Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ive Been Reading The Guides Of The Lotus Thread So Here Is A Suggestion

blackflashcannon

Ive noticed that many Tenno are right in how beginning players are treated. They dont know what all the different graphics will mean, so they go to region chat to ask for help.

(This all happened to my friend i got interested in Warframe)

Not too long as he posted, he was greeted with 3 different trolls, bashing him because he was new and inexperienced.

So, in order to avoid this, one of our fellow Tenno had suggested adding a Guide. Chat on the Guide of the Lotus Thread.

Edited by blackflashcannon

Here is his official message, i highly recommend upvoting him.

It seems less so you are finding arguments against the system and more so you do not understand it in your personal perspective.That's totally fine. The Guides are not for everyone, nor will everyone need these guides.Who does need these guides are those MR0 players, just starting out, and becoming shunned in chat for asking simple questions and receiving troll-like responses. I see it everyday, living the system, as a mod and a guide.It's incredibly frustrating for these players. Sure, they may get the oddball reply that answers their question, or, even better yet, they get recruited into a helpful group of people.This isn't the case for everybody, not even close. The majority may ask in the chat for several minutes, hours even, and receive no sort of reply.A Guide is a player dedicated to these individuals. A Guide is someone that you know you can contact, without fear of shunning, and get an accurate and helpful response.The Guides are not here for glory. They're here to help that player who's straggling behind, and keep the chats in-line. They're ComMods, but for the game, and not the forums. It's order in chaos where a new player has no idea what of the 4 different responses they receive is the correct one.If you find no point in the system, that's totally fine. You have no obligation to participate in any form. If you're helping players outside the program, all the power to you.The Guide program is designed in a two-stage system. Senior Guides, basically those proven to be of top Tenno quality, and Junior Guides, those to be in observation and training, if you will.Should you be only in it for the sigil, and completely disregard any sort of rules, and deny to help players entirely, I'd expect a quick boot.Other methods of identifying Guides had been suggested and discussed over the past few months, though it has come to the conclusion those sort of things that were discussed are not feasible. Purple text did find its way in there, however, and that at least gives players a proven identifier.I find the [Guide] tag to personally be the best suggestion, though this hasn't yet become any sort of option. Like the DC always says, quality of posts are the most important aspect. If you have 9000 posts, but they mostly consist of a couple word responses in as many threads as possible, a player with 500 posts and extensive discussion and help given would be given a lot more attention.Your knowledge display could be anywhere! I know of several people who don't post too often on the forums, but they're chat gods, directing others to the right places, and giving good advice.I suppose it becomes harder to be noticed simply due to timezones, and the like, but don't think your influence is restricted to the forums.

I still think that a new Player after completing the Tutorial should get a msg from the Lotus telling him about the GotL program and where he/she can find one of the Gotl or how to contact them. Right now most new players propably don't even know that something like the GotL program exist unless they get in contact with one of the GotL by Luck (or accident) or a Veteran Player tells them about it.

But yeah a seperated Chatchannel would be good too.

Edited by Evers

Custom channels are coming. Does someone know if a custom, global channel for GOTL can be made, or would it be nessecary for DE to make it?

Also, I have been saying this for awhile, and if some of it has happened I'm sorry, but the FAQ needs to be updated and linked at the top of the forums.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

EVE Online, when you start a fresh account, automatically opens a chat tab called "Rookie Help".

This tab stops opening automatically after 30 days, but can be joined manually after that, and trolls are kicked rather fast by the moderators assigned there.

That's probably all that would be needed.

While i'm no Guide, i'd say that a 'Guide' or 'Help' channel reserved for MR0 - 4 players and Guides are pretty sensible to have. It certainly offers more efficiency to the Guides' daily work basis and also helps the new players get what they need in a quick manner.

Let's see what DE would do for the new players and Guides alike when Chat 2.0 hits the servers. Hopefully they add more features that eases the work the Guides have to cope up with at the time being.

This is also a great suggestion:

EVE Online, when you start a fresh account, automatically opens a chat tab called "Rookie Help".

This tab stops opening automatically after 30 days, but can be joined manually after that, and trolls are kicked rather fast by the moderators assigned there.

That's probably all that would be needed.