Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Bothered By Changyou?

Jamescell

What I was lead to believe was that Umbra, Nilkana Prime, Kunai Prime and Wukong were to be the only timed exclusives and from that point on, they would join the global build (at least in terms of released content) and getting things at the same time. But now I find myself being confused as to what is actually going to be the truth.

From what I understand is Umbra Prime, Nikana Prime, and Kuni prime are Chinese founder exclusives. Umbra PRIME will not be available to the global build just like Excal Prime is not available to the Chinese build. Nikana & Kuni prime will find their way to Global build, and so will Excal Umbra, the first of a new series of frames. Wukong has been said to come after u18 and the archer frame. Probably 18.5, and Nezha is still indev (I think)

In the beginning I had mixed feelings, but as more info was giving I was glad as well. From what we've seen of Wukong, he looks like he's going to be lots of fun, and Nezha from the lore seems like good warframe material. Not to mention because of "Star Armor" we're getting a new series of frames called Umbra.

Exactly people forget without ChangYou we wouldn't be getting these frames.

Why should over 50% be based on Western Mythology?  What makes it inherently better than Eastern Mythology?

Better Quality? What are you talking about? Wukong looks far and away better than Atlas. Do you just hate Asians?

Personal insults will lower the value of your argument. Please refrain from that in the future.

And you should read my comment again. "50% CHINESE" I wasn't talking about the Orient as a whole.

Wukong is too boxy, edgy for my tastes. I'm not talking about teen "edgy". I'm talking about the frame's form being too edgy. Not smooth like most others. I can have my own personal preference.

Also, Wukong is not out yet. And yet again, I was talking about their items as a whole. Every chinese item that is currently here, in the making or in the future. I would welcome their works if they can let go of ONLY China related items and bump up the quality just a little.

EDIT: Lightsmith's respone sums up everything.

Edited by S3EK3R

Don't see why everyone is all up in a tizzy about China Frame.

More content is more content. And imo fun looking content. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to use Wu Kong and Ne Zha when they release. Neither are they with the Umbras. And plenty of people do like them.

Further more DE seems more than fine with it in streams.

I have no problem with A Chinese frame but if Warframe has a large amount of content focusing on a single country I'd be annoyed.

Umbra isn't created by Chang. DE made it and gave them early access.

It's frames with little or no mythological / real world connection vs ones heavily based on Chinese culture.

Excalibur - yup no, mythological connection there.  Why would a sword be in a stone?

Atlas, nope.  *shrugs*

Oberon . . . What's a fairy king?

Loki certainly isn't a god from western mythology, nope, DE invented the name.

Etc.

We have our own Global build and china has their own build on their side.
When the time is right and the full moon shines bright, DE and Changyou's content will cross over to each other.

And in the darkness ; bind them.

Not lore wise hopefully, that would make me sorta sick.

Edited by YasaiTsume

Its a separate game, it doesn't affect your gameplay in global warframe in any way. It's not as if Chinese players on global server get exclusive access to Changyou's items.(just because they are Chinese)

Stop being so butthurt about what a completely separate version of the game that is run by a separate team in a closed country gets.

Edited by kiteohatto

Excalibur - yup no, mythological connection there. Why would a sword be in a stone?

Atlas, nope. *shrugs*

Oberon . . . What's a fairy king?

Loki certainly isn't a god from western mythology, nope, DE invented the name.

Etc.

dude, Excalibur name alone. Atlas, named by players, etc.

You seem to think just because the name is western the whole frame is.

From what I understand is Umbra Prime, Nikana Prime, and Kuni prime are Chinese founder exclusives. Umbra PRIME will not be available to the global build just like Excal Prime is not available to the Chinese build. Nikana & Kuni prime will find their way to Global build, and so will Excal Umbra, the first of a new series of frames. Wukong has been said to come after u18 and the archer frame. Probably 18.5, and Nezha is still indev (I think)

Incorrect. All of which are coming to the global build. DE has already gone over this... multiple times.

Its a separate game, it doesn't affect your gameplay in global warframe in any way. It's not as if Chinese players on global server get exclusive access to Changyou's items.(just because they are Chinese)

Stop being so butthurt about what a completely separate version of the game that is run by a separate team in a closed country gets.

the issue is what is coming to the international version.

Umbra Prime, is just being renamed "Umbra" everything else about it is the same

Edited by Lightsmith

This xenophobia topic again.

None of the frames are even here yet, Changyou makes nothing, and their releases are all part of contract, not going behind DE's back.

Even Excalibur, Loki, etc aren't linked that close to what their name represents.

Those two you mentioned have nothing that distinct to them. If a frame came out that is named Thor on the other hand, its going to have a hammer.

Edited by UrielColtan

Incorrect. All of which are coming to the global build. DE has already gone over this... multiple times.

Form what I understand, Umbra PRIME will not be to the global build. That's the only thing that will not make it to the build. If I am incorrect please give a source so I can read it. But Im fairly sure they mentioned that Excal UMBRA is a non-primed version of said frame

I don't understand how people can say that these frames don't mesh with the style of Warframe. I thought it was pretty clear about the time that we got Mesa and Limbo that there is no cohesive theme. The frames are all over the place in design and theme ranging from swordsman to cowgirl to magician to clown to gods and godesses to a fire breathing anteater.

From reading what was the issue that some players had was that the difference is between a trickster, a magician, cowgirl, dualism vs. a straight up character like Wukong. In order for the Chinese Warframes to align the design of the rest of the Warframes, Wukong would have to be something like ' the staff warrior ' - theme instead of ' Wukong ' - as the theme, which could be possible considering it has over 200 (300?) abilities, 4 of which I am sure has to do with the staff itself. If that was too confusing for you, let me put it this way: The difference is between a Spider themed Warframe, and a Spiderman. One is a theme, and the second is an established character.

the issue is what is coming to the international version.

What is coming to our version ?

The umbra stuff, wukong and that archer frame ?

The content is clearly designed by DE which then gets send to Changyou, it's just that Changyou doesn't have to follow the same release order as global frame.

They can do whatever they want with their content, in their own version of the game.

Players here(in global) are just so greedy, impatient and entitled that they are just looking for ways to find something to complain about/someone to blame for the stuff that they might not like personally.(frame themes and aesthetics).

There is no issue. People just want it be an issue and get free stuff quicker.

Edited by kiteohatto

Also incorrect. Umbra Excalibur Prime is not coming to the global build.

That's what I thought.

All of it. The only thing not coming to the global build is Excal Umbra Prime. And Archer frame is coming to global build first, as it's the frame to be included in u18

Edit: I thought I would mention that all the Chinese stuff has a MINIMUM exclusion duration of 30 days, but that doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be released so soon.

Edited by Censium

I know, but what i meant was that it was my original belief that these items were the only timed exclusives there would ever be. Instead it seems that what they actually meant was the the China-Frame will be at least 1 month ahead of everyone else from now on should the trend be what it seems to be.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Form what I understand, Umbra PRIME will not be to the global build. That's the only thing that will not make it to the build. If I am incorrect please give a source so I can read it. But Im fairly sure they mentioned that Excal UMBRA is a non-primed version of said frame

My understanding is that the difference is in name alone

From reading what was the issue that some players had was that the difference is between a trickster, a magician, cowgirl, dualism vs. a straight up character like Wukong. In order for the Chinese Warframes to align the design of the rest of the Warframes, Wukong would have to be something like ' the staff warrior ' - theme instead of ' Wukong ' - as the theme, which could be possible considering it has over 200 (300?) abilities, 4 of which I am sure has to do with the staff itself. If that was too confusing for you, let me put it this way: The difference is between a Spider themed Warframe, and a Spiderman. One is a theme, and the second is an established character.

That is a pretty ridiculous argument. The Wukong frame is no more Wukong than Loki is the norse god or Excalibur is a sword. Their kits are inspired by the lore they come from. This has been true of many of the frames with mythological roots.

I know, but what i meant was that it was my original belief that these items were the only timed exclusives there would ever be. Instead it seems that what they actually meant was the the China-Frame will be at least 1 month ahead of everyone else from now on should the trend be what it seems to be.

Not one month ahead. They will receive some content before us and some after. If you look at their build they actually currently have far less content than us.

Edited by xRufus7x

My understanding is that the difference is in name alone

As far as I know, the stats will be the same, and will have the same design, but won't have the prime 'bits'

Edit:

I'm sorry I misunderstood you. Yes, Chinese items with be exclusive to china for 30 days minimum.

Edited by Censium

The content is clearly designed by DE which then gets send to Changyou, it's just that Changyou doesn't have to follow the same release order as global frame.

They can do whatever they want with their content, in their own version of the game.

Players here(in global) are just so greedy, impatient and entitled that they are just looking for ways to find something to complain about/someone to blame for the stuff that they might not like personally.(frame themes and aesthetics).

There is no issue. People just want it be an issue and get free stuff quicker.

Ready my earlier posts. It isn't what IS coming (Archer frame isn't coming from china) its a concern about a possible trend. Don't call me greedy or entitled, you don't know you're talking about.