Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Majority Of Witcher 3 Devs Working On Cyberpunk 2077

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/majority-of-witcher-3-studio-now-making-cyberpunk-2077/

While there is a sizable team working on the Witcher 3 expansions, there's an even larger team working on the Cyberpunk 2077 game. 

Practically nothing is known about the game aside from this teaser trailer:

The dev team originally released this teaser to see the reactions from their playerbase, and because of how excited they were, they decided to begin work on the project.

Also here's some Bloodborne: The Old Hunters footage

Much hype. Very excite.

Didnt Witcher 3 have some lethal bugs upon release?

Even so, they quickly talked out to the community and fixed bugs as well as adding a lot of free content, extra quests and stuff. PC also got a lot of QoL improvements to its UI, controls, movement and they added new small features here and there.

The buggines wasn't major, like the game deleting itself but even in its first release without any patches, on PC I did not experience anything crazy and it was playable. Not the mention the very quality of the game was insanely good, voice acting, animations etc...

<3 CD Projekt Red

I honestly cannot wait to see what they do with this game, I am not familiar with the universe or anything it is set in (if it is) but I am hoping for some damn good characters and political vs street issues and ethical problems.

One thing that bugs me about CDPR is the amount of praise they get for their "free DLC". Yes, some of it is quality free content, good on them, but a new game + option? Seriously? That could have been put into an update. While they did some cool stuff with their lack of small paid DLCs, they took things that could have very easily been included in free updates and make them separate downloads just to benefit from the "free dlc" buzzwords.

One thing that bugs me about CDPR is the amount of praise they get for their "free DLC". Yes, some of it is quality free content, good on them, but a new game + option? Seriously? That could have been put into an update. While they did some cool stuff with their lack of small paid DLCs, they took things that could have very easily been included in free updates and make them separate downloads just to benefit from the "free dlc" buzzwords.

Kinda seems like a small thing to harp on really. 

If it was paid or included in one of the expansions, I'd be concerned but it's not really a big deal.

Kinda seems like a small thing to harp on really. 

If it was paid or included in one of the expansions, I'd be concerned but it's not really a big deal.

Yeah, it is a small thing. Still bugs me. People be all "dey did free dlc" and I just can't help saying "yeah, but..."

As far as i remember Marcin mentioned, that the work on CP 2077 will start after they finish with the last W3 expansion. Im not sure if they changed something but im pretty interested in this piece. Even in the last seconds of the trailer where the flickering appears there is a "hidden text" about it.

To the bugs, so far i encountered only 3 bugs in my 3 complete walkthroughs yes 3. "ministry of silly walks" , 1x neverending loading and multiplication of stats, but all these bugs have been fixed in the next patches. Only consoles had more problems with bugs.

To the free DLCs, name some companies who released weekly free content to bought singleplayer game. The NG+ option was not taken as free DLC option by the devs, but the community had demand so they made another DLC and it was the NG+. Another thing i like about W3 is, that you got the full game, not 75% of the original content and the remaining 25% were sold in "cheap" DLC, exansions like other companies do. The sales showed that their decision to not include any kind of protection was right, they sold over 4M phiysical copies in first 4 weeks even when you could easily download any "pirated" version.

In short undercut the witcher 3 was the best piece i have ever played and im pretty sure it will stay there for a long time until other companies how a good game should be done, and how the content should be distibuted to the consumers. Im not going to create a flame discussion but NFS, CoD, BF are only squeezing everything possible from its original name and the fans/enthusiast will still continue supporting them aynway no matter what happens. While we witcher fans have been waiting some years to finish the saga, and i have to say its better then getting a new version each year.

I've played and ran many sessions of Cyberpunk 2020, the table top RPG, that Cyberpunk 2077 is based on. And I can say, this is pretty much CDProject Reds to mess up. Becuase it is a solid game that had distilled the best of the cyberpunk genre into one setting.

I even wrote an expansion for the game, years ago, but was too late. Mike and Lisa Pondsmith had already moved the game forward to the less well received Cyberpunk V.3. That will almost certainly have nothing to do with the game, fortunalty.

From what I gathered, by the blogs and Mike Pondsmith interview, they are basing it off of CP 2020 and adding a large dose of blade runner too it. Combine that with the storytelling, and world building of CDProject Red, and you have a promising IP. A little harder to tell is how series they are committed to the IP. CDProject Red, has a good reputation and they did pick a virtually dead IP out becuase they are patio ate about it. A good sign. Not like they are grabbing a known IP to make a cynical cash grab.

Also interesting is how CDProject Red said they plan too intergrate the RPG elements from the original table top game.

Notable features:

The Life Path - a background system for quickly developing a sense of history and flavor for your character.

The Friday Night Fire Fight - the combat system in Cyberpunk 2020 was more realistic and brutal then your average game. They referenced real FBI after action reports as a basis de the system. If you are used to boxing matches with broadswords, this game will be a rude awakening for you.

Cybernetic Augmentation - the original Cyberpunk was published in the mid 1980s, but Cyberpunk 2020 was published in 1990. The breadth of cybernetic augmentations available was great, but it came at a cost. Cyberpychosis, a general term for a veriety of mental affliction one can possibly develop. This is a clear feature of the teaser video.

The Setting - Night City is the Casablanca of the Cyberpunk world. It is a painstakingly detailed and realized location. The rest of the world is also well thought out as realized. In the Cyberpunk 2020 setting historical events began to diverge in the 1990s, with a series of ill fated wars ad envirmentsl catastrophes leading to the eventua collapse of the United States. By 2020, a greatly deminished US is mostly beholden to mega corporations, that run with near impunity. Have of the surviving have of Americans are considered zeroes (non persons) and many of those survive and roaming packs of nomads.

The Classes - I always loved the classes in Cyberpunk.

Solo - The professional gun for hire. After years of war and corporate battlefields, the solo has risen as a new class of warrior, some brandishing a code of conduct. A modern day street Samurai in a world desperately in need of champions. Not necessarily heroes, a solo picks their contract by a personal criteria, not for mere money.

Netrunner - Imagine the cyberspace as a physics place. Digital avatar representation for every .com in the world. Now imagine your their flying at the speed of thought, at behind the 3D manifestation of that firewall is your payday, just a hack away.

Cops - seen Robocop?

Media - watch Maxheadroom, becuase odds are you haven't.

Corp - it's Wallstreet in the dark future!

Nomads - After the collapse, nearly half the US population died of fled. Of the remaining half, half agian are considered zeroes. Outside the corporate propped government, unable or unwilling to include. Many of these zeroes roam the nation in massive packs called, nomads. However, it is on the road that the nomads experience more freedom than any privileged American knows, free of most cynical campaigns to control and ring from citizens their labor and their labores spoils. Nomads, represent the memory of what being an American used to be.

Several more, equally interesting classes remain.

I anxiously await Cyberpunk 2077. If it has even a shred of the competency of the Witcher series and any of the core CP2020 in it, I will be very happy.