The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akstiletto Or Akbolto?

(XBOX)Taekick17

Question

16 answers to this question

Veykor marelok....fire as fast as you want and it's powerful and has 99% status chance.

If you want something "spammy" then syndicate akboltos.

If you can't get those then twin gremlins with fire rate mods, punch through and ammo mutation :)

Edited by kiteohatto

Honestly, both akbolto and akstiletto are pretty solid. Not super-strong, but solid.

Akbolto will require each shot to be fired manually so you'll have to click a lot if you want to rapid-fire. Bolts can pin killed enemies to walls and floors.

Akstiletto has a fast rate of fire and a decent reload speed. It can stagger enemies but runs out of ammo faster. 

If your goal is to quickly deal a decent amount of damage then the akstiletto is probably better suited for you. 

Akstiletto was my main Secondary for a while there, but the Twin Grakata has kind of made it obsolete :(

Also, because you said you don't care about range, how 'bout Atomos?

That thing quite easily destroys anything it reaches (Ruinous Extension FTW),

which happens to be not just the one enemy you're aiming at but ~half the room, as well :D

If you can get telos akbolto...if not...both normal akbolto and akstiletto are bad.

What? I personally can vouch for the normal Akbolto for being fantastic. They were my go to secondary before Telos akbolto and I can say with some work they can compete in high level missions just fine.

To OP: I personally favor semi-automatic pistols due to having more control and still being relatively fast save for the akjagara, those have an offensive amount of recoil. My personal favorite are the Akbolto/Telos Akbolto. Love the design, sound and feel of them. Not to mention they hit hard and can fire pretty quickly if you are fast enough.

Looking for a very good secondary weapon, need to be fast and powerful. Which one would you pick and why?

Note: Don't care about range (dread from long range and dual ether for melee)

Thank you Tennos

Betweek Akstiletto or Akbolto, compared with Dread, I'd go for Akstiletto. They chew through ammo but they're hitscan, more reliable on hitting. Just evening things out, though with Dread you shouldn't have to worry about aiming with your secondary.

The best non-prime, non-syndicate sidearm that you can get at a decently low MR is the AkMagnus. I'd highly recommend giving them a try. They're similar damage/shot to the akbolto (*more dmg less RoF, w/e) but they come with appreciable crit and status and are hitscan. Plus if you do fall in love with them like me there's a number of awesome skins available for plat.