Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So. Pve Stuff Available Only Through Pvp?

Nesit1

If you have no problem with DE making PvE-usable content locked behind PvP, then you have no right to complain when DE releases something people actually want and suddenly a bunch of non-PvPers join a Conclave match and AFK.

That's really what it's going to boil down to in the end.

(And this is exactly what happened when Vindictus revamped its PvP system and locked an entire equipment slot behind PvP.)

The way I see it, none of these are actual gameplay-affecting beyond the player using them. They only serve to augment their experience, not make the game easier. It's not like Serration is buffed when you used the PvP variant.

hostler rate is very critical for me, and I cannot spare a aura slot for it, my sidearm is utility based, so...I would say hostler mod is game changing for me...

hostler rate is very critical for me, and I cannot spare a aura slot for it, my sidearm is utility based, so...I would say hostler mod is game changing for me...

So buy it or grind for it, it's not as hard as people think because most people are inexperienced in conclave and don't understand how to dodge

i like how the "open minded" poor unrewarded players are always throwing around insults to justify their selfish pov

my point is you don't need anything exclusive as a reward please stop being selfish

Pve also doesn't need to be the only game mode where tou get rewarded for playing. Don't be selfish and allow players who are actually able of playing pvp to get something that you will keep restraining yourself from getting simply because you don't like the game mode where it is obtained. cosmetics would be fine, but I agree that if there was something else, a game modifier (mods, weapons, etc.) There should be a way maybe with godlike levels of rng grind and difficulty to get it without set a foot near the pvp console.

I have an idea, have a special pve mode that gives pvp rewards, and special rebuffs, for example you can treadmill you allies, but if you do so you take damage too(to make it fair Maybe double damage you did), and in PvP have a special game mode that drop pve rewards, for example a pvp survival, enemies spawn and it's a free for all there, but the pvp is only enabled after a certain amount of pve kills(50 for example), and once you die your out and get a reward based on your ranking, leaving gives nothing, higher place higher chance of rare item

Edited by (XB1)Master4733

A special pve mode with friendly damage? Sounds fun to make people actually using their skills instead of simply mashing e1234 and putting right in front of you, or jumping un the middle of them right when you're destroying an enemy group. Personally love the idea.

I would enjoy killing my friends and me at same timeXD, might have played part of idea, it also seems rather balanced imo because it's pvp without being pvp

I suggested this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/555569-suggestion-teshins-challenge/

For those who didn't follow the link, it boils down to this:

Team Anihilation where the "enemy" is a bunch of Stalkers with Zanukas agility, G3 firepower, double the health of the players, random Conclave loadouts and the players work together as a team to vanquish them, using Conclave loadouts. You get Conclave standing for participating.

Survival idea seems good, but only if we are talking about real challenge, not the mindless grinds from normal missions (think facing Nightwatch level of enemies)

As Teshin says: "You seek power, you pay in blood"

I suggested this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/555569-suggestion-teshins-challenge/

For those who didn't follow the link, it boils down to this:

Team Anihilation where the "enemy" is a bunch of Stalkers with Zanukas agility, G3 firepower, double the health of the players, random Conclave loadouts and the players work together as a team to vanquish them, using Conclave loadouts. You get Conclave standing for participating.

Survival idea seems good, but only if we are talking about real challenge, not the mindless grinds from normal missions (think facing Nightwatch level of enemies)

As Teshin says: "You seek power, you pay in blood"

Sounds like a fun idea, I think players will still complain though, but people complain about anything

Pve also doesn't need to be the only game mode where tou get rewarded for playing. Don't be selfish and allow players who are actually able of playing pvp to get something that you will keep restraining yourself from getting simply because you don't like the game mode where it is obtained. cosmetics would be fine, but I agree that if there was something else, a game modifier (mods, weapons, etc.) There should be a way maybe with godlike levels of rng grind and difficulty to get it without set a foot near the pvp console.

you are the selfish one here pal because you want exclusive stuff. i'm the opposite of selfish because i'm advocating for the rewards to be accessible to everyone. i'm not saying no to pvp rewards i'm only against exclusive ones.

i't not only about not liking pvp for some of us it's an issue of machine performance that restricts us from being competitive in pvp. i can play pve just fine with 40 fps but in pvp that's borderline unplayable.

also you may want a challenge in a game because you have little of that irl at your age but maybe some of us just want entertainment and a way to chill in our game. why should we be forced into that arena when we are here for a co-op experience?

my days of pro pvp are behind me and my "gaming" rig is not updated anymore. i'm over it simply put and this is why i play warframe because it's easy and fun. having exclusive rewards in pvp that affect the pve part of the game spoils my game. however rewarding pvp with the same rewards as pve or keeping them restricted to pvp is in no way negative for you. get my point?

Edited by ..atom..

Eh.  PvE stuff that's only available in PvP degrades the experience for nearly everyone.  

PvE players in a mode which requires dedication - which they don't have, nor do they want to.  They'll abandon the mode as soon as they get what they're after - and will, during the experience, use every dirty trick available. 

PvP players faced with a flood of PvE focused players who don't care about the mode will also find their experience degraded.  Both their competition and their teammates are simply not going to care, and this doesn't make for interesting gameplay.

Now there is a certain segment who finds their experience improved by this - PvP players who don't seek an actual challenge, but who's ego is tied to winning will be very happy to find a rush of the indifferent, as it allows them to win without having to face actual competition.  That's simply not a behavior we should be encouraging though.

You can work around a lot of the issues with quality matchmaking - skilled players are only ever put against other skilled players, and while newbies and poor players are matched against each other.  As far as I can tell, this game simply doesn't have that - and doesn't have a PvP population large enough to make it useful.

Better to just avoid the whole issue.

Eh.  PvE stuff that's only available in PvP degrades the experience for nearly everyone.  

PvE players in a mode which requires dedication - which they don't have, nor do they want to.  They'll abandon the mode as soon as they get what they're after - and will, during the experience, use every dirty trick available. 

PvP players faced with a flood of PvE focused players who don't care about the mode will also find their experience degraded.  Both their competition and their teammates are simply not going to care, and this doesn't make for interesting gameplay.

Now there is a certain segment who finds their experience improved by this - PvP players who don't seek an actual challenge, but who's ego is tied to winning will be very happy to find a rush of the indifferent, as it allows them to win without having to face actual competition.  That's simply not a behavior we should be encouraging though.

You can work around a lot of the issues with quality matchmaking - skilled players are only ever put against other skilled players, and while newbies and poor players are matched against each other.  As far as I can tell, this game simply doesn't have that - and doesn't have a PvP population large enough to make it useful.

Better to just avoid the whole issue.

Take into account the Conclave 2.0 is in alpha and requires feedback both from dedicated players and casual players to be enjoyable. Actually newbies in WF PvP walk a fine line between easy prey and terribly dangerous, kind of like a sparring or fencing match, professionals know the most dangerous opponents are either other professionals following the meta or novices doing unexpected things and getting lucky.

And again, these are tradeable, which means you can get them without doing PvP at all, and you don't even need to scoff platinum, some people will accept anything from mods to prime parts, and if you have a friend who enjoys pvp, you can ask him/her a mod if he/she has spare standing.

People going AFK in matches will be annoying, but I've seen a matches carried over by 1 or 2 people in a team. Also afking doesn't give a good reward: In anihilation you get way more standing for killing than for winning, in Cephalon Capture and Team Anihilation you also get more standing for killing and participating (stealing flags, killing flag carriers, returning flags) than from victory. And then we have the Challenges, which are actually VERY rewarding, if you can complete them. Warframe Conclave rewards participation which is a good start for any PvP system.

i like how the "open minded" poor unrewarded players are always throwing around insults to justify their selfish pov

my point is you don't need anything exclusive as a reward please stop being selfish

How in the world am I being selfish? You are completely able to play it yourself and get it as well, you just don`t want to, or want it with far less effort than others. I stand by every of my previous words and like I said, that's present in a far greater extent in many other games.

Let me put it this way, there's something called trials of osiris in Destiny, a 3v3 pvp mode, its best items (same level as hard mode raid) will only be awarded to those who make it to a 9 win streak, never got there myself.

And now comes the difference between you and the supposedly selfish me. I don't complain, never did, never will.

A handful of players get to the 9 win streak and get the items I will hardly be able to obtain, let me rephrase it again: they HAVE something I DON'T HAVE, and guess what? I don`t care.

How is that concept difficult to live with? It's even easier considering you can buy said mods or even play for them yourself.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Provoking

you are the selfish one here pal because you want exclusive stuff. i'm the opposite of selfish because i'm advocating for the rewards to be accessible to everyone. i'm not saying no to pvp rewards i'm only against exclusive ones.

i't not only about not liking pvp for some of us it's an issue of machine performance that restricts us from being competitive in pvp. i can play pve just fine with 40 fps but in pvp that's borderline unplayable.

also you may want a challenge in a game because you have little of that irl at your age but maybe some of us just want entertainment and a way to chill in our game. why should we be forced into that arena when we are here for a co-op experience?

my days of pro pvp are behind me and my "gaming" rig is not updated anymore. i'm over it simply put and this is why i play warframe because it's easy and fun. having exclusive rewards in pvp that affect the pve part of the game spoils my game. however rewarding pvp with the same rewards as pve or keeping them restricted to pvp is in no way negative for you. get my point?

Nope. You're still being selfish because you don't want rewards for people who plays in a gamemode you don't like/can't play. Srill nobody forces you to get everything in game, so "fircing is ti pivipi" sounds just like a childish argument. If you want have fun by killing masses with a sinple button, that's your choice. If you don't want go in the "competitive" part of the same game ("competitive" due to no leaderboards nor leagues, nor whatever. Only competitive during the current match) to have fun, that's your chance/issue. There have been suggested some ways to get pvp standing without even doing pvp, but you still against this syndicate getting exclusive stuff using the same childish arguments "everything should be available to everyone via pve" to keep us away from anything else instead of providing ideas to close the gap between pve and pvp, thing that could make happy to both of us.

Not going to lie - I've been playing PvP content for the first time to farm the mods for PvE use. What I find utterly reprehensible is that it takes 4 hours to grind out a full day's worth of points (17,000) which is not including the challenges. And seeing how performance plays a huge role in the reward pool, that means every failure makes you have to wait longer. Furthermore, the dedicated Conclave players have mods that give them bonuses like max energy, overshields, weapons that heal/recover shields on-kill (so they don't have to go fishing for recovery items like the rest of us newbies), and so forth...

Now, under normal circumstances, I can respect that -- these guys paid their dues, they're entitled to a few benefits. What upsets me is that they stand between me and completing the MASSIVE time requirements needed to reach my daily limit. This means people like me are now forced to fight an uphill battle against folks who not only have vastly more experience, better-honed reflexes, and a deeper understanding of the mechanics behind the content, but also have various unfair statistical advantages as well. I feel like I'm playing Armored Core - Last Raven all over again. All for the sake of a few flavor mods.

Conclave was meant to be enjoyed under a particular mindset. Making the daily quota so high and long, with obstacles so intimidating, eliminates that mindset by turning it into a grueling grind. Under less strenuous circumstances, I think I would actually enjoy Conclave on its own merits. But right now, it's nothing but a sheer wall of frustration between me and a reward, and the sooner I can get that reward and move on, the happier I'll be.

Edited by Exodess

Nope. You're still being selfish because you don't want rewards for people who plays in a gamemode you don't like/can't play. Srill nobody forces you to get everything in game, so "fircing is ti pivipi" sounds just like a childish argument. If you want have fun by killing masses with a sinple button, that's your choice. If you don't want go in the "competitive" part of the same game ("competitive" due to no leaderboards nor leagues, nor whatever. Only competitive during the current match) to have fun, that's your chance/issue. There have been suggested some ways to get pvp standing without even doing pvp, but you still against this syndicate getting exclusive stuff using the same childish arguments "everything should be available to everyone via pve" to keep us away from anything else instead of providing ideas to close the gap between pve and pvp, thing that could make happy to both of us.

please try to read what i wrote. i'm not at all against rewards in pvp. what i don't agree with is EXCLUSIVE ones. surely you can find satisfaction in being rewarded same as everyone else in this game whether they choose to play in competitive mode or co-op. if you think you deserve more than the rest of us i'm sorry to tell you that means elitism, entitlement and selfishness.

please try to read what i wrote. i'm not at all against rewards in pvp. what i don't agree with is EXCLUSIVE ones. surely you can find satisfaction in being rewarded same as everyone else in this game whether they choose to play in competitive mode or co-op. if you think you deserve more than the rest of us i'm sorry to tell you that means elitism, entitlement and selfishness.

Lol nope. If there are alternate ways to get them (like teshin giving special but hard pve missions, after all he's getting into the game lore. As suggested many times before) you don't need to go against other players to earn pvp standing, meaning you can still get anything from pvp syndicate with no need of competing with other players. The only difference would be that pkaying pvp would be a little faster than only doing these missions to get standing needed for pvp rewards.

There's no "intitlimint", "ilitism" nor "silfishniss" in this. You're the only one pushing back while other players suggest options for you and any other player who doesn't pvo for any reason to get everything eveb tough it was locked behind teshin's syndicate. Is that so hard to get?

Edited by -----LegioN-----

i was among the ones that suggested this alternate way of earning standing but so far they are not implemented yet.

what's the point of going through all the trouble of implementing alternate ways of getting rep when it's just a lot more simple and fair to just keep exclusives out. i'm all for adding rewards to pvp just not exclusive ones.

i'm not the only one against exclusive pvp rewards being usable in pve but i am the only one wasting my time replying to your nonsense.

face it pumpkin the only reason you want exclusive pvp stuff is because you know you can get it easier than the majority of players and you want to be able to show the rest of us pve schmucks that you are really "more better". elitism in a nutshell.

now go tell mommy the bad man was mean to you on the forums. she'll give you a hot cocoa and tell you how special you are and you'll feel a lot better cartman.

And this is the kind of player that then says things like "pvp" is toxic.

The easier way is not always the the best. Pvp syndicate deserves being treated like any other syndicate and get its exclusive rewards, and ways to these rewards being gotten by players who can't pvp could be added later. Still if you don't want to do pvp that's not a good reason to stop other players for being rewarded by their performance. We're no asking for things being unlocked after getting certain KD ratio (that would be elitism) but simply rewards from our syndicate in the same way the other syndicate reward players dedicated to them.

PD:

my mommy said elitism keeps the game alive, and that yiu could also complain about it and start opening threads asking for the deletion of skull badges (elitism at its best) prime accesories (money elitism) or at least asking fir them being farmable in pve or simply not usable in this mode due to not being available for everyone. She also sent a hug and a cocoa for you (:

Edited by -----LegioN-----

so much text, I manage to get max rep in about an hour of serious play, with friends usually 2 hours, what's your usual kills to deaths in a match? Mines around 15-20 to 5

The fact that it's easy for people with extremely high performance in PvP doesn't really mean much. It's essentially a zero-sum game. Your 15:5 KD ratio means that someone else has something like a 5:15 ratio. You being able to grind out your rep in an hour means that someone else has to spend 4+ hours, assuming they continue trying.

And this is the kind of player that then says things like "pvp" is toxic.

The easier way is not always the the best. Pvp syndicate deserves being treated like any other syndicate and get its exclusive rewards, and ways to these rewards being gotten by players who can't pvp could be added later. Still if you don't want to do pvp that's not a good reason to stop other players for being rewarded by their performance. We're no asking for things being unlocked after getting certain KD ratio (that would be elitism) but simply rewards from our syndicate in the same way the other syndicate reward players dedicated to them.

PD:

my mommy said elitism keeps the game alive, and that yiu could also complain about it and start opening threads asking for the deletion of skull badges (elitism at its best) prime accesories (money elitism) or at least asking fir them being farmable in pve or simply not usable in this mode due to not being available for everyone. She also sent a hug and a cocoa for you (:

pvp deserves rewards but because it's a different game mode (one would say opposite to the rest of the game that is co-op) having exclusives in it would be unfair towards the majority of the player base which has no interest in pvp.

you must understand that it's a syndicate just because DE chose to name it as such .. that doesn't mean it's just like the other ones.

pvp deserves rewards but because it's a different game mode (one would say opposite to the rest of the game that is co-op) having exclusives in it would be unfair towards the majority of the player base which has no interest in pvp.

you must understand that it's a syndicate just because DE chose to name it as such .. that doesn't mean it's just like the other ones.

A different game mode where you progress mainly through the main mode (pve) being both part of the same game. So it deserves rewards as any other syndicate and these should be usable in the whole game. If the majority doesn't want play there, they simply won't be able to get rewards from this part of tge game because of their own reasons, but whatever reason is that, it won't be enough to make players who actually play the entire game to be rewarded only by one mode nor to be unable to use their rewards wherever they want.

The fact that it's easy for people with extremely high performance in PvP doesn't really mean much. It's essentially a zero-sum game. Your 15:5 KD ratio means that someone else has something like a 5:15 ratio. You being able to grind out your rep in an hour means that someone else has to spend 4+ hours, assuming they continue trying.

The rep is oro based, I don't really care if somone isn't good enough to get a few oro, it's not that selfish because I learned to kill, and I'm just one guy in a match often time there is 4+ so me being leader doesn't mean they do baddly

so much text, I manage to get max rep in about an hour of serious play, with friends usually 2 hours, what's your usual kills to deaths in a match? Mines around 15-20 to 5

On average, I'll rank usually between 2nd-4th place, occasionally 1st if I'm not taking on a Conclave vet. My K/D rates are roughly about 1:1, 1.5/1 on a good match. I usually get between 6-13 kills. And it's hell getting there.

I see you are from the XB1 crowd. Bear in mind I'm on the PC servers, so there's a very different level of skill and control scheme involved. Mice make twitch gamers godlike, and I'm not a twitch gamer by nature, focusing more on tactics; ambushes (attacking enemies while busy or caught unawares, ground-slamming), environmental manipulation (corridors, corner-glaiving, elevation), and psychological warfare (gaining first blood and causing many players try retreating). Yes, I fight like a coward, but I'm a modestly successful one given my competition.

Edited by Exodess