Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is He Hacking/using Some Type Of Exploit Or Bug?

Haldis

Question

Hello, first of all i'll say that i'm new to this site, and i don't properly speak english, so i'm sorry if you'll see some errors.

Yesterday, i had a strange encounter with a player, so i asked the steam community about what should i do.

They said that i could have written in the forum, so that's what i'll do. This is taken from my discussion on steam yesterday, and i'll copy and paste my comments too.

i joined into a dark secton on pluto, and i saw something strange; sometimes the game was frozen for a couple of seconds or even 10 seconds. There was a player in this room, (i'm censoring this), and when the game froze i said in chat if it was lagging. For some strange reasons, the chat wasn't frozen, so the message arrived instantly.
He replied to me:
"no" "i'm doing it". He is level 17.
after 30 seconds, the game froze again, and he asked me if the game froze again.
my answer was "yup" and he said "lol Wtf" like he was pretending to not knowing what was happening. Several seconds later, he said "i can do it because i'm (i'll censore dat).." "(hashtag)GOD"
When the mission ended, he wasn't there, like he left before the end. Luckily, i found him in the recent players list. I saw at the end of the "stats" page that he finished an obstacle run in 0m and 0,01seconds.
My replies to some comments;

I don't think it's a bug, or a patch bug, i played like 15 different games and this "error" doesn't appear anymore. it wasn't lag either, because when i was frozen i was able to write in chat, and he even replien instantly. I think he was the host, he could have done something that can "stop" the game.

it wasn't actually lag; my warframe was frozen like the enemies, but the chat worked while i was frozen. When i unfroze, the game was normal, like anything happened, no teleporting allies or exploding enemies.

This is my experience from yesterday, and now i'm thinking, whas should i do? Is he really a hacker or an exploit/bug user?

7 answers to this question

In my experience, All support does is they send their cookie cutter response :(

Support won't keep you in the loop of any punishments given out to players you report. Punishments, suspensions, bans, etc are a private matter between support staff and the player in question.

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't report suspicious/rule breaking players however.

Unluckily, i don't have any screenshots, i only have the text i posted as a ""proof""..

But i remember the name, and it's related to this "ability" of frozing time.

One last thing, when i was frozen i couldn't move the camera.

Don't know if reporting him without screenshots is going to work, but i'll try anyway

Don't know if reporting him without screenshots is going to work, but i'll try anyway

Might as well. Maybe he wasn't doing anything wrong and the game was just glitching out, in which case support neds to knw. More likely, if he was doing something, this might not result in punitive action, but further reports against that player would be taken much more seriously.