Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor: Not Another Complaint Thread

(XBOX)Papa Requiem

Hello all!

I'm having some trouble figuring out how good the Synoid Gammacor is these days. I started Warframe in the beginning of the year when the weapon was super OP with 210dmg and incredible ammo economy etc, etc. I know I'm behind the times but I took a couple month break a while back and only just now traded for one on the chat. Then I see it has only 28dmg and I'm like "Did I just get ripped off?"

So what I'm asking is: is this gun in line with the other syndicate secondaries and if so, is it one of the best still or one of the worst. I don't care about endless t3/t4's and stuff like that. I just want to understand if its worth investing a catalyst/forma into it like I've put into weapons like the AkMagnus. I just need a little help to figure it out since I don't understand any of the forum posts I've found.

Just need a simple answer guys. Thanks.

It's still powerful but it's sustainability took an enormous hit. You need to use it more sparingly/in short busts, and even with that and an ammo mutation you can't expect it to sustain itself for all that long. 

If you really use it truly as a secondary, just an occasional drawing it out for taking down a couple heavy targets, it's still good dps. But you aren't going to be able to run around with it forever like before -- basically they took a nuclear bomb to it's ammo economy. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

It still has the same DPS, just the fire rate has been increased and the base damage lowered. That being said the sustainable DPS takes a hit because it burns through its ammo much faster but its burst remains the same.

Edited by iDEBz

As stated by everyone else. It took a nerf to its ammo consumption and economy. Clip size doubled to 150, fire rate was moved up to like 15 rounds a second. Max ammo is 450 or something like that. Each round now does a fraction of the original damage. But mathematically, is the same dps. But arguably, the dps os slightly lowered due to the more reloads and how easy it is to run out of ammo. But still a good gun to take. I do recommend a prime pistol ammo mutation for it to help it's ammo economy.

Simply put, no the synoid is not worth your time if your aims are just a high tier secondary. After it's nerf, as many have noted, the synoid took a huge hit to sustainable damage, which makes it very difficult to manage (even with ammo mutation or its primed variant) against any sort of mission with heavy enemy presence. The clip will almost always be dry, as will your other weapons after a point if you don't use the weapon sparingly. So unless you are using the weapon because you enjoy its particular look or are just a huge fan of laser guns then you are wasting your time, because fact of the matter is there are a good number of guns that are much better than the synoid now with the same amount of difficulty to obtain. Including its other syndicate brethren. 

(don't get me wrong, the synoid is a very fun gun and i use it from time to time still but it is most certainly not a practical choice by any means)

Edited by Cubewano

I'm surprised to see so many posts on this already. I already have all the other syndicate secondaries so I'm not looking to upgrade but I didn't want to spend a bunch of forma on something that wouldn't be at least decent. I am a huge fan of the original gammacor, so I'll use it but I'll remember not to take it into long missions.

Thank you all for your posts! Super helpful!

Edited by (XB1)RequiemOfReason

You really need a maxed Pistol Ammo Mutation in it now, or it's not worth bringing when compared to another secondary that will last 10x as long. Its DPS will take a hit, but its ammo will last longer than a minute. I'm pretty sure forcing the use of Pistol Ammo Mutation was part of DE's intent, although in my opinion they went twice as far as they should have (5x ammo consumption, 1/5th damage would have been more rational). As is stands now, large ammo plates are almost totally useless for it, which is BS in my opinion.

On the other hand, if you really do plan to use your secondary only as an emergency sidearm or very occasionally, you can get away with no ammo mutations/aura. Really though, the Atomos tends to be a much better emergency sidearm for obvious reasons (when downed, you only have to hit one enemy in order to chain to a lot of enemies, for example).

Edited by Kastorius