Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Man's Sky Getting More And More Optimized

-Mandachordian-Tenno-

It amazes me how people can still compare this game to other games and say it's copying something.

Even if they released it now, as-is, it'd be a success. It's always nice to see something experimental too.

I just hope I have something that can run it by the time it comes out.

There is already a game (somewhat) like No Mans Sky called Space Engine. It is based off our own universe with real galaxies, star systems, and planets but there is no life. It stays true to the estimated size of the observable universe, 13 gigaparsecs.

If you're itching for a taste of No Mans Sky, I highly recommend it.

Edited by Gammaion

NO ONE IS TAKING MY SOLAR SYSTEM AWAY FROM ME.

assuming there are a million players in the world,

and there are about 18 quintillion (quintillion being 1 followed by 30  zeros)

The calculator says there is on average  about 1.8 septillion, 18 followed by 24 zeroes for each player in the world to discover.

I may be wrong tho since i'm crap at math,

My point being, there is no need to be upset.

There's plenty of planets, and star systems to go around for everyone in the universe.

Really looking forward to this. Hope it does well simply based on the thought of other game studios trying out differing versions and styles using such a massive open sandbox.

Could you imagine Warframe getting an open solar system with an actual Jupiter sized Jupiter to fly around? Or Starcraft with open worlds and so on and so on.