Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime Or Volt Prime ?

General_Legend

Question

21 answers to this question

Why only want one Prime? Anyway, Ember is currently not-farmable, while Volt is farmable, so from that alone I'd say Volt.

Forgot shes out but i Have her Chassis and helm and was going to buy her BP and systems , And only one because i have 5 other frames wither not ranked to max or forma-ed and need ranking so i just dont want a bunch of low to medium level warframes and i only have one more slot but will buy more if necessary , GL

Just Wondering im looking for a new warframe to use and really liked normal ember and volt but only want one primed which one is better for just overall utility and game play in other words all well rounded, Ember P or Volt P?? I would love some opinions on them . Thanks GL

the more well rounded would be volt

shields to protect yourself, objectives, team mates

speed to escape, turn into a melee tornado, or just rush

shock to stun guys that need stunning

and overcharge to kill youself with the horrible damage and casting speed (don't bother with volts 4)

hes also going to be getting a buff/rework later on aswell (see overcharge)

embers actualy ok after her recent buffs, but shes more of a caster/spammer frame

volt vs volt prime

volt prime gets an extra 85 armor and 100 extra energy vs normal volt

ember vs ember prime

25 more armor and shields vs ember

If what you want is overall utility then Volt is the better choice.

Ember excels at what she does, which is killing (infested most likely) but nothing else.

Volt on the other hand, can clean rooms, can defend critical points, can buff himself/allies with speed. He's really versatile.

I love Ember. I have used her since before she was uber-buffed and continue to use her. Ember excels at exterminate missions; her World on Fire ability is one of the most efficient ways to complete one. Even more so since duration has been removed from WOF and the ability can be used indefinitely. With high power strength she dishes out hardcore crowd control. However, you will likely pay in excess of 100 plat for her BP and system in trade.

Volt is very balanced frame with considerable defense and offense. His electric attacks have a lot of utility as they stun most enemies and is Speed ability is invaluable for team support. Volt excels at capture missions due to his speed and stun, but also has amazing crowd control with Overload and defense with his Shield. 

Volt is probably the most practical for a player that doesn't yet have all the frames and will also be the easier of the two to acquire.

Why Not Both? Ember Prime has Excellent Offensive Abilities with increased Shields. Volt Prime might Look a hot mess, like seriously, those knees and that helmet, but, he's the only frame in the game with the highest energy Pool [800 with Maxed Primed Flow] and he has Excellent Defense/Offensive Skills. Just Pick up Ember prime From a random in Trading For however much someone's charging, hopefully not too much. And just Grind for Volt Prime in the Void. And of course, if you don't know the Drop locations....Just check the Wiki. PRAISE THE WIKI!!!!! D:<

Well if you have ember prime just remember that she can no longer be farmed and will cost you a lot plat to buy again. Ember recently received several buffs and tweaking that made much better while Volt's ultimate is still useless and is being reworked. So if that doesn't convince you to sell your ember prime and keep volt prime nothing will. :p