Gonna start a new thread because this is taking up all my free time lol...well this and playing warframe.

Edit: now available for voting in workshop!

This is a resculpt of Volt's default helmet. it's supposed to look demon like. Feedback is welcome and appreciated!

PyOlFFil.png

update #2

yB88sejl.png

upadte #3 tint mask test

qjbRFy9l.png

new tint mask and pretty much final "look"

zuzW4aFl.pngTKaCowHm.png92gc8qsm.png

Edited by Captkiro

*heavy breathing intensifies*

You nailed the demon look while still keeping his exact helmet shape. I'm impressed. +1.

that's because it is the helmet. I'm just sculpting on top of it. I'm still using the base helmet as a guide.

Before you upload, did you went to the FAQ thread of the workshop ?

I just saw in it that custom helmets are not yet allowed.

I'll link you the post

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/541012-steam-workshop-questions-answers-bug-reports/#entry6184633

Oh yeah i read that. This is a sculpt over the existing model. So im only replacing textures. No modifications to the geometry. This is done with normal maps which fake detail. Basically i transfered my sculpt down to the model and all im doing is swapping out textures. Edited by Captkiro

Looking great!

I really want to try my hand at something like this, and I've got a Zbrush trial at my fingertips right now, but I'm still in the dark about a few things. I'd be really interested to know how you turned the normal map into geometry that you can sculpt, and what you then did to turn it back into a normal map that works as a substitute for the original.

Looking great!

I really want to try my hand at something like this, and I've got a Zbrush trial at my fingertips right now, but I'm still in the dark about a few things. I'd be really interested to know how you turned the normal map into geometry that you can sculpt, and what you then did to turn it back into a normal map that works as a substitute for the original.

I imported the volt model from the sample DE provided. In Zbrush I seperated the head mesh from the body. From there I subdivide the low polygon head and sculpt like normal. All of the detail in the helmet is brand new nothing was reused from the original helmet.

I simply used the original head as a cage and sculpted within those boundaries. Making sure not to exceed the cage so that the normal maps maintained accuracy when generated. 

Gonna start a new thread because this is taking up all my free time lol...well this and playing warframe.

This is a resculpt of Volt's default helmet. it's supposed to look demon like. Feedback is welcome and appreciated!

PyOlFFil.png

update #2

yB88sejl.png

upadte #3 tint mask test

qjbRFy9l.png

Sharknado XD

I imported the volt model from the sample DE provided. In Zbrush I seperated the head mesh from the body. From there I subdivide the low polygon head and sculpt like normal. All of the detail in the helmet is brand new nothing was reused from the original helmet.

I simply used the original head as a cage and sculpted within those boundaries. Making sure not to exceed the cage so that the normal maps maintained accuracy when generated. 

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response!