Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is There Still An Afk Penalty

PerishedFraud

Unless DR separates private and public, the rules apply to all. The afk system currently in place is a direct result if the huge amount if leechers. The afk system is also here because of DE not wanting a kick system of any kind.

And if DE made it possible to turn off the AFK feature in private lobbies, than they would separate the two lobby types?

You're not really saying anything new...

And if DE made it possible to turn off the AFK feature in private lobbies, than they would separate the two lobby types?

You're not really saying anything new...

True, but that programming falls on DE. Under the current system there is no way for the bot to tell the difference between "someone is at the door" vs a leech.

True, but that programming falls on DE. Under the current system there is no way for the bot to tell the difference between "someone is at the door" vs a leech.

Ahh, good point.

So to prevent people from leeching, my friends have to stop playing the game.

Got it.

Ahh, good point.

So to prevent people from leeching, my friends have to stop playing the game.

Got it.

Blame someone, blame those who brought this system on us. DE doesn't sit in there offices thinking of ways to hurt us. If we had a vote kick instead of an afk system I would be happy. But more people are afraid of abuse.

I have had to ask and race to what I was doing so I don't get hit with the bot. Something needs to change, I agree. But you can't have nothing.

Blame someone, blame those who brought this system on us. DE doesn't sit in there offices thinking of ways to hurt us. If we had a vote kick instead of an afk system I would be happy. But more people are afraid of abuse.

I have had to ask and race to what I was doing so I don't get hit with the bot. Something needs to change, I agree. But you can't have nothing.

I don't think you and I are having the same conversation anymore.

I don't think you and I are having the same conversation anymore.

We are, I'm trying to tell why it's in place and possible solutions. Honestly, Im not getting anything but whining from you. The bottom line is the afk system is in place to combate leechers, sorry your friends are in crosshairs.

End of line.

We are, I'm trying to tell why it's in place and possible solutions. Honestly, Im not getting anything but whining from you. The bottom line is the afk system is in place to combate leechers, sorry your friends are in crosshairs.

End of line.

Adorable.

I'm making a suggestion on how to fix the situation, you're whining about all the ways it wont work.

Try again. 

The only way to beat the afk system is to give in and shuffle like a madman.

I don't want to shuffle like a madman! 

It's damn annoying, it can get me killed! And it makes the game really tense, as I always have to wonder if the AFK TIMER OF DOOM is appeased.

Just because we have a (horrible, annoying) solution for this problem, DOES NOT NEGATE THE EXISTENCE OF THE PROBLEM,

Edited by BeeOverlord

Maybe I missed it in the 6 pages of replies, but, has anybody actually presented a video where they were playing the game and got marked as AFK by the system?  Because, again, I've never seen it happen.  Farmed ODD last night with friends, sat up on the corners with my Simulor for the entire wave, never got marked as AFK.  There may be real bugs at work here, and they'll never get found if everybody is raving hysterically about how unfair it all is.  Give specifics, ideally video, of where and how you got marked as AFK when you feel you shouldn't have.

Maybe I missed it in the 6 pages of replies, but, has anybody actually presented a video where they were playing the game and got marked as AFK by the system?  Because, again, I've never seen it happen.  Farmed ODD last night with friends, sat up on the corners with my Simulor for the entire wave, never got marked as AFK.  There may be real bugs at work here, and they'll never get found if everybody is raving hysterically about how unfair it all is.  Give specifics, ideally video, of where and how you got marked as AFK when you feel you shouldn't have.

They were giving the example of wanting to afk while "playing".

Edited by Naftal

some of the posters seem to be "unfairly" penalized but maybe spamming an ability and not much else is also considered not exactly contributing. i get them though, i tend to read up forums and stuff through the steam overlay while doing defs after a few waves or during the checkpoint. its like a nice break for a bit until i go back to killing stuff yet i never get the penalty because i dont stay off that long.

my problem is when real life stuff comes up you will undoubtedly get penalized. not to mention the current afk system isnt exactly helping with leechers, i think its better if they just remove it for the time being because right now its just annoying if you got sudden real life stuff to do.

well if I had a vid from the tests I mentioned of my clanmates you'd not notice anyone of us "marked" afk anyway.....

you'd just see that the loot no longer picks up even while lying exacly in our feets, maybe if the state would be left long enought you'd noticed no reward on usuall reward

issue with making a difference between whats a bug and whats intended is that DE NEVER stated how that system is intended to work except for flagged players not picking up loot and receiving no rewards while marked - and this long is sounds ok - issue is how it decides to mark one as afk.

as far as testing in our clan went last time we have yet strenght and patience to test it it was making that decision solely on character movement - and nothing more

and then again - as information flow between us and DE on some matters goes they could change that multiple times since then without saying even a word about that - and that's again issue

and on bonus point - system is aimed at bots but with how it currently works bots have easiest way to pass it by.