Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us The Option To Hide The Syandanas?

(PSN)KrakenUnchained

50-100 something, depending. 

Do you think it would really hurt DE's income? That amount can easily be obtainable from the Trading area, so people won't even need to purchase a plat package. The day they bring out a Syandana that costs 100p.....

What would your solution be?

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Do you think it would really hurt DE's income? That amount can easily be obtainable from the Trading area, so people won't even need to purchase a plat package. The day they bring out a Syandana that costs 100p.....

What would your solution be?

I don't think it'd really hurt them, but, do you believe that DE is going to turn lose of any kind of income that they don't have to?  

Given the options of making Arcanes universal like Exilus slots and losing on any amount of income OR just making them invisible, I'd be willing to put plat down that DE will choose to make them invisible. 

I love DE, they're awesome, but they're still a business.  My solution would be to make them invisible, tbh.  It's a simpler option that putting in a new mechanic, but I would love it if they implemented your concept. It makes a lot more sense.

I also just logged in to check the prices on Syandana's, the most expensive one is 105 plat.

BlR9tQg.jpg?1

I don't think it'd really hurt them, but, do you believe that DE is going to turn lose of any kind of income that they don't have to?

Given the options of making Arcanes universal like Exilus slots and losing on any amount of income OR just making them invisible, I'd be willing to put plat down that DE will choose to make them invisible.

I love DE, they're awesome, but they're still a business. My solution would be to make them invisible, tbh. It's a simpler option that putting in a new mechanic, but I would love it if they implemented your concept. It makes a lot more sense.

I also just logged in to check the prices on Syandana's, the most expensive one is 105 plat.

BlR9tQg.jpg?1

Oh my. DE, now you're just getting a little bit to pricey.

DE could go anywhere with the Arcanes. I'm just going to sit back a let them do their thing. You have valid facts and good solid insight on matters such as these. Hats off to you.

Oh my. DE, now you're just getting a little bit to pricey.

DE could go anywhere with the Arcanes. I'm just going to sit back a let them do their thing. You have valid facts and good solid insight on matters such as these. Hats off to you.

I'm...not used to this.

wat do i do

@Redemption_015

there's always going to be new content and players anxious for it hence your reason for saying we should wait for a total overhaul of arcanes implementation because a bandaid would take away programmer's time from new content is absurd.

also like i posted earlier there are already requests for adding a customisation menu for every attachment separately and both this and that request should be possible to implement in one go with relative ease.

i would also like to see a sweeping change to arcanes like you mentioned but because they have such a small impact on gameplay as you put i really don't see that happening anytime soon

@Redemption_015

there's always going to be new content and players anxious for it hence your reason for saying we should wait for a total overhaul of arcanes implementation because a bandaid would take away programmer's time from new content is absurd.

also like i posted earlier there are already requests for adding a customisation menu for every attachment separately and both this and that request should be possible to implement in one go with relative ease.

i would also like to see a sweeping change to arcanes like you mentioned but because they have such a small impact on gameplay as you put i really don't see that happening anytime soon

A total overhaul of a system would be much better, than bandaids but it's just my single opinion.

A total overhaul of a system would be much better, than bandaids but it's just my single opinion.

Not sure if I convayed my stance correctly but, I agree.  A total overhaul to make the feature better is more desirable than a bandaid fix.

I just don't think DE will go for an option that could lose them money.  

Any thoughts on how to compensate that?  Only thing I'm coming up with would be putting the Arcanes in the market for plat. 

it's not just your opinion but like i said it would be much harder to implement and would take much more time and with arcanes being minor boosts and DE's obvious direction with them it's not likely to happen. 

hence instead of asking for that we are asking for this relative simple reasonable solution that would fix most if not all of our issues

*DE community team to dev team scenario*

Community team "hay players are asking to make there weapons on there back invisible... can you guys do something to make it happen?"

Dev team "yeah we can add a hide option and even make a fancy void shift when they switch weapons, No problem."

Community team "hay players are asking to make Syandanas invisable for arcane users but they dont really want to wear them for personal appearance taste, can you guys do something about that?"

Dev team "i guess we can just use the hide feature for weapons and just copy it over to it and change a few lines of code... doesnt seem to complicated, we can look in to it."

Edited by (XB1)brenon45

I work with a technology company as a programmer. I am not trying to outsmart anyone. I am telling a simple truth that adding this feature would create a domino affect, with players asking for more updates to the customisation menu and will make it a lot longer than it needs to be. Just you explaining the concept of elitism and insulting peoples intelligence for disagreeing with OP, just proves that you are elitist. "Looks like someones trying to look smart by disagreeing with OP lol." That was completely unnecessary and uncalled-for, but you made the first shot, now you go around saying everybody is elitist for disagreeing.

You assume that I know nothing of programming. I could assume that you just took that data straight from the first Google search you came across. "You do not know programming." That in its very sense reeks of arrogance and elitism. That just makes you a bully.

1. You don't have to implement every idea, and other ideas have no bearing on this one.

2. A system for this already exists with the weapons. It would not be that hard to apply it to syandanas as well.

3. It is a reasonable suggestion.

4. More customization options is beneficial to all parties. Peacocks will spend more money to look unique when presented with the option, and DE will make more money as a result.  Third parties will have a larger client base to resell things to in the player market (e.g. arcanes).

Not sure if I convayed my stance correctly but, I agree. A total overhaul to make the feature better is more desirable than a bandaid fix.

I just don't think DE will go for an option that could lose them money.

Any thoughts on how to compensate that? Only thing I'm coming up with would be putting the Arcanes in the market for plat.

I understood your stance perfectly. Sorry if I seemed confusing. I was just talking to Atom.

Give an option to hide the syandana is not a fix, it's just a band-aid.

Arcanes stats on Syandana are just a bad implementation, currently it's the exact same problem with the arcanes helmets before.

What we need is a slot for alt stats in the arsenal, not on the cosmetics.

I suggest to make a thread about this, with the correct title, and contact DE Steve about this problem.

Edited by Alpha56

1. You don't have to implement every idea, and other ideas have no bearing on this one.

2. A system for this already exists with the weapons. It would not be that hard to apply it to syandanas as well.

3. It is a reasonable suggestion.

4. More customization options is beneficial to all parties. Peacocks will spend more money to look unique when presented with the option, and DE will make more money as a result.  Third parties will have a larger client base to resell things to in the player market (e.g. arcanes).

* this

So hold up. I've never used an Arcane since they've come out. Let me see if I know how they work, just by seeing many Threads throughout the Forum.

Arcanes can only be bound to cosmetics. Like, a helmet, or a Syandana. How about knee/arm pad things? Anyway, I have all the Arcane helmets, so if I were to ever get an Arcane for the small boost that the Helmets gave (and still give) off, then I'd need to attach it to a cosmetic, which I also personally dislike, and wear that cosmetic just for the boost.

Sure, we can CHOOSE which Cosmetic to put it on, and since I use Arcane helmets, I'm assuming they won't bind to Arcane helmets, so I'd either need to use a stat-less helmet, or equip a Cosmetic like a Syandana.

So, if this IS how Arcanes work, this puts us right back to square one.

No, it doesn't. The problem with gen 1 arcanes was that they were a dedicated stat bound to a helmet, no exceptions. If you liked the design of a helmet, but the stats were nothing but garbage (Vauban's beret helm, forgot name, was +stamina -duration, like wtf), then you were sol, you had to deal with bad stats, or using a helmet that wasn't as good.

Now, if you wish to have the stats, you bind them to items of your choice, not a static item.

I would love to see an Arcanes rework, I don't know, give them special slots on every warframe so we can chose different Arcanes on different warframes with different cosmetics, but I agree with your idea OP, +1

Edited by DJNeonNight

Give an option to hide the syandana is not a fix, it's just a band-aid.

Arcanes stats on Syandana are just a bad implementation, currently it's the exact same problem with the arcanes helmets before.

What we need is a slot for alt stats in the arsenal, not on the cosmetics.

I suggest to make a thread about this, with the correct title, and contact DE Steve about this problem.

I have made a fan concept topic but it hasn't gotten a lot of feedback.

Removed heated/derail-worthy comments. Please keep the discussion civil, thank ya :)

lol idk how people are getting heated over this... XD

To those getting heated... I'd personally never want to hide my syandanas, but OP isn't saying we have to. He's simply asking for an option to hide the Syandana while still benefiting from arcanes (and some arcanes can provide substantial benefits, even if they aren't essential). What exactly is so provocative about that? It'd probably be easy to do, and whether or not DE decides to do it, It'd have virtually 0 impact on the game for most people... 

Edited by Snowman486