Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Weapon Ever

MrEvilMexican

Too much hate on the soma prime just because it's a decent crit build rifle.

Well, it's a crit rifle that does not feel different at all ... While grakata feels and handles totally different, having soma prime is like having braton prime with stronger headshots.

Well, it's a crit rifle that does not feel different at all ... While grakata feels and handles totally different, having soma prime is like having braton prime with stronger headshots.

Personally I prefer it for the magazine capacity, I'm sick of rifles that spend more time reloading instead of shooting,thats how we die.

Personally I prefer it for the magazine capacity, I'm sick of rifles that spend more time reloading instead of shooting,thats how we die.

I would have loved soma's one upside - spool up , allowing for precise shots . In soma prime, this i removed or doesn't matter at all, making it another braton skin ... And I use Grakata/Kohm All the time lately - don't experience any problem with reloading while all mobs are panicking/staggered/KD'd ... Status makes up for ammo economy ... Soma - hit heads or fire away - spool up makes it a straight choice . Soma prime - neither , just shoot , it would act like auto rifle anyways ... Soma Prime is like a lower dakka grakata in that case . And If I want a full auto rifle , I would take Braton Prime , Or gratata.

EDIT:Ninja'd

Edited by pavlo555

Not a complete list, but most of the weapons that are really bad, or just so forgotten from previous updates that they are hardly use-able, or not nearly as good as they once were: 

Primaries: 

Dera

Mutualist Quanta

Flux Rifle

Glaxion

Ignis

Drakgoon

Phage

Regular Snipetron

Attica

Panthera

Secondaries:

Acrid

Cestra

Kraken 

Stug

Tysis

Seer

Spectra

Twin Vipers (either version)

Akjagara (because they were way more trouble than they were worth)

Melee: 

Magistar

Prova

Machete

Hate

Reaper Prime

Redeemer

Ether Reaper

And just... so many more for melee. Seriously there are a lot of bad melee weapons. I was looking over all the different melee weapons that don't measure up and just started feeling depressed. I give up on listing those. 

Shooting an enemy isn't how you play it?

What, I'm supposed to just ask them to stop and sing campfire songs with me?

Spraying and praying is a wonderful way for some people to play the game while not moving, parkouring or anything. Just spray bolts all over the place and you WILL hit SOMETHING. With Boltor Prime you generally KILL it and forget about it. Because it worked.

Okay, I ALSO carry it when I am leveling a new frame in case Stalker/Zanuka/G3 show up. Rarely use it. Boring weapon. Even the Telos Boltor is more interesting.

I like CHALLENGE in a game, not stupid simple OP. I want to be REWARDED when I aim at a target, not simply fire 40 shots to hit him. I know, I know, I am weird, The whole 'short controlled bursts' thing is stupid when you can spray the area. But I RARELY run out of ammunition even without a rifle ammo mutation mod.

Another weapon I hate? Penta.

But not for the weapon or it's stats or it's playstyle.

For the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME I fire it, some moron runs in front of me. I have had to RUN OUT OF MY SNOWGLOBE on defense a LOT to keep from being killed by my own weapon because my teammates are morons and the AI is suicidal and the hitboxes for the bounces are annoying as hell.

Edited by Kalenath

Spraying and praying is a wonderful way for some people to play the game while not moving, parkouring or anything. Just spray bolts all over the place and you WILL hit SOMETHING.

Okay, I ALSO carry it when I am leveling a new frame in case Stalker/Zanuka/G3 show up. Rarely use it. Boring weapon. Even the Telos Boltor is more interesting.

I like CHALLENGE in a game, not stupid simple OP. I want to be REWARDED when I aim at a target, not simply fire 40 shots to hit him.

I've always treated Boltor as a shotgun, and use methods to get close and let loose.

It can usually end up with me dying, or the target being dead.

I also bring it to boss fights, because heavy artillery is helpful, but I've never used it as an answer to everything.

I've always treated Boltor as a shotgun, and use methods to get close and let loose.

It can usually end up with me dying, or the target being dead.

I also bring it to boss fights, because heavy artillery is helpful, but I've never used it as an answer to everything.

Well good. No sarcasm intended.

That puts you ahead of about half of the players I see with it.

When I fire it, I TRY to use it like a Burston. Short bursts of four or five bolts. That kills almost anything but a boss/high level Heavy Gunner or Bombard and I rarely run out of ammunition.

But seeing SO MANY people abuse it got old.

Edited by Kalenath

Spraying and praying is a wonderful way for some people to play the game while not moving, parkouring or anything. Just spray bolts all over the place and you WILL hit SOMETHING. With Boltor Prime you generally KILL it and forget about it. Because it worked.

I like CHALLENGE in a game, not stupid simple OP. I want to be REWARDED when I aim at a target, not simply fire 40 shots to hit him. I know, I know, I am weird, The whole 'short controlled bursts' thing is stupid when you can spray the area. But I RARELY run out of ammunition even without a rifle ammo mutation mod.

Another weapon I hate? Penta.

But not for the weapon or it's stats or it's playstyle.

For the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME I fire it, some moron runs in front of me. I have had to RUN OUT OF MY SNOWGLOBE on defense a LOT to keep from being killed by my own weapon because my teammates are morons and the AI is suicidal and the hitboxes for the bounces are annoying as hell.

I learned to stop bringing my Pentagon on t3 survivalist in the sewer system because of that, I got mocked by noobs for "bad aim" when they faced blocked it over and over

• 1 month later...

EEEEHHHHH im bored.................

SO LETS JUST RANDOMLY POST TOPICS ALL OVE RTHE BOARDS!!!

WHY NOT???

so yh wats ur worst, most absolutely HATED weapons?

for ex- my most hated wepon is probs paracyst......... sucks $&*^

ANY Of the charge up weapons, Holy Hodown their all so bad, i keep making them because i forget their bad and im like ooo a new wepn that shoot blades or shratanal???!?P!?P!? or flak!?P thats AWESOME

then i make it and i cry at how useless it is.