Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Bubble Vs. Nullifiers [Megathread]

arKRazor

This was in the u17.5 patch notes, so not a stealth nerf

Quoting the update

"Fixed Nullifier bubbles not properly stopping Nova’s Molecular Prime, Rhino’s Stomp or Frost’s Abilities."

The issue was that Molecular Prime, Rhino’s Stomp, Frost 1, 2 and 4 were sometimes able to pass trough nullifier shields and apply their CC.

Nowhere does it mention that they now ALSO nullify the bubble.

So yes, it's a stealth nerf hidden behind a fix.

Things are simple really. I am fine with nullifiers preventing me from from using powers when in their bubble, but I am totally NOT fine if the nullifier now has the ability to remove a separate physical already existing object.

Edited by Demon.King

There is a fix coming for this (Frost entering bubble dispelling Snowglobes placed elsewhere).

There is also a more exhaustive (every power) audit in progress to abide by the base rule that:

'Powers in Nullifier bubble are deactivated/removed, powers cast outside of a Nullifier bubble survive. If a Nullifier bubble touches an independent power created or buffed objects.. it is destroyed or removed'.

More on this as progress is made - audit began this week as a result of this Frost issue.

There is a fix coming for this (Frost entering bubble dispelling Snowglobes placed elsewhere).

There is also a more exhaustive (every power) audit in progress to abide by the base rule that:

'Powers in Nullifier bubble are deactivated/removed, powers cast outside of a Nullifier bubble survive. If a Nullifier bubble touches an independent power created or buffed objects.. it is destroyed or removed'.

More on this as progress is made - audit began this week as a result of this Frost issue.

Death to the tinfoil!

Just to clarify; does that mean a Nullifer bubble that touches Frost globes and Atlas golems will be dispelled?

So no chaos sphere rings that will chaos enemies in the bubble when they get out?

And which abilities will be affected by this too?I hope not

vauban - bastille (nullies in raid will destroy them all then)

limbo - cataclysm (with the insane range just touching the bubble would be really easy for nullifiers)

hydroid - tentacle swarm (if all tentacles will just disappear if one is touched)

zephyr - tornado (same as hydroid)

I can't say that I'm happy with how the way the nullifiers spawn and the coming changes to be honest. It's just not an option to just kill them all before they touch your abilities. Or at least not while outside camp setup, I hope this doesn't force groups to go camping.

So now we're adding even more to this bubble without even bothering to fix it for snipers, bows and shotguns?

Cool. Let's promote more bullet hoses and ability spam!

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I have interpreted this as "Nullifiers are becoming even more of a nuisance." Though, I am still unclear on what exactly you're saying in regards to the audit.

I still agree on the topic that the new Combas, and the Nullifiers, are redundant enemies. The new combination Corpus enemies seem to be fairer and well thought out more than Nullifiers ever were, both in AI behavior and in design of appearance.

Nullifiers always were sort of misplaced and annoying, their bubbles overlap one another, they overlap into walls, stairwells, and their bubbles do not shrink down in accordance to the rate of fire of a weapon - meaning they take a certain amount of hits and specific time to shrink and dispel regardless.

In my humble plead, I would like to see the Combas expanded upon as is, and the Nulliiers removed in their place.

I still agree on the topic that the new Combas, and the Nullifiers, are redundant enemies. The new combination Corpus enemies seem to be fairer and well thought out more than Nullifiers ever were, both in AI behavior and in design of appearance.

Nullifiers always were sort of misplaced and annoying, their bubbles overlap one another, they overlap into walls, stairwells, and their bubbles do not shrink down in accordance to the rate of fire of a weapon - meaning they take a certain amount of hits and specific time to shrink and dispel regardless.

In my humble plead, I would like to see the Combas expanded upon as is, and the Nulliiers removed in their place.

+1d

also apparently most of this is my thread turned into a megathread o.O

Sounds even worse than it is now. Nullifier bubble just coming into contact with frost globe destroys it? Sounds like everyone will be forced to run high fire rate weps in void defense. 

So what do you intended to do about Atlas' melee rumblers who always run head long into nullifier bubbles?

Sounds even worse than it is now. Nullifier bubble just coming into contact with frost globe destroys it? Sounds like everyone will be forced to run high fire rate weps in void defense. 

If this goes trough I'll probably quit. It would make the frost rework useless and force everyone to go high rof and camp pod...so...much...fun...

In my opinion it should be that it decreases the HP of the globe rapidly.

absolutely not nullifiers are far too common for that unless your limiting them to 2 spawned a time hardcap they should prevent power use and deactivate buffs while inside the bubble when you leave the bubble your buffs should be turned back on. nothing more nothing less nullifiers as they are now and with your suggested change, suggest a CoD style game-play requirement. we are warframes we should not be punished by wasted energy because DE cant make a logical choice in game balancing