Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Bolter(Telos, Prime)

Pendragon1951

Now when I forget things I can use my age as an excuse(I'm 64), but I know Scott is younger than I am so why did he forget that the Bolter is a "RIFLE" not a shotgun, see image below. Now maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake but when did the Bolter have a spread like a shotgun. Now I've been playing Warframe since March of 2013 and I am MR17 and I have had my Bolter forever and no way do I remember having a spread like the image below. I've circled where each shot has gone when I press the trigger once. Was this a stealth modification that maybe I missed or is this some sort of bug?

lDKKOiH.jpg 

Do you have a high ranking heavy caliber equipped? That might be the issue here. That and or multishot.

This

Now when I forget things I can use my age as an excuse(I'm 64), but I know Scott is younger than I am so why did he forget that the Bolter is a "RIFLE" not a shotgun, see image below. Now maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake but when did the Bolter have a spread like a shotgun. Now I've been playing Warframe since March of 2013 and I am MR17 and I have had my Bolter forever and no way do I remember having a spread like the image below. I've circled where each shot has gone when I press the trigger once. Was this a stealth modification that maybe I missed or is this some sort of bug?

lDKKOiH.jpg

I'm assuming a mix of multishot + RoF mods + Heavy Cal.

Boltor P: base accuracy 50, a fully ranked Heavy Cal reduces that to 23 something in game I think, the effect is negligible at short to medium ranges and remains pretty small even on longer range.   

Boltor/Telos boltor base accuracy 25, fully ranked Heavy Cal reduces that to 11/12 something, the effect is very well noticeable and creates a rather large spread.  

it's just Heavy Caliber. that's what's causing more Spread than normal.

but Telos Boltor has the same Accuracy as Boltor, both of which have Spread. the handling of both is nearly identical, with Telos Boltor being a slight bit worse off due to higher RoF.

I'm chalking the whole thing up to recoil. Boltor variants have more recoil than guns like the soma prime and due to their high rate of fire, the gun has not returned to the regular position to fire a shot along the same line before the next instance, with the telos boltor and its even higher fire rate, it is much more noticeable.

I always assumed the different accuracy rating on both Boltors were just some sort a display querk. With some test in the simulacrum, it looks like the Telos boltor is indeed significantly less accurate.

To take out the variable of range, I stood at easily remember landmarks (on the edge of the plateau in the middle roughly in the center of the 2 pillars on its edge) and to take out the variable of mods, both weapons were stripped of mods with the exception of the stabilizer mod to accound for any potential recoil reduce any potential recoil on both weapons to effectively nothing.

Telos Boltor:

LyyNCyK.jpg

Boltor Prime:

UsvO00T.jpg

I marked the marked the common outermost shots from both weapons from several testings and more than 10 screenshots taken of both weapons each. Even if it was an issue of abnormally large amount of outliers in the inaccuracies of both weapons, taking into account the amount of shots from each weapon, the comparison still says something about each respective weapons' average spread.

I always assumed the different accuracy rating on both Boltors were just some sort a display querk. With some test in the simulacrum, it looks like the Telos boltor is indeed significantly less accurate.

To take out the variable of range, I stood at easily remember landmarks (on the edge of the plateau in the middle roughly in the center of the 2 pillars on its edge) and to take out the variable of mods, both weapons were stripped of mods with the exception of the stabilizer mod to accound for any potential recoil reduce any potential recoil on both weapons to effectively nothing.

Telos Boltor:

LyyNCyK.jpg

Boltor Prime:

UsvO00T.jpg

I marked the marked the common outermost shots from both weapons from several testings and more than 10 screenshots taken of both weapons each. Even if it was an issue of abnormally large amount of outliers in the inaccuracies of both weapons, taking into account the amount of shots from each weapon, the comparison still says something about each respective weapons' average spread.

Ahem the upper picture displays Telos Boltor not Boltor P, the lower picture does display the Telos (you can see that in each screenshot which weapon was used) and as expected the Telos has more spread due to only having an accuracy of 25.

As expected Boltor p @ 50 accuracy has minimal spread, this gets worse by slotting Heavy Cal. as I already explained which result in Boltor P dropping to 23 something accuracy and hence having slightly worse spread and Telos dropping to 12 something and having a god awful spread (for a rifle). This explains the Op's experience and screenshot with both, remembering one to be pretty accurate and experiencing the other to be fairly inaccurate.

There is no surprise here since the numbers already indicated this outcome.

Edited by Numbsky1