The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thought

(PSN)CaulusOuranos

Remember Mirage's quest, Hidden Messages? Well, a thought came to me. Remember how Original Mirage died? When the quest came out, there was nothing to weigh it against, but now that several updates have released and things got added, I found something a little odd.

Doesn't Mirage's death sound like what would happen if you used the synthesis scanner on something?

If so, would that mean that there are still non-Lotus related Orokin loyal Tenno still running around?

Wouldn't it also mean that we just recently Killed the Original Chroma?

Thoughts?

Edited by (PS4)CaulusOuranos

For one, that Mirage died in the Old war, second it seems clear that she died from a devastating attack that was blinding and merely left nothing behind, like she was completely blown away and turned to ash. Not some synthesis scan.

And mirage seemed pretty chummy with Lotus from the memories not her enemy.

As for Chroma, that was being controlled by an outside force and was probably hollow.

Edited by UrielColtan

My issue is with the Gersemi skin. It's "pre-corpus". But Warframes are simply suits we wear now. Why would they mass produce a tortured and mutilated Valkyr suit? Why not just model the suit after the original valkyr

Oooor every Valkyr that isn't using the skin was mutilated by Alad V.

My issue is with the Gersemi skin. It's "pre-corpus". But Warframes are simply suits we wear now. Why would they mass produce a tortured and mutilated Valkyr suit? Why not just model the suit after the original valkyr

That's what I'm saying. I don't mind a lack of lore because of the first devstream, but if they're going to have something, they have to keep it logical.

I don't know if my logic is spot on but since we rely of blueprints provided from bosses to make warframes we can only really manufacture what is provided to us. In the case of valkyr, we only ever acquired the data for the butchered post-corpus version and as such its the only version we are capable of creating. If we were to ever hope to create the pre-corpus valkyr we'd need to find an original valkyr untouched by the corpus to create it from, which has yet to happen. In the case of the skin itself, it could just be a case of us knowing what it looks like but not the core mechanics that gave her abilities, or just a general dismissal of lore since cosmetics haven't always been loyal to the games actual lore. (proto and nemesis are just callouts to a previous game and has nothing to do with this game's universe)

Why would they mass produce a tortured and mutilated Valkyr suit? Why not just model the suit after the original valkyr

1) They might have lost the original Gersemi designs

2) As for why use mangled Valkyr at all? Well, self-flagellation, a bit of ritualistic pain in order to respect the fallen Tenno who was original!Valkyr

The idea that we mass produce every frame as it is, is speculative, it's possible that skins used can be mere visual place holders as opposed to literal mass production of that very skin. This is still a game and not every gaming interface and utitlity will be literal in regard to lore.

Edited by UrielColtan

The Corpus don't plan on mass producing Warframes. Valkyr has a tortured appearance due to being the victim of cruel research and torture, in a possible attempt to reverse-engineer her, similar to how the Corpus does with Orokin tech.

Edited by Rahetalius

Enlighten me on how your supposition that someone mass-produced tortured and mutilated Valkyr suits is better.

His point was actually that there was only one mutilated (and deceased) Valkyr, as opposed to the alternate theory that Alad V mutilated some 16 million Valkyrs

His point was actually that there was only one mutilated (and deceased) Valkyr, as opposed to the alternate theory that Alad V mutilated some 16 million Valkyrs

I can hardly see how she would be deceased when she was specifically stated to having escaped.

In a game where an Ice shield blocks bullets. An Ice Barrier you can WALK through.

Because space magic, that's why. Also, How do you know whether or not synthesis scanning involves heat?

Synthesis isn't blinding. You realize Mirage was fighting sentients right? The assault lined up quite well with the assault in the Lancer synthesis lore. Edited by UrielColtan