The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Find Mantis Parts

PublikDomain

Question

The Fuselage is dropped by Reinforced Grineer Containers. You can find these by doing the Law of Retribution raid. There is about a 25% chance to have one spawn in each section.

The Avionics are dropped by Reinforced Orokin Containers. You can find these in the void, but you can also find them in the Derelict. Derelict keys are cheap and don't take long to craft. I'd suggest doing Derelict Exterminates so you have a limited number of enemies to bother you. You can also bring along some Dragon keys to get mods which you can keep or resell.

The Engines are dropped by Reinforced Corpus Containers. You can find these reliably on Cameria, Jupiter. It's a level 15-25 Dark Sector Survival. Since it's a Dark Sector mission you get resource bonuses as well as a nice credit payout. This map can be cleared by a single person within the first 5 minutes. Rare Containers drop once every 10 missions or so and are Reinforced about 25% of the time (~1 in 40 missions). You can find a Reinforced container after about 4-6 hours. I'd recommend running with Equinox or Ember (toggled AOE damage) with a Carrier and some sort of explosive weapon for opening containers, like the Sonicor. This mission is also a great source of Neural Sensors!

The Blueprint is available for purchase on the market.

This guide is now complete! While farming for the Mantis can seem daunting at first, it's really not too bad. Do the Law of Retribution to get the Fuselage, do ODEs for the Avionics, and do Cameria, Jupiter for the Engines. Along with your Mantis you'll also get piles of credits, boosters, Derelict Vault mods, and rare resources. Mine will be done by U18, just in time for the Scimitar to make it obsolete!

Happy Hunting, Tenno.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

A Rare and a Reinforced Corpus Container can appear in the same mission.  Also, the Mantis Blueprint no longer drops from Rare containers.  How many runs of Cameria did you complete?

Thanks for the info, will update.

I was able to get a single Cameria run down to 5 minutes, so 12 an hour. Last night I did 4 or so hours straight (ugh) and today was about an hour or so until we found the reinforced and I stopped for guiness. The 2 days before we were lightly running at maybe 1/3 speed for an hour a night. In total, I did something like 70 runs over the last 4 days and found 7 rare containers and a reinforced, as well as a few million credits (current payout is 17k/run or about 200k credits/hr, so maybe 1.2m total, though I'm not sure what the total is with the credit boosters from the rares included) and a fat stack of neural sensors. Won't have to go after Salad anytime soon.

What are you using to break all the caches? Currently I'm running with Nyx and a max range absorb build to pop every cache in the radius. How are you quickly clearing and moving through the map?

High range + efficiency Equinox using Maim to deal with enemies and occasinally nuke a room's crates, a Sonicor to break crates otherwise, and a Carrier to pick up the pieces. You don't need to break everything (you can basically skip the little containers), just make sure you cover the whole map. My Carrier also has Animal Instinct so I can see where all the crates are near me.

My best advice for Cameria is that the tileset is fairly vertical (look up!) and that all of the containers we've found have been in the little side rooms that spawn all over the place. Oh, and bullet jump everywhere.