Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Vs. Tokens (Vote!)

MyXmaN

Either 1 or 3.

2 will make feel more like a grind then it already does.

If you expect to get your stuff faster through the #2 system (on average) then ... lol

(ignorance is bliss. Think about it.)

Edited by Nightmuse

Definetly the third one, considering I needed over 150 jackal runs to get a rhino systems while I had 15 of every other rhino blueprint, I could really see the that adding something to the game, since 150 runs of the same boss is more annoyance than fun.

Edited by Corodix

Well I have the ability to make 6 Latron Primes and Frost Prime 10 times.  And cant make the thing I actually want, the Reaper Prime.

So yeah, RNG drops can go straight to hell.  I'm sick of running the void and the near genocidal amount of enemies I've had to kill and virtual miles ran.  I am so bitter about this random drop crap that if I ever do get the Reaper my opinion of the Void will only be a harshly negative one.  This is no longer fun to do, this is no longer or was it ever actually challenging to do.  All the void amounts to is a shameless money grab to sell keys and dangle random drops in front of players.

I dont want to seem like I'm dumping on Warframe either.  It's one of the best games I've played in a long time from an artistic and gameplay standpoint.

But running void as many times as I have, has run me ragged.  And the biggest problem of this is either farming for keys or running with people who have a lot of tier 3s from the compensation.

I exploited and ran a truckload of tier 1s, but I didn't get anything so I guess jokes on me.  But before and after the fix I ran them almost non stop and still don't have the one thing I wanted.

I would gladly fight harder enemies, run levels faster, equip blueprint finding mods and any other mechanic that doesnt exist to narrow the drop table to the items I want.

I'd vote for a merged system. So you can still drop random Control Modules from The Hyena... but in case of a very unlucky streak... you'll be also rewarded with a tokens that will allow you to purchuase Control Module after a few unlucky raids.

I think it's fair. If you can farm Hyena easly and efficiently... then you deserve this Control Module after some time invested, and RNG right now is just laughing at you and saying "Keep trying, poor unlucky looser."

Edited by Sideway

3; I want a merged system, but a one that keep the rng AND give a bonus token reward you can use to buy "things".
Or, more simply, really ... they could just fix their rng engine, and prioritize things differently dont they?

" Token? ONLY if it is implemented something like Vindictus NA HAD. Cutting down play time and / puting an Pay wall To play time per day - WE WANT THAT HERE NOW!!!!!!" <-totaly sarcasm and Should NOT be implemented in anygame, ever, again !

NO, from 3 BAD choises i Would  choose either 1 or 3. preferably None of those. What i would like is if the RNG would be affixed to Give specific loot Depending where you are, more so than what we currently have. Like kill Moa's in Pluto doesn't give same stuff that is droped in Venus and viceversa.

I'd like a merged system, I suppose. Potentially being able to convert currently useless items I get by the truckload into ones I can actually you know, use would be lovely.

Though, an actual, factual random system would be nice too: anyone who's done void missions understands what I mean. Whether before the "fix" to the drop rates and probably afterwards (for myself and fellow clan members anyway); even with Latron Prime receivers and Reaper blades supposedly being "common" in T3 missions, odds are you'll still end up with junk like Latron Prime BP's crapping all over your inventory.

Other people are reporting similar results; you don't see anyone griping about drowning in receivers and not being able to get the Latron Prime blueprint or being smothered by reaper blades and not having a handle to put them on. There comes a point where you have to realize that's NOT actually random, far from it.

Edited by Taranis49

Getting lucky is fun and rewarding, but being perpetually unlucky sucks. At the same time, I don't always like the idea of saying "I need to do this level 5 times until I can go do something else" because then it kind of feels like work. I think the token system should work as a sort of failsafe against extreme unluck, not totally supplant the RNG.

I think the boss should drop a token each time, regardless of whether he dropped anything else or not. Preferably one you wouldn't have to pick up. Because it would be a 100% drop, picking it up would just be a chore. Not to mention how drops occasionally fall through the floor for clients.

Edited by Inofor