Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Pros And Cons Of 17.5

Charoy

I'm leaving the pros to you guys, I will only say that I LOVE the new Valkyr skin :)

Now lets start:

• Mag's Pull now requires an open path to affect targets -- resources and enemies can no longer be pulled through walls or closed doors, but enemies can still be pulled out of cover and behind obstacles.

Why ... oh dear god ... why.  

906500d2589d959c73c33b4dcdda34f5fda34852

Why was this necessary? To nerf the r5 farm on Triton? Like ... the only thing where Mag was good for? I could understand the nerf, if you had added some buff to make her viable for endgame .. but you just killed her ... and then spit on her dead body. I'm sad :(

Duration Mods now have an effect on toggled Abilities.

As good as this change is for Ember, its a straight nerf for Excal EB builds. Its very late here so I'm not going with the maths, but I DID TESTED IT INGAME, and its a nerf. For Excal. Our bro.

Aaaand thats all. I mean, I freaking love the rest of the additions. Maybe the ship abilities are too meh, but who cares.

Edited by Charoy

"Duration Mods now have an effect on toggled Abilities.

For example: Mods that added 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain become a 5 Energy drain."

In circumstances of Mesa:

"Mods that dropped 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain become a 20 Energy drain."

"But mods that added 100% duration will make a 10 Energy drain will still be a 10 Energy drain."

Setting a efficiency cap ONLY for mesa's peacemaker, what a great idea, DE.

Edited by Gretek

Seriously all that stuff we got, and people fixate on the changes to Mag and Mesa.

Prioritize people, how about looking at all the amazing things we got - not just new content, but great QoL changes for Nyx and Ember and other frames.

Maybe DE should take the hint? We don't need new content, we need them to fix the damn content we already have before shoving more crap into the rotation, seriously they dropped the ball majorly on this update, Im really considering calling it quits till they get their crap together, might be a good idea to just bugger off for a few months to see if things are better later provided something else doesn't come out to get peoples attention.

Maybe DE should take the hint? We don't need new content, we need them to fix the damn content we already have before shoving more crap into the rotation, seriously they dropped the ball majorly on this update, Im really considering calling it quits till they get their crap together, might be a good idea to just bugger off for a few months to see if things are better later provided something else doesn't come out to get peoples attention.

Did you look at the mountain of fixes in the patch notes?

Plus, there's great fundamental work going into QoL changes for Archwing, and the toggle abilities, and labeling waypoints, etc. 

I'm not sure what you expect from them - magically snap their fingers and make the game perfect?

Wait how is it an excal nerf nothing mentions him in the patch notes

Its because all toggleable abilities(in this case EB) are now affected by duration.

Now positive duration = longer time between energy draining ticks

Negative duration = shorter time between energy gets drained

Efficiency affects how much energy your skills cost, but now you also need to take duration into account.

Only for toggles, and efficiency takes the bite out of that. 

Honestly?  People are being dumb and overreacting.

Because they touched something that didn't need changing. "Other skills being less valued" they still are being ignored because we're still going to mod towards 1 skill, that is the nature of this game.

Edited by TrueBuddhaBruh

Wait how is it an excal nerf nothing mentions him in the patch notes

Right now its hard - nearly impossible to make a good balanced EB build. Before I had it with range for blind - dash, now you need to sacrifice range in order to not lose too much energy with EB.

Honestly. It seems like every update the first word out of my mouth is "why?"

Only for toggles, and efficiency takes the bite out of that. 

Honestly?  People are being dumb and overreacting.

quite so.

tried my excal build with 20% duration and 175% effeciency, while it does drain a bit faster, its still more than tolerable.

and with my default mesa build was not noticible but then again this wouldnt really affect my build since i have 83% duration on top of 175% effeciency.

might be time to consider broadening our horizons and not adhering only to "meta" builds.

Ya mag got wrecked. As far as the toggle abilities I think it's fine. They're making it so you just don't stay in a certain mode. It promotes build diversity so every ability is useful,not just one. But I always used builds like this so I may be a little bias.

Ya mag got wrecked. As far as the toggle abilities I think it's fine. They're making it so you just don't stay in a certain mode. It promotes build diversity so every ability is useful,not just one. But I always used builds like this so I may be a little bias.

...but you are supposed to stay in those modes, that's why they are toggleable.

DE's just implemented a change and didn't think it though.

What is the point of making a toggle ability if you can't mod for efficiency anymore since the energy drain just kicks you out of it much sooner now ?

Then at least change how fleeting expertise works ? It's become a pretty useless mod now for frames that have toggle abilities...