Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Be Worry About My Pc Temperature ?

bad4youLT

so I have this new rig ( both it 8 months ago ) 8gb ram , i5 4460 cpu and nvidia 770 zotac amp .

I bouth so what I could be able to play Star Citizen , from what I heard its demanding game ( I played it on low settings 1600x900 ) .

I noticed when playing alpha my pc fan started to be loud and over all pc started to feel wormer , so I downloaded simple program what moniters temperatures and after about 1h of gameplay I checked and it showed this :

GPU - 80 C

CPU - ( all 4 cores ) 70 C

but what realy bother me is this Nuvoton NCT6779D , 3 of its 6 temperatures reading jumped to 110 C , should I be worryed ?

Pardon my english .

My CPU on highest stress scratches 60, I can probably push it to 70 if I start rendering stuff on all 8 cores.

My GPU even lower than that, almost never really bothers with most games.

I'd say anything up to 80 is fine, but is the room it is in warm? Try to keep it cool..

110 C degrees is very high, you're reaching a danger zone and your components might fail. Also keep in mind other components, if your CPU/GPU don't fail, then your PSU might also face equal strain as well as capacitors and whatnot on the motherboard itself.

Look into immediate improvements:

-Increasing airflow to your PC

-Limitting FPS in some games (to reduce strain on CPU as it will likely go as high as possible)

-Cool your room, I live in the UK and just opening a window will bring the temperature down almost immediately to 16 C in the room so I'm good

-Clean fans of dust and add filters (if cannot afford, socks work, the silky female ones don't know their name...)

Do however consider getting some actually good fans. It took me the hard way to learn to look after my PC, last year my PSU failed....

well, a laptop i owned burned out the graphic card over the hot summer a few years ago.

and my current pc is also overheating, to the point it crashes the pc.

if stuff gets too hot, you may burn out ur components and they become forever useless.

70~80C is pretty toasty, but well within thermal limits.

GPUs tend to run a bit warmer than CPUs, and how much airflow you have (and the ambient room temperature) can cause temperatures to fluctuate/be higher than normal.

Aftermarket cooling and better thermal compound (i.e. thermal paste) is another option if you want to reduce temperatures.

Im not playing gamres right now and it shows what nuvoton is at 121 C , wait hows is this happening what is this nuvoton NCT6779D ?

Uhh, re-apply thermal paste?

Edit: There seems to be some problems with the Nuvoton NCT6779D Sensor after googling. Probably a mis-reading, but more research is needed.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

abnormally hot imo, clean your PC from inside and see if it helps. Dust can cause problems.

Heh, that reminds me of my flatmates PC, I wish i had a photo. He pulled off the dust guard from the fan for some stupid reason. And about 3 months later he opened it up to clean it out for a LAN, and it was absolutely caked in dust. Looked like the inside of a vacuum cleaner, I kid you not, one of my mates PC that he hadn't opened the case from the time he bought it 5 years ago was cleaner inside.

Heh, that reminds me of my flatmates PC, I wish i had a photo. He pulled off the dust guard from the fan for some stupid reason. And about 3 months later he opened it up to clean it out for a LAN, and it was absolutely caked in dust. Looked like the inside of a vacuum cleaner, I kid you not, one of my mates PC that he hadn't opened the case from the time he bought it 5 years ago was cleaner inside.

I gues it is mis-reading , I mean I had my pc powerd off for 11h when turned it on let it idle for 15 mins and it shows 122 C , dam got me worried alot , Im looking at my pc right now and I dont hear anything cooking .