Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Kind Of Auction House? [Megathread]

rudman88

*There is only one caveat to auction houses that people need to address, but we can't as it's going to be unknown until it happens and we would need DEs plat sales metrics to see how it affected plat sales anyway. If trading as is allows x amount of plat to filter through the community down from the whales to newbies and total f2p players which makes whales buy more plat as it gives them what is a better plat sink... Basically what DE doesn't want to happen is have whales not having enough things to waste plat on, and the trading as is can be good for that. Not to say an auction house wouldnt be either..

Though it seems many f2p players are more worried about an auction house because it "would ruin the economy". As in the actual prices of things. Basically what this means is they think they won't be able to make as much free plat and are scared they would have to buy some for a change XD.

All the scare mongering about price fixing or the market bottoming out is nothing to worry about. All the sellers will be fine in scenario A and all the buyers wil be fine in scenario B. I think it'll end up somewhere in the middle.

Also https://warframe.market/

I've not managed to sell anything through the site yet. but it has searchable listings. a few obvious fake listings lol but yeah people are selling and buying

Edited by Ghogiel

for those who say that they can simply buy all of one said item and then relist it for a higher price that can easily be fix have it set up so where if you buy something from the auction  house you can not repost it in the auction house period simple way of stopping greedy clans from controlling prices but the idea of an auction house in my opinion is a better choice then the way the greedy people in trade chat do things now. to be honest with the way it is now the economy is very one sided in the way prices go up and down. 

Denial of what? If you only knew how much plat we make and have made through the years (3500 hours).

You would be shocked.

Don`t fix it if it ain`t broken.

We all have started with a blank plat account.

Peace

Oh, so scamming newcomers and those with little understanding of the item's value is an okay thing to do? Right, please, pardon me if my moral sense keeps me from being "skilled" at using a silver tongue to con others.

It's broken. Period. The Trade chatroom is nothing but a big mess of people spamming their wares in huge walls of text in such a way that whatever you post gets flooded away. Also, what. So having 50 platinum in your starting account equals nothing, nada, zilch? Get serious, dude.

Bv6GkIw.gif 

Give it a chance, already. You can't judge something before it's even out, otherwise, you'll end up eating your words if it turns out different than your expectations.

This Topic is touchy, Some Games have done AH's good and some have done them bad... I think we just just have DE toss up there sugestion on what they would do to fix the trade chat because it is horrible, and then put it to a poll... But auction houses don't have to be the choice to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

How it would work:

- Can place 1 item each time, or bundle them together up to 5 items

- It would cost 1 trade

- Only items that can be trade-able can be placed in the Auction House

- The item would be listed on the Auction House for only 24 hours
   - if it goes past 24 hours, the item(s) goes to the owner's inbox saying that, "No one wants to buy this item at this time."

- There would be a Buy and/or Bid button

- The winner of the Bidding would get the item after the 24 hour mark.

- If someone is Bidding, it can be over turned if someone bought it, and the highest Bidder would get a message in their inbox stating that the item was purchased

- Purchases can only be done with Platinum

- If no one purchased the item or placed a bid within 24 hours, the 1 trade will not be refunded

- The seller's name would be listed with the item(s), so players would know who they are buying it from

- Items will be listed based off how long it has been in the Auction House

- From the least amount of time being first, to the most amount of time being last

- Items listed will not be affected by price

- Purchasing an item costs 1 trade

Differences between Trading and Auction House:

- Trading can only work when both players are present, but they can trade items for items

- Auction House allows trading done offline, so it would prevent any trading problem between timezones, servers, or being online.

Your thoughts on this?

Edited by Skills641

inb4 hate

Personally I like this Idea, but majority of the community is against this because anyone can buy low and then resell for high prices.

People do that all the time, it is also a risk if someone actually buys it from them at a high price, or not at all.

Edited by Skills641

It's an auction house for clan members only then? edit : nvm, it's in dojo but you want everyone to acces it i guess

because anyone can buy low and then resell for high prices.

Not really, people think price will plummet

Edited by Gilmaesh

Not really, people think price will plummet

Well, the fact that all ideas are set up in a way to protect against predatory sellers - but never predatory buyers - certainly doesn't help that.

That's the sole purpose of the 'buy it now' button - so if someone prices an item below what other bids would drive it to normally - that a predatory buyer can snatch it up.  That's every bit as much ripping someone off as selling an item for 100 plat when there are 100 people are offering for it 5 plat.

If we're gonna do this, we definitely need to prevent rip off artists - a search for low prices would allow you to cut out sellers looking to make more because of ignorance.   An AH with firm time limits, and no buy it now, should prevent predatory buyers.

inb4 hate

Personally I like this Idea, but majority of the community is against this because anyone can buy low and then resell for high prices.

We have this problem right now, people in trading chat low ball other people hoping they don't know current prices then those same people will try and sell it to other people who may not know prices and charge double what it worth.

People fear the free player market because it would give everyone a better idea of what the value of the items meaning no more ripping off people. Another fear is that supply is way to high and the demand is too low so prices would all drop to 1plat. I feel that is ridicules seeing how we have a good amount of ducat sinks(cheap prime mods anyone?).

It is best for the Market to be in the Relay items are across all regions, all players see the same market that way we can get more of a standard price. No need for bidding wars as that is too much of a pain. Making it buy only will also make the UI less cluttered.

I think DE forgot that this game has a virtual economy that THEY control. All they have to do is create a demand then regulate the supply. Too many prime parts(supply)---> more ducat sinks(creation of demand). Lots of extra mods(Supply)-->transmutation(crappy demand implementation)  maybe revamp? 4 rare mods+no credits=1 R5 core? Creation of too many R5 cores as a supply---> more Rank 10 mods as a demand.

We have this problem right now, people in trading chat low ball other people hoping they don't know current prices then those same people will try and sell it to other people who may not know prices and charge double what it worth.

People fear the free player market because it would give everyone a better idea of what the value of the items meaning no more ripping off people. Another fear is that supply is way to high and the demand is too low so prices would all drop to 1plat. I feel that is ridicules seeing how we have a good amount of ducat sinks(cheap prime mods anyone?).

It is best for the Market to be in the Relay items are across all regions, all players see the same market that way we can get more of a standard price. No need for bidding wars as that is too much of a pain. Making it buy only will also make the UI less cluttered.

I think DE forgot that this game has a virtual economy that THEY control. All they have to do is create a demand then regulate the supply. Too many prime parts(supply)---> more ducat sinks(creation of demand). Lots of extra mods(Supply)-->transmutation(crappy demand implementation)  maybe revamp? 4 rare mods+no credits=1 R5 core? Creation of too many R5 cores as a supply---> more Rank 10 mods as a demand.

That's what is special about doing this kind of Auction House; sure the demand for an item can be high, but if the supplying is limited(which it already is, by daily trading) it wouldn't be much of a problem when it comes to a large increase of this item. Especially since it can only stay on the Auction house for a limited time. 

As for bidding, it can vary on how the buyer wants their goods distributed. Some want to sell it instantly, some want people to fight for it. It is nice to give some options and flexibility.

That's what is special about doing this kind of Auction House; sure the demand for an item can be high, but if the supplying is limited(which it already is, by daily trading) it wouldn't be much of a problem when it comes to a large increase of this item. Especially since it can only stay on the Auction house for a limited time. 

As for bidding, it can vary on how the buyer wants their goods distributed. Some want to sell it instantly, some want people to fight for it. It is nice to give some options and flexibility.

Then make it go *both* ways.

Add an option to put up an offer to buy an item for a specific price, that sellers can browse.  Make the auction go both ways too - I can put up a buy offer for X items, and people who have them bid, going the other direction.

i actually like this idea. my clan and alliance are regularly trading with each other and a good number of members are from around the world.... im on guam, few in us, and most in australia. itll be nice if we can throw on our extras into a auction house and whoever buys then good.

we already have price watch for our new members to make sure no one is being scammed.

also if they can put an auction house in the relays thatll help in my opinion too... the trading chat is spammed so much i can hardly see what people want or selling without constantly going up and down. and the god awful numbers of tabs when people want to buy/sell to/from you is just terrible

Edited by (XB1)Sierra 671

Global Auction house system with fixed lowest price that's equal to Ducat price(or maybe 30-50 percent less, whatever), anyone?

More money to be made, more plat for your farming effort, more value to plat discount.

Nothing should be fixed, should just be based off of the player's choice.

If this were to happen, everyone would realize how high the supply actually is compared to the demand. Prices would plummet, destroying DE's profits.

Only way this would be implemented is if the supply was cut down, which would mean more drop table dilution. And no one wants that.

Now if this system worked just within a clan and its members, I think that wouldn't be too bad. A nice place to drop off prime parts/ for cheap if I have leftover trades.

Oh look! Another AH thread!

inb4: the inevitable death of this thread due to the futility of trying to convince DE to act against the best interests of the game and their bottom line.

I wonder, what is DE's ''best interest''? Making profit or making players happy...But in reality the second one will benefit the first.

If this were to happen, everyone would realize how high the supply actually is compared to the demand. Prices would plummet, destroying DE's profits.

Only way this would be implemented is if the supply was cut down, which would mean more drop table dilution. And no one wants that.

Now if this system worked just within a clan and its members, I think that wouldn't be too bad. A nice place to drop off prime parts/ for cheap if I have leftover trades.

The supply already is much higher than the demand, i have no idea how prices of the items will destroy DE's profits considering an auction house will run on plat, does that even make sense? Not rly... you still will need plat (which you have to buy with real money from de). Thinking all prices will drop to 1 plat is absurd, why? Take a look at junk prime parts and you will see why that will never happen. As far as ''oh but what about ppl that sell items for plat to buy other items with...'', that is already happening if anything an auction house will make even more profit(by making transactions fast/easy) and make a whole lot of players happy. Really... if DE wish to increase Demand, the higher rng is the most stupid thing that could happen. Just think about this lil idea for a few... just humor me alright:

Make it so prime parts are not permanent, what that means is... lets say in 1 month time at the end of the month you will need a full set of a PRIME(be it frame or weapon), if you have the set for it, the set is consumed and you can keep using the PRIME for a whole month untill the next full set requirement. If you dont have a PRIME set the item will simply be unavailable(unavailable =/= destroyed) untill you get a full set for the item(frame or weapon), and when you get the full set, the item will become available again for 1 month. Ofc vaulted items will not be included in this. With this you will have to get more and more PRIME parts for frames and weapons you love and want to use, not just, get all parts-build it-forget about it ever happened. It will increase demand dramatically, and ironically, without an AH for fast and easy trades the game would prolly die.

[french user, sorry for my english]

I am agree that we need an auction house, but we must have Offer AND Demand.

If you work with an Offer system price will rise rise rise... Nothing is controling price cause no one can edict the price he is agree to pay for an item.

Anyone can buy every item and make a trust on the product to refill the market with a few bunch that make it appears rare. This is the problem in most MMORPG with a Offer only AH.

If you can opposite an Demand on an item you keep a trace of the real price of item.

Taking an example : 

- High Voltage : Someone that haven't play this weekend can't be aware of the drop rate of Undermine project. If we concentrate on Offer, someone that want to sell it 100 pl can. Cause each time an offer with less price come, he can buy it, an maintain the price to 100pl, if someone sell it under I buy, I stock High voltage limitless, and sell a few to 100 pl.

If the demand can be set : the same someone not aware of drop rate, go on market and see a lot of 10pl demand will understand that something change recently for the price drop. And the person who want to take a control on market can't obliterate the real price cause demand is realist. Of course there will be some people who will try to scam with a very low price on rare mod, but some serious demand will cover this and a true price will rise from the demand, if you're not aggree with the price demand you can try to sell it much expensive, but you will have to wait. If you want to get a mod now, you take an offer at an higher price, but if you're not in hurry you set a decent price and wait for someone that sell it to this price.

This is how Eve Online works, cause it's also how real world works. Offer AND demand is mandatory to a successfull market place.

TL;DR :

Only offer → price rise

Only demand → price drop
Demand and Offer → Market equilibration on rarity, or difficulty to product.

Edited by Taosangel

I wonder, what is DE's ''best interest''? Making profit or making players happy...But in reality the second one will benefit the first.

Make it so prime parts are not permanent, what that means is... lets say in 1 month time at the end of the month you will need a full set of a PRIME(be it frame or weapon), if you have the set for it, the set is consumed and you can keep using the PRIME for a whole month untill the next full set requirement. If you dont have a PRIME set the item will simply be unavailable(unavailable =/= destroyed) untill you get a full set for the item(frame or weapon), and when you get the full set, the item will become available again for 1 month.

Making profit = more content = more happy players. Works both ways.

As for your idea, I really don't want to have to refarm Ash P parts every month just because I like to take him out for a spin every once in a while. Way too time consuming, I would never do that. I'd just stick to the non-prime variants and get the prime sets once for mastery fodder.

[french user, sorry for my english]

I am agree that we need an auction house, but we must have Offer AND Demand.

If you work with an Offer system price will rise rise rise... Nothing is controling price cause no one can edict the price he is agree to pay for an item.

Anyone can buy every item and make a trust on the product to refill the market with a few bunch that make it appears rare. This is the problem in most MMORPG with a Offer only AH.

If you can opposite an Demand on an item you keep a trace of the real price of item.

Taking an example : 

- High Voltage : Someone that haven't play this weekend can't be aware of the drop rate of Undermine project. If we concentrate on Offer, someone that want to sell it 100 pl can. Cause each time an offer with less price come, he can buy it, an maintain the price to 100pl, if someone sell it under I buy, I stock High voltage limitless, and sell a few to 100 pl.

If the demand can be set : the same someone not aware of drop rate, go on market and see a lot of 10pl demand will understand that something change recently for the price drop. And the person who want to take a control on market can't obliterate the real price cause demand is realist. Of course there will be some people who will try to scam with a very low price on rare mod, but some serious demand will cover this and a true price will rise from the demand, if you're not aggree with the price demand you can try to sell it much expensive, but you will have to wait. If you want to get a mod now, you take an offer at an higher price, but if you're not in hurry you set a decent price and wait for someone that sell it to this price.

This is how Eve Online works, cause it's also how real world works. Offer AND demand is mandatory to a successfull market place.

TL;DR :

Only offer → price rise

Only demand → price drop

Demand and Offer → Market equilibration on rarity, or difficulty to product.

I see what you mean by the prices rising, but if someone sells it really high price, there wouldn't be people buying it instantly. It would be the same as people in trade chat trying to sell it at a high price. If there was an Auction House, players can see that there is an item that is high price, and the same item for a lot less.