Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Weapon Advice

JohnViande

Question

Hey guys,

After some time avoiding archwing because I found it too boring, I finally managed to get into it thanks to my new level 30/potatoed Iztal, which is actually quite fun to play (Odonata... *pukes*).

Anyhow, now I'm having the same problem with archwing primary weapons and I need advice:

I only tried two: Of course I started with the Imperator, which is by far the most boring assault rifle in the whole game, I still don't know how I managed to get that stupid thing to level 30. Then I tried Corvas and it's just too damn slow and not powerful enough to compensate for the slowness, aaaaand it's kinda boring too.

So now I'm trying to farm everywhere to get some parts and try new stuff, that I hope will be better than those two...

- At the moment I'm building the Phaedra which will be ready in 12 hours, but I read it was like a downgraded version of the Imperator, what of it?

- I tried to farm the Velocitus too but the last part just won't drop, which is a shame because I read that some people consider it as the best archwing weapon.

- No idea about the other ones though. Dual decurion? Grattler? What else?

In short, what would you guys recommend?

8 answers to this question

For close range I highly recommend Fluctus. In general you can probably do fine with the Imperator, or work a bit to get the Phaedra for better close-up damage. For boss battles and events where you need pure DPS, you should have a Velocitus ready.

As for Melee, Centaur is hands down the best of them all. The only downside it had over any other weapon was higher stamina consumption.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Grattler is amazeballs.  It pairs well with every Archwing, it's short range aoe so it pairs well with both complementing Elytron's extensive long range kit, and with Itzal's penumbra and cosmic crush: "Hide->Crush->Shoot->Crush->-Shoot->Repeat ad infinitum."  Finally it pairs amazingly with Odonata's Energy Shell, as Grattler has high crit chance and crit damage, it takes great advantage of Energy Shell's 50% increase to damage and additional 200% crit damage boost.

Lets you do things like kill Jordas in 10 seconds.

Edited by Gelkor

for me I use the imperator vandal, its the most easy to use gun of the bunch, no fancy mechanics or such, just your everyday auto-mini gun 

the decurion and corvas is just not archwing, the veloctis is powerful but the charge rate is so slow and archwing combat is too quick, grattler suffers from it's range limit and slow fire rate and small magazine, fluctus is also a fine weapon, though one of the parts is missing from drop-table 
and the new gun I haven't tried it yet 

for melee, everyone says the centaur, but I'm currently using the rathbone, it has badass name, looks and very awesome stats, the prisma veritux is a great weapon too, onorix is so-so, knux and kaszas haven't tried them yet