Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Is U18 Really Coming Before The End Of November, Or Am I Getting This Wrong?

Monsterwithin

Question

15 answers to this question

At first I was doubtful, but now I'm starting to realize why U18 will definitely launch by the end of November. Basically, the timeline.

The two weeks following U18 (the 1st and 2nd weeks of December) will be devoted to bug fixes and tweaks. We know that there will be a lot of them after a major update, and there will be bugs that make the new content unplayable, exploits to be taken advantage of, and general holes that need patching. This is pretty much a given.

The two weeks following this (the 3rd and 4th weeks of December) the devs will take off for the holidays. Face it, they need to spend time with their families and unwind too. Can't hold this against them.

Therefore, if U18 doesn't launch during the last week of November, it won't launch in 2015 at all. The devs don't want this hanging over their heads while they're on vacation; it would torture them to know they're so close to launching and then just call it quits.

If they have to shed half the content they promised for U18 they will - but I'm confident it will launch in some form at the end of November.

Other way around. Archer is 1st and then wukong. Devs said that on last 62 devstream ;)

Exactly. So there's higher probability that Archer comes out in November (would make sense, since last released frame is male, wouldn't it?) and Wukong should be released by the end of the year.

At first I was doubtful, but now I'm starting to realize why U18 will definitely launch by the end of November. Basically, the timeline.

The two weeks following U18 (the 1st and 2nd weeks of December) will be devoted to bug fixes and tweaks. We know that there will be a lot of them after a major update, and there will be bugs that make the new content unplayable, exploits to be taken advantage of, and general holes that need patching. This is pretty much a given.

The two weeks following this (the 3rd and 4th weeks of December) the devs will take off for the holidays. Face it, they need to spend time with their families and unwind too. Can't hold this against them.

Therefore, if U18 doesn't launch during the last week of November, it won't launch in 2015 at all. The devs don't want this hanging over their heads while they're on vacation; it would torture them to know they're so close to launching and then just call it quits.

If they have to shed half the content they promised for U18 they will - but I'm confident it will launch in some form at the end of November.

icDAk.gif