Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Elite Skin Wip

MavenCoreX

I don't plan to do camouflage or not at least traditional camo. This was a test with an overlayed image. from a camo pattern found on google. The Left image is diffuse texture base. I am wanting to go for a cyborg or some kind of nano suite. Unfortunately this is the kind of things I'm not good at.

Edited by MavenCoreX

I don't plan to do camouflage or not at least traditional camo. This was a test with an overlayed image. from a camo pattern found on google. The Left image is diffuse texture base. I am wanting to go for a cyborg or some kind of nano suite. Unfortunately this is the kind of things I'm not good at.

Ah, then sorry for the sudden harsh criticism. While I'm not terribly fond of camo, I'd be all for mechanical bits. But it bears repeating: the base image on the left is a very impressive looking skin so far. The details added are very good and give Excal a fresh look.

When you start with textures: don't worry about colors at first, work in shades of grey to get a good composition. Once you have things divided up into tint masks in a way that works with your greys, you can literally choose any color combo you want. But starting with greys makes it a little easier I think!

Unfortunately, it wasn't planned to have a camo-like texture. After hours trying to come up with a good pattern for this. I wasn't successful. Due to having to work on another project starting monday, I will not be sure if the pattern changes. However, the camo can be changed to any color or can even be hidden with dark colors. This is what I have currently. I will try to come up with something tomorrow if I can to replace it. But if not, this may be similar to the submitted version.  Also the helmet will be retextured as well.

XXEB5qB.png

Maybe try making the boob-muscle,(doesn't know the names of individual muscle groups) the belly part,and the part imbetween the shoulder and the gauntlet another tint thing, and then make the part over the ribs and maybe some parts elsewhere metal?

I'm just spitballing ideas for you.

(edit) sorry for repeating myself a lot on some of my other posts here, it just seems like i don't get noticed and i crave response...

Edited by (XB1)gnashermaster97