next time. ;)

The sad thing is that there's a massive difference between Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale. Tempo Royale is a straight up upgrade from Cleaving whirlwind.

Yes, you are right. CW has one part that's superior to TR which means TR is not a "straight up upgrade" like you said.

I don't actually consider that in any way a superior part. It is situationally good against infested however lacks the mobility to participate in dps against enemies in our most common playground, the void or the other two factions.

Edited by Unholyrequiem