Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sari New Loka Syandana (Finished!)

_malaya_

IT'S UP!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546706911

gjQGLdC.png

jqBICaF.jpg

The exporter doesn't have the features I needed to make the cape like I wanted, If you wanna see the cape in its full animated goodness, check out my youtube teaser that I made from blender:

Previously...

Testing my cape texture:

Very far from finished, still feeling things out and seeing if I can add more greebly bits to this thing. Next step is to sculpt and texture it.

According to my trusted pal Google, Sari is the feminine word for waterfall in Sanskrit.

UPDATE:

Sculpting done! here's a picture of the lowpoly with the normal map and ambient occlusion:
EDIT: changed to matcap and sharpened the normals so the details are more visible

GnIIDyR.jpg

Not up to a professional level by any means, but I hope it's acceptable.

Update 2:
Finished the diffuse, roughness, metal and emissive maps. All that's left to do are the tint masks and the cape!
HkQoT2C.jpg

It's 7 AM in the morning and I need to sleep. I'll just leave this here:

SuMACN9.png

26/10/2015:

Couldn't do much today, I had to clean up a lot of nasty bits in my mask map. I've decided the stockarrow-10x10.png colours though!
dggVswu.png

27/10/2015

Can't do much today since I've got school. Made the "seeds" emit light with the emit maps. Also rotated a few edges that had wonky normals
LFXdD69.png
YZzHtuI.png

29/10 2015:

I've decided how the final material on the cape is gonna look. It's gonna be tinted with the lights, but with a little bluish tint that nobody might notice. Below I'm testing warped UV mapping (the ones on the left) to add a bit more flowy water effect. I'm kinda liking the flowy and non-flowy one without the transparency, but I can't say for sure without finishing my final pattern.

30/10/2015

Encountered a problem with the syandana shape. tried out cloth simulation and it pinches down the bottom when affected by gravity. I'm thinking about making the cape wider and pinning it to the edges of the base instead of having these dangly bits. I'll play around to try and find interesting ways to pin it.

I've also finished the cape pattern and I'm not liking it. i'm sticking to just having it plain, and making the cape stand on its own with a unique shape.

Watchoo tink bout fairy wings? For the cloth physics I'm thinking it could be really floaty like it was made of ultra light material

FmfxYxO.png

31/10/2015

I made a realtime PBR material in blender. It's gonna take some time to clean up, but I'm hoping to be able to share it with everybody soon. The wings were looking too much like another syandana so I'm trying to go for something a bit different.

2/11/2015

Almost there. I just need to work on the tint mask and it'll be ready for submission. I added a mosaic-like metalness map for a scale-like quality to the wings. It's hard to find a good use for Photoshop filters, but texturing certainly is one of the best uses for them.

xjqeQC8.jpg

I'm thinking it would be nice if the wings would spread during aim glide.

Lh4Bgbk.gif

Edited by MaaYuu
lets keep it warframe only buddy

Isn't Sari what Indian women wear?

As far as I'm aware, yeah. I had a choice of either sari, or jalaprapata, the second one doesn't roll on your tongue as nicely... 

I'm not sure what you did to offend the New Loka Syandana, but I'm glad that you're apologizing.

I made fun of them for liking Blitzball so much.

May i ask where you got the Saryn model? I oonly know of these: warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Also have you considered tapering the bottom of the cape? the shape is a little strange. Or maybe a layered shader to add another transparency mask to the bottom edge.

May i ask where you got the Saryn model? I oonly know of these: warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Also have you considered tapering the bottom of the cape? the shape is a little strange. Or maybe a layered shader to add another transparency mask to the bottom edge.

I got it from here: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/saryn-1785.html 

I'm assuming since it's linked to a ValveBiped that it was rigged for Source Filmmaker.

The bottom of the cape is kinda weird. I'm planning on experimenting with the cape once I'm done sculpting the high res model. I'm aiming for something that looks like the Phased Asa syandana.

What I have so far:

kw1pj53.jpg

I got it from here: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/saryn-1785.html 

I'm assuming since it's linked to a ValveBiped that it was rigged for Source Filmmaker.

The bottom of the cape is kinda weird. I'm planning on experimenting with the cape once I'm done sculpting the high res model. I'm aiming for something that looks like the Phased Asa syandana.

By any chance would you be willing to save that saryn mesh out as a .obj and upload it somewhere? I don't use Blender.

By any chance would you be willing to save that saryn mesh out as a .obj and upload it somewhere? I don't use Blender.

Here ya go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5IsJgVT8x5Z0NUWjJsNmRhQXc/view?usp=sharing

note, however that the tint and ambient occlusion are baked onto the diffuse map and only the diffuse and normal map is included, so you'll have to look somewhere else for the other textures.

Digging the Syandana, definitely excited that people are going for making unique and new syandanas rather than slightly altered originals. I Think its pretty awesome as it is. It's just a small detail, and it probably won't matter in the end, but that central piece in the shape of New Loka's emblem, would it be possible to make it a little longer? The logo seems kind of smushed, but regardless, the way things are looking I would buy this syandana day 1 when it comes out.

Digging the Syandana, definitely excited that people are going for making unique and new syandanas rather than slightly altered originals. I Think its pretty awesome as it is. It's just a small detail, and it probably won't matter in the end, but that central piece in the shape of New Loka's emblem, would it be possible to make it a little longer? The logo seems kind of smushed, but regardless, the way things are looking I would buy this syandana day 1 when it comes out.

Thanks! This was an idea I'd been playing with ever since the first Tennogen contest. I hope this comes out nicely gets approved, I'm looking forward to some New Loka sweg!

Yeah, it certainly looks squashed from the side since I made it to look perfect head on like this: 

K0n33xd.png

I'll have a go at adjusting the shape, but I'm betting it might throw the textures out of whack.

Thanks! This was an idea I'd been playing with ever since the first Tennogen contest. I hope this comes out nicely gets approved, I'm looking forward to some New Loka sweg!

Yeah, it certainly looks squashed from the side since I made it to look perfect head on like this: 

K0n33xd.png

I'll have a go at adjusting the shape, but I'm betting it might throw the textures out of whack.

Oh wow, yeah that is definitely much better. If it throws off the textures, the issue isn't necessarily big enough to force you to start over from that point. If it's just an issue of perspective, well, I'll be looking at it from a more head-on view most of the time anyways.

The syandana looks really awesome! I know where I'm spending my platinum.

Could you maybe try adding some subtle nature inspired patterns on the cape and see how it looks? I'm not telling you how to do your thing, just saying.

Also just an idea. You could try designing the bottom edge of the cape in patterns.

The syandana looks really awesome! I know where I'm spending my platinum.

Could you maybe try adding some subtle nature inspired patterns on the cape and see how it looks? I'm not telling you how to do your thing, just saying.

Also just an idea. You could try designing the bottom edge of the cape in patterns.

Great idea! I'm considering adding bright vine-like flourishes at the bottom of the cape, but I'm afraid of it being a bit too literal to the whole Loka = Nature theme. 

I'll have a go at making something nature-y and something a little more abstract and see where it goes.

Uh I may sound too demanding/needy but have you thought about adding dangly bits on both sides of the cape? Nothing extravagant, maybe 2-4 mettalic chain links. Or shorter versions of the cape on both sides. Maybe 25-30% of the original length. You can even go for asymmetry, but that's up to you.

I've got no idea how hard it is it sculpt and that's the reason I keep throwing ideas x,x sorry.