Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Bubble Vs. Nullifiers [Megathread]

arKRazor

It's more of an unlisted bug fix than a stealth nerf.  If any player goes inside the Nullifier bubble, then it is to be expected that ALL abilities get disabled.  Snow Globe was never supposed to be an exception to this rule.

That being said, I still think this enemy has the worst design in the game.  You're given only two options to counter it: (1) be pre-equipped with an automatic weapon to spray the bubble down, and (2) rush into the bubble for a faster kill, forsaking any active buff on you.  Nullifiers are unfair; they reduce player choice, which is, was, and will never be good for any game, ever.

Edited by AzureEmulation

could be a bug or simply something they forgot to list in a hotfix. i dont use frost so wouldnt know how it usually is.

Don't run into the bubble. There are enough tools at our disposal to take out a nullifier bubble that it shouldn't be that big a deal. A thrown secondary with Concealed Explosives or the new Sonicor will do the trick just fine.

thats not really a fair thing to say since maybe all he had to viably kill them was running into the bubble(weapons with low fire rate)

The problem is you have to use specific weapons to pierce the bubble at range. Also the Bubble/Shield/Rock Wall are already deployed and are not linked to your warframe anymore, so it would be more realistic for the Nullifiers to destroy the bubble by hitting it with their bubble, not the frame.

At least nullifiers are visible from afar, new corpus enemies aren't so when they disabled my vex armor when i run melee only with chroma im really sad. I think new corpus should prevent you from using abilities but not disable them.

The have a distinct pinging sound when they get close.

Edited by duhadventure

Well, that "rework" of nulifiers bubble is kinda stupid... at very least.

You cast something - that something applies a certain effect, that can be canceled at any given time as soon as you walk into the damn bubble, even if the object or whatever affected by your ability is nowhere near that nulifier field nor dirrectly connected to the warframe!

This is a level of logic similar to: someone, per say, has lit the fuse on a bomb - you extinguish the match used to lit the fuse and the fuse magically gets extinguished too... Bravo!.. 

Edit: Removed a few offensive lines. Generally I'm trying to be a nice person, but as soon I have to deal with something that's stupid/broken or whatever for hours - I can get a little frustrated. Juuust a little bit... 

Edited by BitterPill

It's more of an unlisted bug fix than a stealth nerf.  If any player goes inside the Nullifier bubble, then it is to be expected that ALL abilities get disabled.  Snow Globe was never supposed to be an exception to this rule.

That being said, I still think this enemy has the worst design in the game.  You're given only two options to counter it: (1) be pre-equipped with an automatic weapon to spray the bubble down, and (2) rush into the bubble for a faster kill, forsaking any active buff on you.  Nullifiers are unfair; they reduce player choice, which is, was, and will never be good for any game, ever.

Ancients and Nullifiers are meant to be a threat and they are fulfilling their role very well but the thing is they appear ALOT more often than they should to the point it seems unfair to those that aren't equipped with "god" tier gears like most of us :<

DE need to address this issue.

People have been asking for Nullifier changes since forever since they are totally broken vs low fire rate weapons. DE has ignored this and instead keep buffing nullifiers every mayor patch. This makes no sense...

When going T3/4 void I am FORCED to run an ammo efficient med/high fire rate weapon simply because of nullifiers and their high spawns (I have 3/4 at once in one room pretty much every match). Whenever I try using high power low fire rate weapons I need an entire mag to take it down. This really needs to change.

As for the abilities change itself, It's a contradiction. They want players to be more diverse and interact more with environment/enemy, then they include a mission death sentence the moment you do so. really?

Edited by Demon.King

So much for not wanting the player to afk in one spot. Now Frost can never leave the pod or the mission will fail...

^this

Sounds like that from now on, Frost isn't allowed to loot between the defense waves, because Frost isn't the fastest frame, and the timer between waves is 5 seconds. Good luck trying to loot the whole area during that

I thought DE wanted to reduce static gameplay, but now they force Frost players to stay inside the globe. and to add insult to injury, the sentinel goes inactive during first wave.

Also there is the issue of in squads the frost having to stay in the bubble because the teammates don't want the bubble to go down, which makes frost a stationary frame instead of the tank he is.

Agreed. This change made frost nearly stationary frame cause buble is too important in high level missions.

so it would be more realistic for the Nullifiers to destroy the bubble by hitting it with their bubble, not the frame.

Considering that in alot of missions they may "jump" on a bubbled target this would be even worse.

Atleast if bubble disappears it should have some visible effect not just turn into air.

I still hope this change was unintended.

People have been asking for Nullifier changes since forever since they are totally broken vs low fire rate weapons. DE has ignored this and instead keep buffing nullifiers every mayor patch. This makes no sense...

When going T3/4 void I am FORCED to run an ammo efficient med/high fire rate weapon simply because of nullifiers and their high spawns (I have 3/4 at once in one room pretty much every match). Whenever I try using high power low fire rate weapons I need an entire mag to take it down. This really needs to change.

As for the abilities change itself, It's a contradiction. They want players to be more diverse and interact more with environment/enemy, then they include a mission death sentence the moment you do so. really?

IRONY:

Copter: Limited weapon choice so they removed it.

NULLIFIER: Limiting choice of weapon, but they do nothing to alter it.

IRONY:

Copter: Limited weapon choice so they removed it.

NULLIFIER: Limiting choice of weapon, but they do nothing to alter it.

Except coptering got replaced by an entirely new system, and creating an entire system for one enemy type is a waste of resources.

Try to avoid dev bashing.

Nullifiers were a good idea in concept, they are just a tad bit overpowered. Their ability to kill is not that high (unless its mid to long range) but it is rather their ability to block abilities, and every update seems to buff them (be it accidental or intentional.)