Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor Question

Wrecked.

Question

12 answers to this question

Quoting myself from another thread:

- Split chamber ... actually doesn't have a direct effect on the weapon's damage. Unlike most weapons (where SC will make it shoot two projectiles instead of one), adding SC to the SSimulor will cause it to fire one projectile as usual, but it'll count as two projectiles when stacking orbs. This means that you can create singularities and achieve maximum base damage by just tapping M1 twice-- but that's about all it does.

... SC will allow new stacks to deal more damage than if you had an elemental instead; but damage from successive clicks will be a bit lower since the orb count will already have been maxed out with the first tick of damage.

If you like easy singularities and maximum initial-stack damage, then SC will work well. I personally use an elemental instead, though, since it has higher sustained damage and it's still perfectly reliable.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/543134-questions-for-those-who-use-synoid-simulor/

Saying that the orbs "merge upon firing" is slightly misleading, since it implies that the SSimulor follows the mechanics of regular guns with Split Chamber (i.e. firing two separate orbs at once that just happen to insta-merge upon contact with each other). If this were really the case, then tapping M1 would have a 90% chance of instantly creating an 11m-radius "merge pulse" AoE around yourself with every single shot, which obviously doesn't happen.

As most people above said, it basically just fires a completely normal orb. The only difference is that this orb with SC on has a 90% chance to count as two orbs upon merging with an existing stack-- meaning that tapping M1 twice is enough to produce a 4-stacked singularity, as opposed to having to tap M1 four times without SC.

It's not a bad mod by any means, since vortex ticks can be helpful at spreading procs within a small radius and the initial damage pulses will be slightly stronger than without SC (since it deals fully ramped-up base damage at pretty much all times). It does lower overall DPS compared to slotting in an elemental instead, however, since the pulses won't be getting any stronger as you fire more orbs into an existing stack.

Equipping it is optional. I personally stay away from it, but if it fits your playstyle nicely, then this is a good mod to have.

Edited by SortaRandom

Split Chamber works with any compatible weapon. In Simulor's case, the 2 orbs will launch already combined.

Considering the majority of the damage is caused by combining the projectiles near enemies, it is often not worth it to use Split Chamber. As extra incentive not to use the mod, the detonation of uncombined projectiles has a decently large blast radius with a forced Electric proc, giving Simulor some CC potential.

It just fires an automatically combined stage 2 orb... you are better off *not* using Split Chamber.

Split Chamber works with any compatible weapon. In Simulor's case, the 2 orbs will launch already combined.

Considering the majority of the damage is caused by combining the projectiles near enemies, it is often not worth it to use Split Chamber. As extra incentive not to use the mod, the detonation of uncombined projectiles has a decently large blast radius with a forced Electric proc, giving Simulor some CC potential.

dont now about you guys but Im using split chamber and I feel like doing more damage with it .

dont now about you guys but Im using split chamber and I feel like doing more damage with it .

Try testing it with and without, and watch the numbers. The times I've tried it with Split Chamber, there was no difference numerically between the two.

Split Chamber at Rank 5, has a 90% chance of firing extra 'bullet' at no cost... all the extra bonus bullet damage should be calculated as extra.

the damage count you get from installing the mod on your build, doesn't add the bonus damage to the count..this you'll always have to do yourself.

So only adding a rank 5 Split Chamber will almost certainly double (90%) the orbs you fired. 

Split Chamber at Rank 5, has a 90% chance of firing extra 'bullet' at no cost... all the extra bonus bullet damage should be calculated as extra.

the damage count you get from installing the mod on your build, doesn't add the bonus damage to the count..this you'll always have to do yourself.

So only adding a rank 5 Split Chamber will almost certainly double (90%) the orbs you fired. 

Doesn't work that way with this weapon. Since when the extra orb is fired is immediately stacked on top of another and combined as it is fired. Thereby not granting a damage pulse from the immediate combination and effectively robbing you of un-combined alt fire CC, a slot better used for something like heavy caliber, and realistically only stacks up to the vortex faster.

You really are better off using the slot for a different mod.

Better to replace it with Vile Acceleration. Due to the rather strange mechanics of the Simulor, Vile Acceleration accomplishes everything that Split Chamber can accomplish on this weapon, and more. 

The problem is that it increases the speed of the stack but it's not going to just flat out get you that extra damage like it would on most weapons. In my experiments removing Split Chamber and putting in Vile Acceleration was basically the best choice possible. It made the Simulor amazing before I had even put a second forma on it. 

I honestly recommend against using Split Chamber, try vile instead. 

2 Forma

-Serration
-Split Chamber For Extra Raw Damage [Or Terminal Velocity for Faster Projectile Speed]
-Heavy Caliber as the -55% Accuracy Doesn't Affect Beam based Weapons
-Rime Rounds/Malignant Force For Viral Damage
-Metal Auger for Punch Through [Great for those Large Crowds] Also, so the Projectiles wont bounce off the enemies and Fly somewhere else.

-Vital Sense For Critical Damage as it gets a very good Critical
-Hammershot for Extra Crit Damage.

Edited by (PS4)sanemane213