Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink Strike, The Tenno Rapier Concept (Updated) Art And 3D Model Included

lightdragon64

So awhile back i made a rapier concept i called blink strike. after working for awhile on it i decided to throw in some 3D models i created using blender.

This is by far my pride and joy when it comes down to my best concept i have ever made!, please tell me what you think and let me know if you would like to see more (i may consider trying to make an even better 3D model)

the 3D model i kid you not took me about 1.5 days to complete (first time using blender EVER) and i could not be more proud of the results!

Please tell me what you think!

This just in! my concept made fan concept of the week in primetime 96!

(start the video at 1:33:49)

i can't thank you guys enough for your support!

Stats

Physical damage: 45.0
Crit chance: 25%
Crit multiplier: 2.5
Attack rate: 1.5
Status chance: 15.0

Move Set

Broken Time (stance name)

Deception
E E E
player will engage in a quick 3 strikes on a single target

Feint
E E Pause E E E E
Player will strike twice, parry an attacker (which will cause them to stun) then stab enemy rapidly

En Garde
E E E (Back) E E E E
Player will strike 3 times (such as in deception) then jump backwards and lunge fowards and stab target repeadly

Foward Lunge
Slide + E
Player will instead of doing usual spin slide attack will actually jump off their feet and stab their target (kinda like an arrow being shot from a bow the player will attempt to spring foward in a straight line and impale the enemy)

Shish Kabob
In Air + E
(pretty much just like a normal air slam, just that the player will point the rapier directly downwards and stab an enemy... hence the name)

Swift mercy
Wallrun + E
(while wall running the player will spring off and impale any target in front of them)

Precise motion
aiming at downed enemy + E
simple stab on a downed enemy that has a very high chance of doing a critical

if a target is put into a counterable state (such as valkyr's paralysis) the player will impale the target lift them in the air and drop them.

Here is some digital art that i created in order to bring my sword concept to life.

As you can see the hand basket is styled in order to look like the lotus symbol. any parts that appear to be floating are actually being magnatised in mid air so as to keep the asthetic.

Re-texturedTennorapier_zps032a4350.png
3D images (created using blender) with a lotus purple background to compliment the design

Rapier%202_zpsl7ukmf2t.png

Rapier%201_zpsigr5eon0.png

a look that goes down the sword blade, this weapon is probably about a meter in length.
Rapier%203_zpsi6v92b7k.png

Some cloth thrown on just to add a bit of extra fanciness.
Rapier%204_zpslrbagolu.png

things that i still want to do with this concept
-create a side view
-create a view that looks down the sword blade.
-create a 3D model.

Older concepts

This concept is my first accurate concept of the rapier design, but lacks texturing and such.
TennoRapier20_zps3fecaac9.png

My first ever concept of the rapier, (very much lacking on detail and texture)
(also does not seem like a rapier so much as a normal broadsword.)
WarframeRapier_zps911f77b3.png

Note: 2D sketches made using photoshop. 3D models made using Blender

EDIT:

-changed the crit chance from 35% to 25% (don't want it to seem too overpowered)

Edited by lightdragon64

They're already making a Rapier actually

SB_Tenno_Sword_Rapier_004.jpg

I do like your Lotus hilt guard though. That should be a skin for this rapier whenever it actually comes out. It's swanky as F***.

I'm aware of the new rapier coming out, i just enjoy making an attempt at things that i feel should be added into the game.

Edited by lightdragon64

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crud! this thing is amazing!

Why does it not have more upvotes?

i was just looking through the concepts forum and found this thing, i mean if they put a rapier in game i would want it to look like this!

how long did it take you btw?

EDIT: i haven't been on warframe very long because i never really had a good enough computer to play it untill recently! and i am happy to make this my first post! Your concept is awesome!

Edited by LeoElectro

Holy crud! this thing is amazing!

Why does it not have more upvotes?

i was just looking through the concepts forum and found this thing, i mean if they put a rapier in game i would want it to look like this!

how long did it take you btw?

EDIT: i haven't been on warframe very long because i never really had a good enough computer to play it untill recently! and i am happy to make this my first post! Your concept is awesome!

well thank you for your support! (suprised anybody dug this topic up)

Just to let you know they are planning on adding a rapier in game already! all be it it looks nothing like this (lol obviously)

as for how long this game took me to make i'd guess i proabably took about 25-30 hours of trying to get it to look right (not counting the hours when i had to learn how blender works)

and also my concept got your first post? awesome! always love it when i can get people into the community more often!

I like the design, and we need a light sword like this. I don't know what happens now since DE is making a rapier, but I like your design.

It makes me sad to see awesome concepts for anything get blown away into the wind...

Happens to the best of concepts, mate.

If you'd like, throw some support at this idea which will help organize this section, and let topics like this stay hot for longer periods of time:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/533069-fan-concepts-forum-concept-sub-categories/

If you'd like, throw some support at this idea which will help organize this section, and let topics like this stay hot for longer periods of time:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/533069-fan-concepts-forum-concept-sub-categories/

i believe that i already submitted my rapier concept to the sub categories thread awhile back... however it is an old link... i personally doubt that i could submit it again under the precept that it is an updated link right?

EDIT: Went and submitted an updated link anyways... figured it wouldn't hurt...

Edited by lightdragon64

Yes, do it. No reason not to.

The link I posted, though, is actually a thread asking DE to give Fan Concepts sub-categories. I don't know how many votes it needs before they can consider it, but [DE]Drew threw some support behind the thread (in posts) so that was great.

Now just imagine this weapon in real life! I would totally use it.

funny you should mention that... i got a friend who lives across the country who is intending on becoming a blacksmith. he told me that when he can he will actually build this sword for me! it will be awhile but that's quite the promise made. and at that i promise that i will update the concept if/when he actually makes the sword and sends it to me

I love it! but the stats seem to be more potentially powerful than the dragon nikana. this wouldn't be an op thing though if the strikes were more directional and stabby stabby like how a rapier is supposed to work.  but another thing that concerns me is the swing speed, I know that a rapier is supposed to be super deadly fast, but maybe something like 1.3 would be more fair?

(edit) maybe some light energy flowing through the guard? otherwise parts would just be floating without a reason.

Edited by (XB1)gnashermaster97

(edit) maybe some light energy flowing through the guard? otherwise parts would just be floating without a reason.

in my concept the floating bits are supposed to be held in place by a magnetic field. so i'd imagine in game they would be hovering just inside the guard purposefully.

funny you should mention that... i got a friend who lives across the country who is intending on becoming a blacksmith. he told me that when he can he will actually build this sword for me! it will be awhile but that's quite the promise made. and at that i promise that i will update the concept if/when he actually makes the sword and sends it to me

Lucky! Wielding is a lot of fun, I had a blast back in my old Wielding Arts program.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe try to make the grip at the base have the texture of more polymer-esk things like the shell for the tiberon?

it looks too shiny around the grip, too little variation in texture there imho.  could be fixed by a simple texture swap around there so it looks more detailed than it actually is.

Perhaps if i have time (and if i see more support for it) i will remake the whole model and include a sheathe, updated textures and such.

i put a lot of work into this thing as is, i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to work on it some more.