Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us The Option To Hide The Syandanas?

(PSN)KrakenUnchained

Just be patient and they'll hopefully remove Arcanes from cosmetics altogether and make them for use on Warframes similar to Exilus mod slots. Patience is a virtue.

yh keep hoping then, im just asking a bandaid that hurts no one and absolutely waste no time at all, is just a matter of copy\paste the option they already given to us on weapons lol

yh keep hoping then, im just asking a bandaid that hurts no one and absolutely waste no time at all, is just a matter of copy\paste the option they already given to us on weapons lol

Theres no hoping about it, people are complaining about the Arcane system. DE already gave a "bandaid" with the distillers. It's also not just a matter of copying and pasting. They have to seperate the Syandana from the rest of the cosmetics and then there'd be complaints on why they didn't do a seperate Syandana customisation menu while they were at it. There has been demand for that as well.

Right now you're behaving like a spoilt child. Just bear with it for now.

Yeah... no... nope, you are not. I'm fine without any arcanes. If you don't want the look, don't use the syandana.

Yeah, I really like the hypocrisy of getting rid of arcane helmets and then putting the exact same problem back into the game. 

I'm with Redemption on this matter, the current state of Arcanes was because of a bandaid fix, coming up with another quick solution to a problem caused by this method would just create a new problem of the same nature.

I'm in favor of an Arcane slot, the original problem people had with Arcanes was that they were tied to cosmetics having an invisible option doesn't solve the problem and would just be a waste of resource since it wouldn't address the issue.

I can't wait for DE to add arcane slots, and force players to install arcane per a frame. You can't swap em unless you use a distiller. You also can't use the same arcane on multiple frames.

That would make the most sense due to the grind, which makes players lazy to buy from the market, which costs Plat. It's the only way they can make money on a free to play game, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Players keep complaining about the current system, and that's what they've been asking for.

That or make arcane slots purchasable for 50 plat

The same cost for a basic syanada.

Edited by JinxedEye

I feel syandanas are really ugly but im forced to wear them caus the arcane enhancements i got crafted on

They given to us the option to hide the weapons when holstered, maybe is possible to do the same with syandanas, my Nekros apparence is completely ruined from a syandana, i prefer how he looks with just Mortos on

May I suggest the the Yomo? It's very simple that fits in with Mortos very well.

Would be a nice option with ingame president with hiding sheathed weapons.  

Wondering why people seem against a purely cosmetic option.  I'm sure he already knows about the minimalist syandanas out there but would rather pass on them.  I can understand not wanting to disturb the flow of a skin, like a new valk or the upcoming rhino.

Arcanes, like cosmetics, are entirely optional. They do provide bonuses but they are not essential to survive.

Melees are not essential to survive yet they have a feature where you can hide them. This can also be said to Primary if you bring a Secondary, or Secondary if you bring a Primary or even both if you still bring a melee. There's no excuse to apply the same for Arcane cosmetics especially as a band-aid for now until it's next rework.

Everyone can argue and go in circles but it's a fact that OP's suggestion would not hurt anyone.

I really hate this kind of elitism people are showing in this thread.

Edited by LisRestall

I do find it amusing that people react with "NO, NOPE, DON'T LIKE IT? TOUGH!" over something as trivial as a cosmetic item visibility toggle that would have absolutely no effect whatsoever on gameplay. It would only make some people happier with their character's customization options.

What are the downsides? The fifteen minutes it would take a single programmer to implement and test such a feature?

there are many reasons to implement this. i bought almost all of the syandanas but i just don't like wearing them in battle and sometimes i don't like how they attach to frames, how they clip etc. this bandaid fix would hurt no-one and it seems pretty easy to implement, much easier than arcane slots on frames and free swapping of enhancements which i doubt is ever going to happen.

I like the idea of two Arcane slots per Warframe: one that locks in the Arcane unless you use a Distiller (and disables the use of old Arcane helmets), and another between which Arcanes can be freely swapped.

Mechanically, it would work exactly the same as now, except that people could use whichever skins, helmets, and syandanas they desire. This would not only help players in a completely harmless way, but would also help DE sell (slightly) more skins, helmets, and syandanas.

There are several Market syandanas I haven't purchased yet, and the main reason I haven't is that I generally only use the syandanas I have Arcanes on, because it costs 50,000 reputation every time I want to try something different.

Edited by Kastorius

I feel syandanas are really ugly but im forced to wear them caus the arcane enhancements i got crafted on

They given to us the option to hide the weapons when holstered, maybe is possible to do the same with syandanas, my Nekros apparence is completely ruined from a syandana, i prefer how he looks with just Mortos on

Op asks "How to hide syandanas"

Op doesn't realize he can take syandanas off.

not without losing the use of the arcane enhancements, which is a valid issue.

Simple solution: don't use arcanes, that way you don't have to wear ugly syandanas.

honestly not having a 5% buff to whatever is not going to kill you, so just do without.  plus most of the arcanes are not permanent buffs, you have to trigger them, which is even more reason not to use them.

Edited by robertgk2017

Simple solution: don't use arcanes, that way you don't have to wear ugly syandanas.

honestly not having a 5% buff to whatever is not going to kill you, so just do without. plus most of the arcanes are not permanent buffs, you have to trigger them, which is even more reason not to use them.

that isn't the point. However useful or useless they may be, if you want to use them, you have fewer cosmetic options, which is the reason they stopped doing bonuses on helmets in the first place.

honestly not having a 5% buff to whatever is not going to kill you, so just do without.  plus most of the arcanes are not permanent buffs, you have to trigger them, which is even more reason not to use them.

Maxed out Arcane Guardian:

+60% armor buff

20% chance to trigger

20 seconds duration

+1 Arcane Revive

I just uploaded this video for you, the flashes on my body are the Guardian that triggers

Now can you simply go to spam ignorance somewhere else please?

Maxed out Arcane Guardian:

+60% armor buff

20% chance to trigger

20 seconds duration

+1 Arcane Revive

I just uploaded this video for you, the flashes on my body are the Guardian that triggers

Now can you simply go to spam ignorance somewhere else please?

Ok so thats pretty much only useful for a valkyr or a chroma?

Im not spamming ignorance, i know what the arcanes do and how to get them, i just choose not to because 1. i don't want them and 2 if i did want them i still couldn't use them      as well as 2a. i can't use them because im not gonna waste my money on plat that i will then waste on a 100% USELESS cosmetic that serves no purpose whatsoever other than making you "look cool".   

And i'm not saying you shouldn't use arcanes, if you got that from what im saying then there is no hope for you.  I won't tell you what to do, you can do whatever you want, i am simply saying that if the OP wants to not have syandanas then it is simply a fact that he will have to do without an arcane, its as simple as that.

Edited by robertgk2017

Ok so thats pretty much only useful for a valkyr or a chroma?

Im not spamming ignorance, i know what the arcanes do and how to get them, i just choose not to because 1. i don't want them and 2 if i did want them i still couldn't use them as well as 2a. i can't use them because im not gonna waste my money on plat that i will then waste on a 100% USELESS cosmetic that serves no purpose whatsoever other than making you "look cool".

Going off your points,

1, you don't care, no reason to post here telling other people not to care as the solution

2. If you did care, you should agree with OP that the current system is sub optimal

i just choose not to because 1. i don't want them and 2 if i did want them i still couldn't use them      as well as 2a. i can't use them because im not gonna waste my money on plat that i will then waste on a 100% USELESS cosmetic that serves no purpose whatsoever other than making you "look cool".   

you just listed problems that are just yours and no one can help you in solve them.. Im asking a solution to a problem thats not just mine and that DE can solve it really quick, thats the difference