Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts: Make Them All Random

Xylia

As title suggests...

Wouldn't it be nice if ALL Alerts had the chance to drop from the same pool?

Make all alerts drop a "?" that is truly a random item -- a random item from a list of Blueprints, Artifacts, and things that all the alerts can drop.

That way there's no "OMG, no Vauban BPs in several days?"

"No Potatoes!? Arrrrgh!"

"Two Alerts and they both give nothing but 2k credits!?!?"

That way ALL Alerts would be worth doing and everyone has fair access to Vauban, Artifacts, Potatoes, etc. That way you don't log on and go "Seriously? Vauban was up at 3AM???" after checking the twitter feed.

And it'd get rid of the "useless" alerts that don't reward much of anything (that very few people even do).

I feel this would only increase frustration towards RNG.

I can see where you're coming from but this would cause more chaos than good.

I'm not so sure.

I've yet to see a single Vauban Piece, Energy Siphon, etc anytime during my possible playtime.

But yet I see LOTS of 2k Credit Alerts.....

What if ONLY the 2k Credit Alerts gave a "Random" Box and all the others stayed the same?

I mean, seriously, only 2k Credits for an Alert is kinda lame. Stick a Random Box on there too.

The 2k always turns out to be something ranging from 4-6k.

When I wasnt strong enough I would go on several 2k alerts and quickly gain money... today I ignore them as I truly dont need that much money.

The 2k is so misleading, Im so shocked people still think its just 2k...

The 2k always turns out to be something ranging from 4-6k.

When I wasnt strong enough I would go on several 2k alerts and quickly gain money... today I ignore them as I truly dont need that much money.

The 2k is so misleading, Im so shocked people still think its just 2k...

Even 4-6k is a drop in the bucket.

You either don't have enough money and it just isn't enough (ask some Friends who have Void Keys, Tier1 gives 15k a run and is easy easy easy), or you don't need money and that 2-6k isn't enough.

It'd be nice that if any Alert that offers <10k Credits would ALSO reward a "?" box that is truly random.

The current Alerts that already reward items can stay as they are. But at least the 2-6k credit alerts would be worth doing if there was some chance you might get a nice item out of it...

And it seems that Prime-Time, 2k alerts are all I see when I have time to play Warframe. Oh wait, I saw a Sniper Scavenger the other day. *sarcastic whistle*

I don't even use sniper rifles or the Paris that often. And when I do, they are usually solo missions AND the Glaive does the same thing without using Ammo, though it has a shorter range.

I always have the same thing to say on alerts, so here's all the other threads that share similar views. tl;dr: alerts system is flawed (as a method of content distribution) and needs changing. DE currently appear to be looking at alerts and ways to improve them.

(this is a quote from DE rebecca in the may 19th hot feedback thread)
There has been suggestions of ways to improve the alerts (adding a token system, generating Alerts based on time logged in, etc), and these are being seen.

Even 4-6k is a drop in the bucket.

You either don't have enough money and it just isn't enough (ask some Friends who have Void Keys, Tier1 gives 15k a run and is easy easy easy), or you don't need money and that 2-6k isn't enough.

It'd be nice that if any Alert that offers <10k Credits would ALSO reward a "?" box that is truly random.

The current Alerts that already reward items can stay as they are. But at least the 2-6k credit alerts would be worth doing if there was some chance you might get a nice item out of it...

And it seems that Prime-Time, 2k alerts are all I see when I have time to play Warframe. Oh wait, I saw a Sniper Scavenger the other day. *sarcastic whistle*

I don't even use sniper rifles or the Paris that often. And when I do, they are usually solo missions AND the Glaive does the same thing without using Ammo, though it has a shorter range.

You cant compare Void missions with normal alert missions, they are supposed to be extremely hard to obtain unless you pay, and Im talking about how those alerts are extremely usefull to low ranked Tennos. When I had only my excalibur, that S#&amp;&#036;ty braton, lato and skana those where amazing to gather up resources.

The alert system is flawed? Maybe, but Ive been patient enough and managed to get one of Vaubans parts, unfortunatly its how it is atm. Ill be glad if it changes? Yes. Will I be bothered if it doesnt? No at all, its still a f2p game, meaning some stuff is supposed to be extremely hard to get unless you are willing to pay (Vauban and Banshee, as examples).

RE:Argroms:

I realize DERebecca said they're looking at Alert Suggestions.......

Which is why I'm posting another Alert Suggestion.

They can't look at Alert Suggestions, if we don't make actual Alert Suggestions, can they?

EDIT: And to be honest, I don't like posting in a 20+ page thread... more likely whatever suggestion you had that doesn't go along with the OP of that thread, is going to be overlooked or buried anyways.

Edited by Xylia

I'm not telling you to look at the threads, I'm simply posting this every time to show how often it's brought up. Also, the first link is my opinion.

Ahh. Okay. Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I'm used to forum trolls going "stop posting threads, this has already been said!" or somecrap.

my friend and I noticed that most of the alerts that have a ? are very early in the morning (EST).  This is just in the past week. We know its RNG but it just seems odd that it keeps doing that.  

Anyways

I would prefer if the 2000 credit alerts gave some rare materials 

It would also cool if they did a truly random award because right now you can see what the ? on the android app. Even making the reward different for each player would be pretty cool. Get more people to do alerts because they don't know what they might get. Instead of people not doing them because they already have the item.