Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Connection Issues (Chat, Game Launcher And Server) [Megathread]

SuperheroJack

So its still happenin huh. Kinda startin to get afraid to play lol

But thats not DE's fault. They are not in charge of the servers we play on.

I never made any research on that matter, but if that's true, shouldn't they try to set up their own servers and maintain them themsevles? :/

I never made any research on that matter, but if that's true, shouldn't they try to set up their own servers and maintain them themsevles? :/

DE does have their own servers which are used for matchmaking and chat purposes. After players are matched with one another the game switches to a Peer-to-Peer network mode, where one player acts as the host/server and the others act as clients connected to the server.

From what I understand, account/matchmaking/chat servers have been having hiccups, but this should only affect logging in, matchmaking and the ability to use the chat. Once players have successfully gone through matchmaking and are in game, any disconnections would be a problem with the host player's internet (or clients' internet).

getting your own servers costs alot of money. right now they just rent the servers i imagine and the rest of the money goes to developing the game

DE does have their own servers which are used for matchmaking and chat purposes. After players are matched with one another the game switches to a Peer-to-Peer network mode, where one player acts as the host/server and the others act as clients connected to the server.

From what I understand, account/matchmaking/chat servers have been having hiccups, but this should only affect logging in, matchmaking and the ability to use the chat. Once players have successfully gone through matchmaking and are in game, any disconnections would be a problem with the host player's internet (or clients' internet).

ive had a few games where i got disconnected mid way because the login server hiccuped. if the game doesnt count you as logged in it boots you to login