Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember...broken Warframe Of The Year?

-Ozymandias-

I guess OP needs a little good old spanking from Ember herself!

queen_of_butts_by_panzerthetank-d6i636j.

I played Ember before she was buffed and she was still doing quite good. 

Accelerant is her best skill IMO. 

Just because you went on some Extermination mission and some Ember "stole" all your kills (this game is primarily PvE, for clem's sake), you suddenly have a lot of salt in your mouth and complain that she is broken.

No. Just no.

It may sound a bit harsh but I'm personally just sick of people complaining about these kind of things without actually understanding how a frame works. If you have actually played Ember for an extensive period of time and understand how she works you will know she is anything but broken.  

Edited by Susanooh

You do realize that they just removed the timer and changed how efficiency works, right?

Fire is still S#&$ for anything armored/shielded and level 40+, which is just a longer version of "f**king everything" ( except infested, I guess. And they got massive health at higher levels along with CC and energy drain ).

if ever ember need more buffs,..she needs dmg multiplier on WOF

her dmg fall off quickly with in 20 minutes of survival then u need to constantly use accelerant and drain ur mana faster

if ever u wanna buff dmg and use max blind rage it also drains mana faster,,,

u cant even use max transient fortitude with out prime continuity coz its also drain mana fas..

the only thing that keeping ember user alive is that augment " fire quake" that knock down enemies but not killing it..

A buff was in order, Ember was one of the worst frames around.

But was the buff...a little bit too excessive??

All you Ember players, i know you love her now but be honest, doesn't it feel a little broken casting world on fire just once and then watching everything die for the rest of the mission with no effort?

Another of your whinge threads...

She is much more viable now as the glass cannon she was supposed to be - she can set the world on fire but shes squishy as hell. As for WoF how do you mod it? It NEEDS a buff in damage so power yeah? Yet you also want efficiency and duration... the augment for CC too. Your basically have to focus an entire loadout around it and making her less squishy.

Moral of the story is she far better now but nowhere top tier and lack of fire weapons in game still hurts her. Shes fun to play but hard to mod for and noobs will have nowhere near as such success with her as experienced fully modded players will. Ember Prime being vaulted also doesnt help.

Mesa's change was justified in the sense that it was to simplistic to hit 4, press Fire and just auto-target all enemies that came in range.

Ember presses 4, retains full control over her regular weapons, can still move around, doesn't have to press Fire, and auto-targets all enemies in range even through walls. And while moving you keep picking up energy to keep going.

Power and performance besides, it is a very simplistic ability much more than Peacemaker was, so surely it will need to get changed as well right?

Edited by Terrahero

Mesa's change was justified in the sense that it was to simplistic to hit 4, press Fire and just auto-target all enemies that came in range.

Ember presses 4, retains full control over her regular weapons, can still move around, doesn't have to press Fire, and auto-targets all enemies in range even through walls. And while moving you keep picking up energy to keep going.

Power and performance besides, it is a very simplistic ability that will surely need to get changed.

Mesa was auto botting a 360 degree mass radius with mass damage, as long as it was sustained with shatter shield and energy even on ceres she could god mode. WoF tickles high lvl enemies so you have to get the augment because if her fire doesnt stop them shes as good as dead - you can run WoF with full modded setup with likes of Primed Flow etc but shes too squishy and the need to make it a CC, long duration build hurts its ability to pack a punch. Truth is shes still bad idea to high tier missions vs alternatives but at least shes not in the bottom 3 anymore.

I think people are so used to her being crap their hurting shes actually got a buff, is she a god on earth or mars? Yeah but even Rhino is down there... shes gonna still get wrecked on pluto, same as ever.

Ember WoF really isn't about damage at all. You mod her for CC and damage is just a bonus.

Get your facts straight. Ember is fine as is right now, her 4 isn't even remotely close to the OP-factor of other frames, she needs a careful playstyle and WoF with augment and max efficiency and range fits this playstyle well, disabling enemies so you can get close to cast high damage abilities. I think it's a great buff, and makes Ember viable enough for a large amount of mission/mission lengths. Indirectly, WoF being a strong CC is very good synergy with her 1/2/3 skills as well. If anything this change is a stroke of genius, you just fail to see it.

Edited by V4YR4

Firequake augment changes everything.

She's my new favorite frame, and has the best CC in the game.

I have maxed efficiency, +15 strength, base range, and -17 duration. Redirection and vitality with handspring.

Took about 4 for a after I forma'd for energy siphon, but she is definitely end game with her augment

Before OP goes any further into this seemingly nonsense-driven nerf-call thread, I have to ask:

Why are you making this thread?

What objective data do you have to offer regarding the subject?

What subjective views do you have to reinforce your objective data?

Because you literally said Ember ultimate was 'over-buffed' and provided nothing. Anyone could type the same crap about Excalibur for example, and without citing their facts most people would view them negatively.

+1

@OP if you have ....  come and answer

I like how the OP is quietly lurking and reading the responses and realizing how wrong and petty he is.

In the meantime, why don't we talk about Valkyr's Hysteria since technically it does break the game. But oh wait, it's OP's main frame so obviously that can't be broken.

lol

Edited by AxialBlue

Yes, she's pretty easy going in low to mid level missions, but outclassed by pretty much every frame at higher levels.

If anything is needed to be done, it's making her skills scale properly.

One of the idea's I had for Ember to scale up, was being able to increase the damage of Fire Blast (fire ring) by shooting it with Fireballs.

So each fireball could increase its damage by x2, for example.

Skill synergy is always fun.

Not to mention, she could become a good Frost partner. (The ancient Fire x Ice combo).

Snow Globe > Amplified Fire Blast around it > Inferno Snow Globe