Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Confirms On Twitter, Ash's Blade Storm Getting Interactive Rework.

Hypernaut1

How is Bladestorm becoming a stance ulti?

Hysteria isnt a Stance, if thats what You are implying? What other abilities are as follows Stance wise?

WoF is Toggle Drain now and isnt a Stance either and has Toggle Drain.

Now that You say Stance Ulti why not? Hysteria should have a Mod with Combos like Exalted Blade. Im Humble Opinion i think Exalted Blade is Fantastic although it is abit OP i dont find it bother some it makes me feel like im in some cool space ninja anime xD

Btw why doesnt Slash attacks have this effect?

trace-cut-effect.gif?w=595

This could be added to Ashs BS effects when He strikes enemies, Not exactly a Blade wave but a Slash effect upon strikes. 

A nice effect and gore for visual eye candy. +1

I mean stance as in a stance mod, literally exactly what Hysteria and Exalted Blade are  (yes, Hysteria is a stance) and exactly what I don't want Blade Storm to become. I don't know where you're getting the idea of me saying that drain abilities are stances in any way.

Again, I'm really hoping DE does not listen to much of the community regarding the state of Blade Storm. It needs to be partially interactive without being yet another stance because Valkyr, Excalibur, and Wukong are enough for now. I honestly wish for a vast Blade Storm rework that is something completely new, I don't even care if it takes a whole year to implement.

Edited by LazerSkink

I agree with Lazer to be honest. I'm all for a new pass on Bladestorm which, let's be clear, has its own bag of problems, and not a small one at that.

But it needs to be done very carefully least it destroys the almighty cool idea behind Bladestorm's concept.

And most of the community-based ideas are quite frankly terrible - i know i'm lumping too many things together but please bear with me, it's just for the sake of discussion - because they suffer from player bias and because Bladestorm it's mighty hard a concept to work with and to improve upon without risking to radically hange its core concept.

I'm personally waiting on DE with a pretty decent amount of good faith considering the last few reworks were pretty darn good (Excalibur, Frost, Valkyr, and the balance pass at Atlas to be precise). Let's see how it pans out.

I mean stance as in a stance mod, literally exactly what Hysteria and Exalted Blade are  (yes, Hysteria is a stance) and exactly what I don't want Blade Storm to become. I don't know where you're getting the idea of me saying that drain abilities are stances in any way.

Again, I'm really hoping DE does not listen to much of the community regarding the state of Blade Storm. It needs to be partially interactive without being yet another stance. I honestly wish for a vast Blade Storm rework that is something completely new, I don't even care if it takes a whole year to implement.

Idk where You get the fatc Hysteria is a Stance? Show a Link or Picture of the stance.

Btw did you not hear Rebecca on NYCC? She said "LIKE EXALTED BLADE" I am simply contributing what the Lotus's Great ideas say.

Dont be a bad Tenno and disapprove the Lotus' commands She will guide us to Victory! 

51:26 they talk about Bladestorm and Rebecca gives a hint LIKE EXALTED BLADE

See for Yourself ^^^

Idk where You get the fatc Hysteria is a Stance? Show a Link or Picture of the stance.

Are you not aware of the fact Hysteria was the first stance ult while Exalted Blade followed?

Here's your proof.

ct3SuVK.jpg

The literal wiki article displaying the combos of the stance: http://goo.gl/3MvCpn

3e433e1330adfb273a131c3510b359c7.png

Edited by LazerSkink

Bladestorm looks cool and badass and stuff but the problems of this ability are :

- Too powerful, it's finisher damage and the numbers are pretty high

- Not interactive, you just press 4 and everybody is dead in a large area (gg big gameplay)

- Can be moded to be infinitely spammable

I want to see a rework of this ability, and i'm glad it's on the way.

Don't ever call for a nerf.

For one, not only is it limited by range but it has a hard cap of how many targets it can hit. Bladestorm is one of the few abilities that scales up to enemies really well. Other abilities should be more like Bladestorm, not the other way around, because otherwise what we're going to have is an entire arsenal of completely useless abilities that can't kill anything. Bladestorm stops being a one-hit-wonder about the same time that high-damage weapons start taking more hits to kill each enemy, it's really not that OP.

Are you not aware of the fact Hysteria was the first stance ult while Exalted Blade followed?

Here's your proof.

ct3SuVK.jpg

The literal wiki article displaying the combos of the stance: http://goo.gl/3MvCpn

3e433e1330adfb273a131c3510b359c7.png

frases-que-dan-panico-6.gif

Oooh! xD Well why not a Stance Bladestorm? Its pretty unique and falls in the similar category as EB and Hysteria. Btw whats the 3rd Stance Ulti?

Does it have a Stance mod too?

Edited by AKKILLA

Don't ever call for a nerf.

I didn't call for a nerf but a rework.

Limited by range ?

Maximized power range:  increases the cast range to 117.5 meters and the attack radius to 58.75 meters.

Hard cap of targets ? who care, the ability doesn't take power duration and therefore cost only 25 energy. Who care about hitting only 18 targets (wow, "only") when you can press 4 again.

frases-que-dan-panico-6.gif

Oooh! xD Well why not a Stance Bladestorm? Its pretty unique and falls in the similar category as EB and Hysteria. Btw whats the 3rd Stance Ulti?

Does it have a Stance mod too?

No, I have been saying this entire time that Blade Storm should NOT get this treatment. It needs to remain unique, making it another stance takes away its individuality. Like I said, I personally want the rework to be dedicated and something fresh, but I sincerely doubt that will happen. While being new, it's probably going to end up as a trash tier, gimmicky damage dealing ult.

As for the third stance ult, I am referring to Wukong's. Valkyr has her claws, Excalibur has his sword, Wukong has his staff. If you are unaware of what I speak of, refer yourself to Devstream 60. Sheldon displays his abilities, but primarily his ult and its unique combos.

Though unlike Hysteria and Exalted Blade, Wukong's staff changes both shape and size with each combo. Out of all three stance ults, this one is clearly the most standout.

Edited by LazerSkink

No, I have been saying this entire time that Blade Storm should NOT get this treatment. It needs to remain unique, making it another stance takes away its individuality. Like I said, I personally want the rework to be dedicated and something fresh, but I sincerely doubt that will happen. While being new, it's probably going to end up as a trash tier, gimmicky damage dealing ult.

As for the third stance ult, I am referring to Wukong's. Valkyr has her claws, Excalibur has his sword, Wukong has his staff. If you are unaware of what I speak of, refer yourself to Devstream 60. Sheldon displays his abilities, but primarily his ult and its unique combos.

Though unlike Hysteria and Exalted Blade, Wukong's staff changes both shape and size with each combo. Out of all three stance ults, this one is clearly the most standout.

Soo why cant a Bladestorm Stance Ulti not be unique in its sense and also a great idea? I can guarantee if DE was to display something like this everyone would like it. Without a proper image You cant agree ofcoarse because it seems unimaginable to picture in just words.

Ash and his Bladestorm fit the Stance Ulti description as [DE] Rebecca mentioned in the video Exalted Blade style is the new Meta and fits well keeping things fresh and being able to cance the ulti mode.

I honestly think all Frames should have these type of Ultis but im sure the world will rant on Me for this.

Still I picture Frost becoming a Snow Man that summons Avalanch and Glaciers down on enemies.

Ember could become a Phoenix and shower enemies with Magma Lava and cause eruptions

Seems like a cool thing for Ultimates but difficult to imply to all frames

The problem with those stance based ultimates is that with a little bit of setup you tend to wonder why you even carry those weapons on your back. I clearly don't want to see the Ash behaving the same way as the Excal or the Valkyr, the choice of weapons and gunplay need to matter.

Edited by MrForz

Soo why cant a Bladestorm Stance Ulti not be unique in its sense and also a great idea? I can guarantee if DE was to display something like this everyone would like it. Without a proper image You cant agree ofcoarse because it seems unimaginable to picture in just words.

Ash and his Bladestorm fit the Stance Ulti description as [DE] Rebecca mentioned in the video Exalted Blade style is the new Meta and fits well keeping things fresh and being able to cance the ulti mode.

I honestly think all Frames should have these type of Ultis but im sure the world will rant on Me for this.

Still I picture Frost becoming a Snow Man that summons Avalanch and Glaciers down on enemies.

Ember could become a Phoenix and shower enemies with Magma Lava and cause eruptions

Seems like a cool thing for Ultimates but difficult to imply to all frames

Did you even pay attention to what Steve said after Rebecca or did you just close the video from there? Their idea was not to turn it into another redundant stance which you so desire, Steve said the idea was that you point and click where the clones will attack next. This is exactly what this whole thread is based off of.

I see this going one way of a very limited set of options. The ability I still believe is likely to be destroyed, though quote honestly, I'll take the current state of it over another stance any day.

Edited by LazerSkink

The problem with those stance based ultimates is that with a little bit of setup you tend to wonder why you even carry those weapons on your back. I clearly don't want to see the Ash behaving the same way as the Excal or the Valkyr, the choice of weapons and gunplay need to matter.

I've never encountered this issue when playing as Excal. That may be your personal experiences with Stance based Ultimates, but that issue you speak of in itself is not specific to such ultimates. However, it seems like DE is going in a different direction anyway, although I wouldn't be opposed to a stance ult for Ash hypothetically. There is a lot of fun things DE could do with Assasin's Creed style blades, teleportation, clones, smoke and invisibility. Alas, I'm pretty excited to see what DE comes up with, by making BS more interactive.

Did you even pay attention to what Steve said after Rebecca or did you just close the video from there? Their idea was not to turn it into another redundant stance which you so desire, Steve said the idea was that you point and click where the clones will attack next. This is exactly what this whole thread is based off of.

I see this going one way of a very limited set of options. The ability I still believe is likely to be destroyed, though quote honestly, I'll take the current state of it over another stance any day.

You should just stop being soo closed minded.

I understand Your fear for DE possibly ruining Ash with the Unknown upcoming Bladestorm mechanic but You should be positive and faithful in the community.

Some of us have great creative ideas and they shouldnt be bypassed. This is why we get redundant augments.

Abilities being similar isnt bad if the dont hinder you from playing and getting the job done efficiently.

A Ulti Stance Bladestorm would be creative if You keep its base damage and stats just apply Melee weapons for scaling.

Keep Your Clones, Free Teleports, Smoke Screen, and Shuriken can be casted in Bladestorm mode giving him a Full Kit to Play with Inside his Ulti along with Combos.

-I would possibly add Movement speed increase Finisher Kill speed increase Invincibility on Attacks Only in BS

-Invisibility while not attacking but you still recieve damage in BS

-Shuriken cast throws 6 (2 each per Ash/Clones)

-Smoke Screen cast cloud stays up for a duration and chokes enemies for finishers

-Teleport can be casted without aiming and has shorter range to increase BS Mobility

Toggle Bladestorm is important when Your the one carrying in a Tower Defense. You feel like Your winning getting Kills in ENDLESS Bladestorms and 

6oWKIUm.jpg

Shotouts to these peeps in this Oldschool game :D

You should just stop being soo closed minded.

I understand Your fear for DE possibly ruining Ash with the Unknown upcoming Bladestorm mechanic but You should be positive and faithful in the community.

Some of us have great creative ideas and they shouldnt be bypassed. This is why we get redundant augments.

Abilities being similar isnt bad if the dont hinder you from playing and getting the job done efficiently.

A Ulti Stance Bladestorm would be creative if You keep its base damage and stats just apply Melee weapons for scaling.

Keep Your Clones, Free Teleports, Smoke Screen, and Shuriken can be casted in Bladestorm mode giving him a Full Kit to Play with Inside his Ulti along with Combos.

-I would possibly add Movement speed increase Finisher Kill speed increase Invincibility on Attacks Only in BS

-Invisibility while not attacking but you still recieve damage in BS

-Shuriken cast throws 6 (2 each per Ash/Clones)

-Smoke Screen cast cloud stays up for a duration and chokes enemies for finishers

-Teleport can be casted without aiming and has shorter range to increase BS Mobility

Toggle Bladestorm is important when Your the one carrying in a Tower Defense. You feel like Your winning getting Kills in ENDLESS Bladestorms and 

6oWKIUm.jpg

Shotouts to these peeps in this Oldschool game :D

Looks perfect for a new frame, Maybe call it charcoal.

Ash is fine as it is, id prefer some different camera angles but other than that he is fine. Some of us pour in time and resource into a frame/game and enjoy it. Only to have folks who want to constantly move the goalpost and change things up. Effectively folks are stating hey I have a great way to undo what you enjoy about the thing you have spent countless hours building and playing. Easy fix create a frame with the desired results you want, leave this one alone however.

@Hypernaut1 You may not appreciate our Bladestorm concept or idea but as an Ash fan maybe You should check out My Smoke Shadow thread, hopefully You could appreciate this idea and maybe agree it help Ash in Coop play.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/552381-smoke-shadow/

This may bring Ash closer to Team Play instead of being considered a Solo Frame, Smoke Shadow isnt a Solo Mod to begin with soo lets start here

Edited by AKKILLA

That's what I "guess" how Blade Storm will be changed by DE:

You still need LoS for the main target to activate.

You vanish and become invulnerable at your initial position.

Ash creates 3 clones to attack enemies around the main target, you still use your original camera.

Clones use Improved killing animations.

You can move the camera simply by moving the mouse, but it will not keep popping.

When finished, you represent at your initial position.

Technically it makes the minimum change of its original concept but solves the camera issue.

No buff or nerf basically.

However, you can NOT pick up loots by carrier during blade storm this way since you are replaced by another clone.

P.S.

TBH I don't want another toggle change or a stance ultimate, but maybe it's just me.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Ash creates 3 clones to attack enemies around the main target, you still use your original camera.

You can move the camera simply by moving the mouse, but it will not keep popping.

Technically it makes the minimum change of its original concept but solves the camera issue.

However, you can NOT pick up loots by carrier during blade storm this way since you are replaced by another clone.

P.S.

TBH I don't want another toggle change or a stance ultimate, but maybe it's just me.

this would be decent. they could also do something like "hold 4, to keep camera stationary" and press 4 again to stop BS at any time.

These two things could help a lot with camera issues.

One other change i wouldnt mind is if they gave you a quick prompt during each attack to force equipped melee finishers for added damage at the cost of longer finisher animation time and maybe less targets (each melee finisher = 2 wrist blade attacks).

That can help make BS more interactive and involve some player choice during the execution- without destroying the core concept.

Edited by Hypernaut1

this would be decent. they could also do something like "hold 4, to keep camera stationary" and press 4 again to stop BS at any time.

These two things could help a lot with camera issues.

One other change i wouldnt mind is if they gave you a quick prompt during each attack to force equipped melee finishers for added damage at the cost of longer finisher animation time and maybe less targets (each melee finisher = 2 wrist blade attacks).

That can help make BS more interactive and involve some player choice during the execution- without destroying the core concept.

Alternatively, if we just hold the camera at the starting position so that carrier still follow you during the animation.

You can control the camera though.

Of course we want improved attack animation.

Then it does no change for but improves the camera. :p

P.S.

This doesn't sound particularly more "interactive" to me which is the improvement they said they were going for, but I could be wrong. Ash's ult is certainly playable as it is even if it's not very involved so I'd be fine with this minor change. Still don't like the clones though, no reason you can't dash around like Altas or Excal do, would be even better if you got to have a much much longer range as it's a 4 ability instead of 1 like the others. I am hopeing they add something like a stun or a post action invisibility/invincibility period so that it really feels like an ultimate, but we'll have to see. 

This doesn't sound particularly more "interactive" to me which is the improvement they said they were going for, but I could be wrong. Ash's ult is certainly playable as it is even if it's not very involved so I'd be fine with this minor change. Still don't like the clones though, no reason you can't dash around like Altas or Excal do, would be even better if you got to have a much much longer range as it's a 4 ability instead of 1 like the others. I am hopeing they add something like a stun or a post action invisibility/invincibility period so that it really feels like an ultimate, but we'll have to see. 

You call Yourself a Ash fan and dont like Shadow Clones?!

han-confu.gif

Everyone still assumes NARUTO created Shadow Clones. Ninjas have summoned Clones before You picked up a control.

Why would every other Frame have a Clone ability and the True Manifestation of a Shinobi in Warframe not?!

To each his own I guess, but please dont take away My clones they are My friends :(