Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas... Please Stop.

Fluxxxuate

i see an ember, but no atlas ...you seem to be alone, or you do not display squad info

Look at his map, there's at least two other players with him. The atlas is probably using petrify, which creates a massive, glowing, screen obstructing mess everywhere.

I don't know if adjusting bloom will help with that, I've yet to acquire Atlas myself.

Maybe turn your bloom off?

i see an ember, but no atlas ...you seem to be alone, or you do not display squad info

as said above, turn off the bloom

having to turn off bloom because of a couple of special effects being bad is the same as saying why not buff all the frames so they can be on par with this weeks OP frame its just a bad mind set to have. you should never have to give up graphics you like because one has too much lighting

having to turn off bloom because of a couple of special effects being bad is the same as saying why not buff all the frames so they can be on par with this weeks OP frame its just a bad mind set to have. you should never have to give up graphics you like because one has too much lighting

That's a bit extreme there.

i must agree with you

but as my eyes are being rapped by the bloom effect whenever an ability is casted, i turned it off the day i started to play this game

...it's not a matter of settings, it's a matter of taste, and comfort

although i agree that some require tweaks

Bloom is generally awful, even when choosing still frames from your arsenal, its existence, and even worse, why someone would use it, are beyond me.

But I agree with the philosophical value of your arugment

They could actually reduce the effect on squad mates, keeping it as flashy for the player, would that help?

This ^ 

Look at his map, there's at least two other players with him. The atlas is probably using petrify, which creates a massive, glowing, screen obstructing mess everywhere.

I don't know if adjusting bloom will help with that, I've yet to acquire Atlas myself.

^ This. My bloom is already off though. :< 

So you are the undercover operative who suggest all these graphcal nerfs on PC because of some fabricated or exaggerated issue.

Things damn near look like having chlorine smeared in my eyes if I dont have my glasses. If I can do fine with the petrify effect in my line of sight, then I'd say it is maneageable enough. You remind me of some indibiduals I see in relay whining about lighting and particle effect blinding them while having been on Warfeame for over 12 straight hours like they are getting paid to be on.

Edited by UrielColtan

No, its called detoxing from console limitation brainwashing.

Bloom is generally awful, even when choosing still frames from your arsenal, its existence, and even worse, why someone would use it, are beyond me.

But, but bloom though;  Spoiler tagged to preserve the eyes of the unprepared.  Look at your own risk, you have been warned.

This isn't edited in any way mind you.  This is exactly what my Opticor looks like when it's in the sunlight.  So amazing...

ZggOwUN.png?1

Anyone else smell burning eyeballs?

Anyways silliness aside on this stuff, it'd be interesting if there were a way to have a "dulled" graphical setting which would turn down these sorts of things for folks who dislike them.  As for Atlas' Petrify for instance, I'm not even moderately bothered by it but I can entirely understand why some folks would be.

I'd prefer not seeing these varied effects flat out removed in their entirety.  But having more options for folks to fiddle with so things look to their liking is always nice.  At the end of the day everyone's gonna have preferences regarding visual aesthetics and the like.

As for that gloriously majestic image in the spoiler tags above.  Maybe my eyes wronged me in a past life and I'm now exacting slow but ever so sweet revenge on them.  That's about the best explanation I've got.

Edited by Bobtm

In terms of thematics I honestly do not understand how this effect translates into petrifying things.  It is like he is emitting this radar blast of energy that radiates from him in some kind of cone.   I don't use it much mostly because the range is so small to be effective in anything other than goofing off.  I think it would be a better aesthetic for those enemies it affects to glow (however brightly bloom or not) as if he were affecting them directly rather than merely being in proximity to this radar dish of light having an effect on them.

But that's just me, opinions and all that.