Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distilling Old Arcane Helmet Stats Onto Primes....

Man_In_Suitcase

So with Trinity Prime's sexy AF helmet, it's jus' too good not to be wearing. However I still want to use the Arcane Aura for the extra 25+ duration but on her prime helmet, but alas the old arcane helmets cannot be distilled. I'd really love to be able to wear the prime helmets on Warframes but with arcane stats, especially on Loki....

So this is what I propose;

1) Old arcane helmets can be distilled in the same manner as all other arcanes, with the exception they cannot be traded once being on a Prime helmet, nor can it be tradable as a standalone arcane (maybe).

2) Distilled arcanes would remain Warframe specific, so for e.g Loki's arcane swindle bonus stat can't be used on any other Warframe but Loki.

3) If you wish to remove the arcane stat from from your prime helmet then simply use the arcane distiller, which would remove it and then would remain in your arcane inventory.

Since arcanes are becoming a thing, it's high time the old helmets don't get left behind. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

So with Trinity Prime's sexy AF helmet, it's jus' too good not to be wearing. However I still want to use the Arcane Aura for the extra 25+ duration but on her prime helmet, but alas the old arcane helmets cannot be distilled. I'd really love to be able to wear the prime helmets on Warframes but with arcane stats, especially on Loki....

1) Old arcane helmets can be distilled in the same manner as all other arcanes, with the exception they cannot be traded once being on a Prime helmet, nor can it be tradable as a standalone arcane (maybe).

2) Distilled arcanes would remain Warframe specific, so for e.g Loki's arcane swindle bonus stat can't be used on any other Warframe but Loki.

3) If you wish to remove the arcane stat from from your prime helmet then simply use the arcane distiller, which would remove it and then would remain in your arcane inventory.

Since arcanes are becoming a thing, it's high time the old helmets don't get left behind. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

I personally think that the old Arcane Helmet stats should just be released as Arcanes from alerts or something.  Don't see why old players like myself who were around before the change should be the only players that have access to these specific arcanes.

They could possibly restrict it to certain frames like they are now but I don't see why they can't be like "corrupted" arcanes that could be a rare drop from something like the nightmare alerts or something.  Or maybe something like in Rotation A or B of Void Endless missions.  Make them worth running other then the Rot C of like any Endless mission ever and give us something more then R5s and Orokin Cells.

In retrospect, the old arcane effects should have just been deleted. Of course, DE have passed the point where that would be acceptable for the playerbase.

That said, I support this. I'd love to use excalibur's mordred helm without sacrificing the effects from my arcane pendragon.

Yes or a Costume Helmet Slot.

Equipped: Loki Arcane Essence

Costume: Loki Prime Helm

Seems easier to implement to me.

Loki Prime's helm is the best helm in the game (I think) yet I won't use it because of my Arcane Essence.

Edited by Lanieu

Loki Prime's helm is the best helm in the game (I think) yet I won't use it because of my Arcane Essence.

This seems like the best solution.

Click on a helmet and you get 2 options under it:

-appearance

-stats

Just enable the stats of the arcane and the appearance of any other helmet. This should also work perfectly with any other arcanes you have since you can just keep 3 different helmets with 3 different stats on them around, while maintaining your favourite appearance.

That's why I'm behind trilled that Trinitys Prime Helm is so good. Finally get to use a prime helm. Woohoo!

I like this Idea too, question being would DE make it as easy as that. One can hope!

I personally think that the old Arcane Helmet stats should just be released as Arcanes from alerts or something.  Don't see why old players like myself who were around before the change should be the only players that have access to these specific arcanes.

They could possibly restrict it to certain frames like they are now but I don't see why they can't be like "corrupted" arcanes that could be a rare drop from something like the nightmare alerts or something.  Or maybe something like in Rotation A or B of Void Endless missions.  Make them worth running other then the Rot C of like any Endless mission ever and give us something more then R5s and Orokin Cells.

I'd like to see the return of them too, newer tenno should have the oppitunities to get them (Inb4 special snowflake tenno), whether by tactical alerts or bonus weekends like our proxy ones. Not quite sure about the idea of corrupted arcanes tho. Sure they give bonuses, but only pretty minus ones, they shouldn't have to become an integral part of someone's build with +one stat -another, that is why we have corrupted mods.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

I think arcanes should just have their own arsenal slot, like Relics in SWTOR. The new ones being frame independent, but the old helmets still restricted by frame.

So like,

Warframe

Primary

Secondary

Melee

Arcane...

Companion

Companion Weapon

Gear...

Emotes...

• 3 months later...

Originally when DE removed them, instead of outright deleting them, DE gave players a choice to either keep using them or dispose them and wear regular/prime helms. They even made those new arcanes from raid.

Knowing all that, if you want to keep using these old helms, you're supposed to suck it up and do it at your own inconvenience. Old arcanes aren't meant to be in the game anymore but DE gave people the chance to keep or obtain by trading so just be grateful for that.

Not that I don't support any of the ideas in this thread but it makes sense.

Edited by SunsetChaos

nah, it will not happen cause all the new players will cry out because they have not it. Solution ? Make the arcane helmet drop with something like 1-2% from any raid. Why 1-2%? Cause they could substitute any of the other arcane cause they beat them hands down. 

How about people just live with the fact that they cannot have everything?  Like how non founders have to live with NOT having Excalibur Prime.  I'm fine with that, are people so entitled about every little MINISCUEL thing that they 'need' to water it down by giving it to everyone everywhere every time or it's not 'fair'?

Life is not fair dude. (Hur Dur, inb4 Warframe's Not life.  Duh.  That means nothing however.)

If they want a certain arcane helmet, then get around 150p and go to Trade.

How about people just live with the fact that they cannot have everything?  Like how non founders have to live with NOT having Excalibur Prime.  I'm fine with that, are people so entitled about every little MINISCUEL thing that they 'need' to water it down by giving it to everyone everywhere every time or it's not 'fair'?

Life is not fair dude. (Hur Dur, inb4 Warframe's Not life.  Duh.  That means nothing however.)

If they want a certain arcane helmet, then get around 150p and go to Trade.

Even though i own almost every Arcane helmet that i got from the past, this thread still makes sense in a way because we still want to look good while still trying to be useful to the team.

However, limiting stats such as Power Range, Strength, etc from helmets only is kind of a weird system now that DE has another form of Arcanes implemented, hence why the proposal to distill old Arcanes and reimplement them as special stats that you can equip to substitute the lack of new Arcanes.

They will still function like they do, unless you're an elitist prick and demands a Trinity Prime without an Aura helmet to use or buy an Aura helmet because Blessing build isn't complete without that helmet while the player itself doesn't really want to change or buy the appropriate 'cosmetic item'.

Even though i own almost every Arcane helmet that i got from the past, this thread still makes sense in a way because we still want to look good while still trying to be useful to the team.

However, limiting stats such as Power Range, Strength, etc from helmets only is kind of a weird system now that DE has another form of Arcanes implemented, hence why the proposal to distill old Arcanes and reimplement them as special stats that you can equip to substitute the lack of new Arcanes.

They will still function like they do, unless you're an elitist prick and demands a Trinity Prime without an Aura helmet to use or buy an Aura helmet because Blessing build isn't complete without that helmet while the player itself doesn't really want to change or buy the appropriate 'cosmetic item'.

Being honest, yes.  I hate elitist pricks too, you don't NEED in this game to Min/Max to go 80+ Minutes in a T4 or S1-S3. 

I really just want the Arcane Helmet's left alone (edit: Talking about people who just want them removed, or given out globally because they cannot go to trade chat :/).  As I said, they aren't needed.  Are they nice to have?  Sure, if you can make the stat's work.  However, I'm talking about people who look at other players and go "You have that, why don't I have it.  It's not right.  This game sucks!"  When the stat's are relatively minor, and not having it will absolutely not break the game for you and make your effort's invalid.

Edited by achromos