Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember That Clem Will Probably Die Soon!

aeonicstudios

As stated about the grineer and how cloning works, the usual maximum life for any clone is about 3 years if I remember correctly. Clem is by all means a defective clone in several ways, so I have no doubts that clone cancer is coming for our grakata-wielding friend soon. Very soon.

Idunno, Vay Hek and several other Grineer seem to live long lives.

Also it's a game.

I thought they were of some form of halfway nobility, having a longer life span? At least that's what I assumed.

Or maybe, the "defective" stuff in him makes him live longer than 3 years. Even if he dies, Clem's desire to dakka with his beloved Twin Grakatas will overpower death itself, making him continue to live on willpower alone. :3

You're saying that the cure for clone cancer is more grakata? I like the way you think!

What if clem is actually a perfect clone and all the other grineer are defective?

Let's not forget he's the only teammate that will warn you of more difficult enemies such as elements of the G3 or the corpus boss that you find in sabotage.

You guys noticed that right? that at the 5 min mark clem will say "clem" to warn you of the enemy that is about to appear.

Can a defective clone sense the presence of such enemies? no........he is beyond our compreension.

maybe there is a kind of "antidote", which significantly slows the disease of grineer,and perhaps, it is in the hands of high-ranking grineer(like vay hek)that's why,they live so long

mmmm,a future quest,where you have to get this "antidote" to save the life of clem(like the old quest,where you had to help alad V)....

anyway..........CLEM IS IMMORTAL! PRAISE THE SU.....coff coff.....GRAKATA

As stated about the grineer and how cloning works, the usual maximum life for any clone is about 3 years if I remember correctly. Clem is by all means a defective clone in several ways, so I have no doubts that clone cancer is coming for our grakata-wielding friend soon. Very soon.

Well if you don't know that already, Clem cannot die, in fact, he was here a long, long time ago:

tumblr_mxv6tuA5gb1sbm2rpo1_r2_1280.png

Considering Steel Meridian is half compoised of Grineer desertors there is a good chance either the Grinner or Steel meridian found a way to extend the lifespan of clones. Or maybe special clones, which are born from time to time and end up either as deserters or high ranked grineer, live longer due to the same mutations that make them more intelligent or skilled. And in case you dare to question Clem's intelligence just because of his limited language, he clearly is smarter than the average clone, he took part in many successful missions before being captured by the G3, and he modified his Grakatas without any help.

Pretty sure Grineer have some DNA stabilizers they can use, just like the Kubrows. It's probably expensive but at least it helps them live longer.

Probably not nearly as long as our Kubrows will be able to, as their Cloning Decay Syndrome seems to have hit them REALLY hard - most likely due to the fact it's been centuries of cloning with bad equipment for them, and humans (if I'm not mistaken) are more genetically complex than dogs. Grineer definitely have their own variation of this for treatment, but it's probably not nearly as effective for them (for the same reasons).

All in all, Clem might be young for a Grineer, attested to by his short size? And that gives him a while, not to mention Grineer are able to extensively prolong their lifespans through continual augmentation and replacement of their dying bodies - because keep in mins THAT's the big problem for them and what ultimately kills them, their limbs and organs just start to rot and die - with mechanical bits. So, Clem will last a while longer, but if he's the SAME Clem within a few years MAY be an unknown.

But, yes, eventually, very soon in comparison to our other contacts, Clem WILL die.

Probably not nearly as long as our Kubrows will be able to, as their Cloning Decay Syndrome seems to have hit them REALLY hard - most likely due to the fact it's been centuries of cloning with bad equipment for them, and humans (if I'm not mistaken) are more genetically complex than dogs. Grineer definitely have their own variation of this for treatment, but it's probably not nearly as effective for them (for the same reasons).

All in all, Clem might be young for a Grineer, attested to by his short size? And that gives him a while, not to mention Grineer are able to extensively prolong their lifespans through continual augmentation and replacement of their dying bodies - because keep in mins THAT's the big problem for them and what ultimately kills them, their limbs and organs just start to rot and die - with mechanical bits. So, Clem will last a while longer, but if he's the SAME Clem within a few years MAY be an unknown.

But, yes, eventually, very soon in comparison to our other contacts, Clem WILL die.

Much likelly Clem will look the same to us on the outside by the end of his life, but maybe his whole body will be a patchwork with only the head being organic, like Vay Hek. Still there are many possibiliies of how he could extend his life, so maybe he will live 20 years in stead of 3.

Much likelly Clem will look the same to us on the outside by the end of his life, but maybe his whole body will be a patchwork with only the head being organic, like Vay Hek. Still there are many possibiliies of how he could extend his life, so maybe he will live 20 years in stead of 3.

Where is that "three years" thing being pulled from, anyway? Does it have an in-game reference or is it just speculation?

Morec0, it's in one of the ask a cephalons. don't remember which one though.

Best I can find is "Grineer clones do not have extensive lifespans, and have a life cycle that is limited to only a few years." Three sounds like a few, but it's definitely not a set-in-stone number. Thanks for the reference... Hopefully I wont forget it again XD

Is the three-year lifespan purely biological, or does it take deaths in battle into account? Also, it's possible that they're simply... "recycled" when they're no longer at peak physical ability, something which Clem doesn't have to worry about anymore.

Is the three-year lifespan purely biological, or does it take deaths in battle into account? Also, it's possible that they're simply... "recycled" when they're no longer at peak physical ability, something which Clem doesn't have to worry about anymore.

The term "life cycle" is used, and that usually implies biology.

While that is certainly the case for Grineer who simply CAN'T fight anymore no matter how many augmentations are put into them, the fact "old man" Vor and Vay Hek are able to go about their business despite their obvious augmentations and implied age kinda kills the "peak ability" theory, at least in my eyes.