Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guardsman Synthesis Entry Findings

Nikodemos

Interestingly, the lockdown that triggered seem to be more of a failsafe than something that happens on a day to day life:

We were safe for the moment. When the Infestation took over the entire tower went into lockdown. Avantus's Executor status meant that she, and by extension I, were among the few people who could move freely about the massive vessel.

Seems slaughtering the orokin triggered the technological lockdown instead of being just locked to the general public i feel.

Edit: im trying to convey something regarding to the whole genetics things but the right words arent coming out :/

Nah, we get that. It's abundantly clear that Orokin technology had genetic locks on it - at least SOME Orokin technology. The Towers and ships for sure, and obviously cloning sites as well... I can only imagine that the Grineer's control might have started off strong, especially if they were able to get the right "Grineer" into their forces, but as time passed, cloning continued, and their own genetics started to fail them the sites became locked down and they had to start... altering it, damaging it - in the case of the cloning equipment, that only caused further problems.

Nah, we get that. It's abundantly clear that Orokin technology had genetic locks on it - at least SOME Orokin technology. The Towers and ships for sure, and obviously cloning sites as well... I can only imagine that the Grineer's control might have started off strong, especially if they were able to get the right "Grineer" into their forces, but as time passed, cloning continued, and their own genetics started to fail them the sites became locked down and they had to start... altering it, damaging it - in the case of the cloning equipment, that only caused further problems.

What hes saying is that the locks only occured when a lockdown was happening, but everything was open in day to day operations.

We already know that genetic locks are what prevented the grineer from getting advanced tech but what we didnt know is that they were only locked out AFTER the empire started to fall and when actual Lockdowns occured, not beforehand

What hes saying is that the locks only occured when a lockdown was happening, but everything was open in day to day operations.

We already know that genetic locks are what prevented the grineer from getting advanced tech but what we didnt know is that they were only locked out AFTER the empire started to fall and when actual Lockdowns occured, not beforehand

Ahhh, I see... Interesting thought... It's possible.

The Executors WOULD be of high-priority to get out of there above any else, so locking down the tower to quarantine off all areas in the case of contamination breech would theoretically allow for at least one path to safety to be open - both free of Infestation and panicking filthy lower-classes that might hinder their escape. The lockdown was in relation to the Infestation outbreak, so the definitive implication seems to be that the Executors, seemingly alone, and those they took with them could move in spite of the lockdown.

Were it not locked down, as the Belisa points out in the Guardsmen Codex, it does seem that things would be more freely open to roam around, chat, and discuss the ruling of the Empire.

Edited by Morec0

I think its likely that certain people ranked in society had genetic domination over the use of general technology, especially over cloned servants like Grineer. This was likely done to make it hard for sentients to take over, as a bio signature is a requirment of function.

I think its likely that certain people ranked in society had genetic domination over the use of general technology, especially over cloned servants like Grineer. This was likely done to make it hard for sentients to take over, as a bio signature is a requirment of function.

And yet "the greater our losses", so the Sentients were able to, in whatever way they did, bypass that little trick and use it against them - because if you literally can't access your own technology in ANY way you're going to be in the WORST of situations. They became advanced to the point where you needed to be a certain thing to use certain technologies, but that just meant it could be turned against them because they weren't something else. Perhaps this kind of system is what the soldiers in the Mag Codex meant when he referred to "Zero-tech"?

Things definately seem to be falling into place.

I'm still wondering HOW the Sentients managed such a feat when their claim to fame seemed to be reactive immunization. Maybe it was just their own advancing sciences.

I'm also wondering what the hell Alarez and his people did to those ships to get them to work without having the proper clearance, and why his "symmetry was off". The particular bit about his eyes being dull ALSO interests me, especially due to the talk of Golden Irises in the Crewman Synth.

Could it be that the Orokin used something to enhance themselves? Perhaps Oro?

Edited by Morec0

And yet "the greater our losses", so the Sentients were able to, in whatever way they did, bypass that little trick and use it against them - because if you literally can't access your own technology in ANY way you're going to be in the WORST of situations. They became advanced to the point where you needed to be a certain thing to use certain technologies, but that just meant it could be turned against them because they weren't something else. Perhaps this kind of system is what the soldiers in the Mag Codex meant when he referred to "Zero-tech"?

I'm still wondering HOW the Sentients managed such a feat when their claim to fame seemed to be reactive immunization. Maybe it was just their own advancing sciences.

I'm also wondering what the hell Alarez and his people did to those ships to get them to work without having the proper clearance, and why his "symmetry was off". The particular bit about his eyes being dull ALSO interests me, especially due to the talk of Golden Irises in the Crewman Synth.

I'd imagine the Orokin did use at least some void-stuff in order to enhance themselves. If something so powerful and manipulate-able is at their hands, and at their fingertips, why wouldn't they use it to some extent upon themselves?

I'd imagine the Orokin did use at least some void-stuff in order to enhance themselves. If something so powerful and manipulate-able is at their hands, and at their fingertips, why wouldn't they use it to some extent upon themselves?

Aye, though one wonders: why? What did it give them?

They don't to demonstrate any abnormal abilities, like the Tenno do, nor does it seem that it was the source of their increased lifespan, as modern Corpus and even the Queens, Teshin, Stalker, have lived incredibly long lives seemingly without any access to it - that we've had mentioned, at least - so those seems to just be regular genetics. Even the symmetry bit I'd think would be from careful genetic engineering rather than anything mystical - though perhaps the inherent strangeness of the newborn Queens from the Kuria might attest to the contrary?

Could it be Oro was the means by which they gained pure immortality? Consume Oro and live forever? Though, if it DOES have something to do with their eyes, it might be that the effects were temporary and Oro had to be consumed to keep it up. Or perhaps even their physical appearances could be remolded through the use of Oro? Made into perfection however they wished?

Edited by Morec0

The idea i am presenting is that they made this requirement after their girst loss against the sentients.

Aye, and I fully agree, but as the Excalibur Codex said "the more advanced we became, the greater our losses" so it seems this little security measure didn't work - also fitting in with "zero tech" being used by the Soldier by the time the Tenno we being shot out to Tau by the Orokin to fight.

I'm just providing further supporting claims to back up the thought, analyzing it against previous information.

Edited by Morec0

Aye, though one wonders: why? What did it give them?

They don't to demonstrate any abnormal abilities, like the Tenno do, nor does it seem that it was the source of their increased lifespan, as modern Corpus and even the Queens, Teshin, Stalker, have lived incredibly long lives seemingly without any access to it - that we've had mentioned, at least - so those seems to just be regular genetics. Even the symmetry bit I'd think would be from careful genetic engineering rather than anything mystical - though perhaps the inherent strangeness of the newborn Queens from the Kuria might attest to the contrary?

Could it be Oro was the means by which they gained pure immortality? Consume Oro and live forever? Though, if it DOES have something to do with their eyes, it might be that the effects were temporary and Oro had to be consumed to keep it up. Or perhaps even their physical appearances could be remolded through the use of Oro? Made into perfection however they wished?

I'm not entirely sure what it'd give them. Possibly intellect? Insight? Farsight?

In my own personalized theory, I believe Void Energies/Oro can be used as a bit of genetic therapy/specification, per-say, at least in this instance.

By enhancing your genes with Slight-Void Energies/Oro, you can enhance yourself, and your life-span. But by doing so, it needs to be constantly consumed or else you either die, or start to decay.

Consuming Oro also can include that. But by doing so your DNA/Gene's could become highly unstable, and requires a constant supply or else, as I said, you start to decay from the gene-level up, may be slow at first or fast, I'm not sure.

Since appearances and other abilities come from Genes, and can be enhanced through gene-manipulation, I'd imagine Oro can be used in this sense as well.

Thanks toxic.

Well its an empty theory but could it be possible that the descambler was already used once on a dead enginus which allowed him to move the ship?

But having a dead sample might have only allowed partial access, hence why he needed bilsa dna.

Im also thinking that the alarez took thw clothes as a disguise maybe, it would explain the eye colour and the symmetry problem.

I'm not entirely sure what it'd give them. Possibly intellect? Insight? Farsight?

In my own personalized theory, I believe Void Energies/Oro can be used as a bit of genetic therapy/specification, per-say, at least in this instance.

By enhancing your genes with Slight-Void Energies/Oro, you can enhance yourself, and your life-span. But by doing so, it needs to be constantly consumed or else you either die, or start to decay.

Consuming Oro also can include that. But by doing so your DNA/Gene's could become highly unstable, and requires a constant supply or else, as I said, you start to decay from the gene-level up, may be slow at first or fast, I'm not sure.

Since appearances and other abilities come from Genes, and can be enhanced through gene-manipulation, I'd imagine Oro can be used in this sense as well.

Yes, yes that makes sense. Would explain the implied sort of wilting of Alarez's appearance, perhaps even give a little more than mere psychological backing to the reason the Orokin's descendants (and Bilsa herself) didn't see themselves as Orokin anymore - they physically weren't, they were physically rotting and losing everything about them that made it.

That might also have spent up the process of the deterioration of Bilsa's genes, hence why even Grineer females are as rotten and malformed as their comparatively-worse-genetically male counterparts; eventually her genes simply went as sour as the Grineer's because of withdrawal.

I wonder if it's possible that, without Oro, over time the genes of even an Executor might have become unrecognizable to the genetic security on their technology - then again, even when faced with the possibility of creating a new generation of Sectarus, Alarez saw the Empire as being over... Though, I wonder what the Executorial was... Clearly related to the Executors, was it just a ship name? Kinda sounds like it could be one.

So on the topic of Bilsa, Veytok, and the class rankings~ o -o

I think Bilsa and Veytok's descendant clone might very well be still alive.

If Veytok is still alive he's probably under direct command from the Queens.

As for Bilsa I think she might kind of hint towards Kela De Thaym a little~ ;O

Anyways they got the labs and the Orokin ship~ 

And they also have Bilsa to use those for them~

Bilsa being with Veytok for so long may have developed some Stockholm Syndrome from being held prisoner for so long~ They might be best friends now~ o 3o

Also Veytok sounds really huge~ o -o 

Hearing his name makes me think of other names like: Vor, Vay Hek, Vem Tabook~ Can't wait to meet Veytok~ I just know we'll love him! ;D

Yes, yes that makes sense. Would explain the implied sort of wilting of Alarez's appearance, perhaps even give a little more than mere psychological backing to the reason the Orokin's descendants (and Bilsa herself) didn't see themselves as Orokin anymore - they physically weren't, they were physically rotting and losing everything about them that made it.

That might also have spent up the process of the deterioration of Bilsa's genes, hence why even Grineer females are as rotten and malformed as their comparatively-worse-genetically male counterparts; eventually her genes simply went as sour as the Grineer's because of withdrawal.

I wonder if it's possible that, without Oro, over time the genes of even an Executor might have become unrecognizable to the genetic security on their technology - then again, even when faced with the possibility of creating a new generation of Sectarus, Alarez saw the Empire as being over... Though, I wonder what the Executorial was... Clearly related to the Executors, was it just a ship name? Kinda sounds like it could be one.

Exactly! They weren't what made them what they are.

Exactly. What made her what she is only kept up for so long, until it eventually ran out. The less Oro, the less of her rank, and the less of her genetic superiority. Eventually she became just like everyone/everything(Grineer) else, withered and decaying, old and and decrepit.

I'd imagine so. The higher count of Oro in the Orokin's genes gave a sense of their superiority, I'd imagine. Of course that does give some loopholes/problems, it could be a genetic type of deal where only certain genes can hold certain types/amounts of Oro in that sense, so it isn't exploited.

Not entirely sure what the Executorial is, to be honest. Does sound like a ships name, or it could be a very special rank, not sure.

Exactly! They weren't what made them what they are.

Exactly. What made her what she is only kept up for so long, until it eventually ran out. The less Oro, the less of her rank, and the less of her genetic superiority. Eventually she became just like everyone/everything(Grineer) else, withered and decaying, old and and decrepit.

I'd imagine so. The higher count of Oro in the Orokin's genes gave a sense of their superiority, I'd imagine. Of course that does give some loopholes/problems, it could be a genetic type of deal where only certain genes can hold certain types/amounts of Oro in that sense, so it isn't exploited.

Not entirely sure what the Executorial is, to be honest. Does sound like a ships name, or it could be a very special rank, not sure.

If so then how much Oro do you think Tenno have?

I mean it must be a lot since they created us out of desperation. Like they could of dumped all their "Oro" into us and begged us to win the war for them that they weren't even sure if they were going to win~

Orokin Technology being reliant on genetics/bio signatures makes the relationship between the infested/Orokin/Sentients make more sense, to me at least.

A lot of people believe the Sentients can shape shift, so it doesnt seem like a stretch that they could alter their dna/genetic make up in the process, which would allow them to match the genetics of high ranking Orokin. It wouldnt be hard to take over Orokin tech at that point.

A lot of us always wondered why you would send a bio threat to fight off what we would have believed up until now was a technology threat. But if all this tech and such were reliant on genetics this whole time then creating a genetic foe like the infested would make sense. Infested warp the sentients and make them unable to access Orokin tech?

Well at least thats how i see it, I dont exactly know where the Tenno fit in there.

Aye, and I fully agree, but as the Excalibur Codex said "the more advanced we became, the greater our losses" so it seems this little security measure didn't work - also fitting in with "zero tech" being used by the Soldier by the time the Tenno we being shot out to Tau by the Orokin to fight.

I'm just providing further supporting claims to back up the thought, analyzing it against previous information.

The excalibur codex is what I am talking about when referencing their first loss against the sentients. Don't know how It couldn't be more obvious that I was referring to after the Orokin having realized that Sentients can take over technology already, figuring this out having lost the war against them originally. Its clear from codex that they did not stop using tech completely in spite of Sentients being able to take over tech. So I hypothesize that the specific bio signature requirement may factor.

Edited by UrielColtan

Thanks toxic.

Well its an empty theory but could it be possible that the descambler was already used once on a dead enginus which allowed him to move the ship?

But having a dead sample might have only allowed partial access, hence why he needed bilsa dna.

Im also thinking that the alarez took thw clothes as a disguise maybe, it would explain the eye colour and the symmetry problem.

Why would it be assumed that the sample was dead, where can that even be inferred? I think it just means that an Enginus is lower ranking than a Sectarus, Bilsa seemed to imply that, so Alarez wanted her DNA to gain more control of things.

Edited by UrielColtan

Thats not stated anywhere. The infested were in use by Orokin already. They caused their own downfall, just like how they lost control of the Grineer. Going by Corrupted Ancient synth, a Tenno(Who are referred to as the betrayers by this point) is also implied to have taken out an army of infested. And according to Once Awake, the infestation had been wiped out for centuries (or contained in the case of Lephantis) until Dr Tengus started playing with infested research. So if anything, it is likely that Lotus got rid of the problem in the first place.

Edited by UrielColtan