Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ignore Function And Its Abuse

Jigoogly

Fair enough, you are absolutely right but the ignore system should be at least temporary, temporary enough that you have forgotten you have ignored someone in the firstplace at the very least

I can cope with that. Remembering Alias is not the easiest fit. unless you are friends or the person was particularly terrible. So I'm with @Noamuth (those the @ works here?) on this one. a Temporary ignore for when you don't want to miss some ocasional plat (buhahahah capitalism), and a permanent for particular disgusting human beings.

I can cope with that. Remembering Alias is not the easiest fit. unless you are friends or the person was particularly terrible. So I'm with @Noamuth (those the @ works here?) on this one. a Temporary ignore for when you don't want to miss some ocasional plat (buhahahah capitalism), and a permanent for particular disgusting human beings.

@does nothing here.  Only reason I came back is because I saw you had posted while I was scrolling by. 

@does nothing here. Only reason I came back is because I saw you had posted while I was scrolling by.

Thanks. Gonna stop pretenting Im on twitter, than :P

What possible advantage is there in making ignores temporary?

Well, its really when it wasn't THAT much of an issue, to the point where you know both parties will forget it, just to prevent an hypothetical loss of a good trade. Like, you find a despicable person on a squad, that person is an &#!, you block her, but she might have an item you are interested in, so that she can still contact you or you contact her on the trade chat, after all is forgotten. It isn't THAT important, but it's useful.

Another case of *You should do things the way I do it* in a video game. I've plaeyed a lot of MMOs and actually know a guy who ignores everyone except for people he knows. As in friends, neighbors. Deal with it an move on. Why is it so insulting to you that some moron ignored you for something this ridiculous? Grow up. Grown ups move on.

Well, its really when it wasn't THAT much of an issue, to the point where you know both parties will forget it, just to prevent an hypothetical loss of a good trade. Like, you find a despicable person on a squad, that person is an !, you block her, but she might have an item you are interested in, so that she can still contact you or you contact her on the trade chat, after all is forgotten. It isn't THAT important, but it's useful.

If DE wants to implement personal tempbans, that's up to them. Personally, I don't see much use for them. When I ignore someone, I generally have a good reason for not wanting to hear from them again.

Honestly this guys have right in few things. But i will be specific
First there is region, trading, recruiting. (clan,aliance,squad i dont count because there is specific rules)
Region - mostly players talk about game but sometimes some kid want be "funny" and start spam. Well because he is in rage and i see nothing he go in ignore list. He wont be racist etc. he just did a kid mistake but lot of players will ignore him forewer because they dont know why ignore him (next day) but it must be importatnt and stay with that.
Recruiting - Same story, Some kid write "pllllls help i want this alert etc." and spam it. What happen? Igonore him but after one mission i forgot if i ignore someone. meh i see him in ignore list and think "he must did something horrible" and go on.
Trading - Story itself - Every one try ripoff every one. Yea that is work. But sometimes some players are extremly case and they deserve put in ignorig forever.

Well and that is the problem. One ignore for everything and that is problematic.
This is like same electric chair for killer and old grandma when she try cross the road on wrong place. But law is law burn them all. NOPE this is not a justice!
There should be 3 ignoring options:
1) 30 mins ignore - Ignored player can write you but message is not delivered to you, There is not notification about ignoring - Perfectly for spamers or fool kids until their rage end
2) Relog ignore - Ignored player can write you but message is not delivered to you, There is not notification about ignoring. Player will be ignored until you relog game (practicaly work like kickbot but for region,trading,recruiting together) - Perfectly for tired/ angry players, They are not bad just they had bad day or something. Ignoring for next play (for most of us next day) is enough
3) Pure Ignore - Ignored player cant write you message, Notification about ignorig is there. - This is for all these players leechers, racist, trading fools, etc. - If you really want ignore them you will ignore him for everything
It will be fair because we all can do a mistake, don't forget, we are human after all.

that person is trying to weed  out the offer people. its smart actually i should try it later lol. its annoying when  u ask for a price and u get offer instead ignore that person and u wont see them again its perfect its working as intended. if u don't like it give a price instead of offer there end of story. i would rather be ignored than being called a bad name.

I think your issue has to do more with trade toxicity. From my experience with trade chat the word "offer" is abused alot. People try and get other people to offer first because they hope they don't know the price and want to take advantage of them. If there was a auction hall everyone could buy and sell stuff and see current prices without worrying about getting taken advantage of. My point is that the ignore function is working as intented but you should go with one of the first 2 examples. Sell something with your price in mind and allow offers or if you keep getting low ball offers then sell it for a fixed price.

Examples:

WTS: Blind Rage 30p or PM offer(price in mind but willing to go lower depending on number of people messaging you)<---fair

WTS: Blind Rage 25p Fixed price<--- you know current prices a feel that is competitive to what most people feel its worth and dont want any less(Still fair)

WTS: Blind Rage, Offer: Someone may be unlucky with RNG and feel this is a very hard drop and offer 100p, Praying off of ignorance of not knowing prices the other person accepts without telling the person the current value. (Its like a scam)

exactly