Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bite Of The Kubrow - Gorgon

Kickasskyle

Hey Everyone, I don't post a lot of the WF forums, mainly lurk so here goes.

I decided to make a Grineer styled skin, The theme around it is sort of what I imagine the more 'artistic' grineer do. Pick something that thing is scary/formidable as hell to them (Enter a feral kubrow/tenno kubrow) then Etch/Weld/Hammer/Slice/Paint whatever design takes their fancy.

I tried to keep it as close to the grineer style as possible, so no over the top emissives or turning it into a space ship.

Enter the skin:

LiFouc3.png

CaAEUvE.png

Here's the Workshop Link, it has more pics in it.

eJQWP5i.png

What do you guys think?

Edited by Kickasskyle

I really hope this get picked because I want that quite badly now :D

Also great job! I wouldn't mind seeing a set of "Bite" themed weapons, or armour sets, or skins.

It's a shame I 'missed' the round of checks they were doing earlier today I guess. I'm glad you guys like it though, I had thought about doing the same style of skins for other things. Or around other themes.

It looks great. But on closer inspection doesn't it look like a dhrak?

I WANT IT.

It was originally going to be a dhrak, but then it slowly contorted into a kubrow when I was messing with the proportions, then I just went full on kubrow after dropping the tusks and going to town. The only dhrak bit that survived was the snout I guess.

It was originally going to be a dhrak, but then it slowly contorted into a kubrow when I was messing with the proportions, then I just went full on kubrow after dropping the tusks and going to town. The only dhrak bit that survived was the snout I guess.

Oh, ok then, but it still looks great.

It really reminds me of the mouths WW2 fighters had on their noses to freak out opponents.

at least that's what I assume they were for. 

btw the actual  the skin you made looks great, and if it were in game id spend plat on it for sure.

Edited by Agentcheese

It really reminds me of the mouths WW2 fighters had on their noses to freak out opponents.

at least that's what I assume they were for. 

btw the actual  the skin you made looks great, and if it were in game id spend plat on it for sure.

It actually only dawned on me after the fact when I was asking for criticism from some friends, then one of them sends me a picture of the livery of an A-10 in reference to what I had done. Thanks for the words of encouragement btw.

I love it =) maybe try throw it on a normal map too and see if that changes anything, it would look wicked with height info

It's all already been normal mapped, you can distinctly tell by how it catches the light on the 'flat surface'. Try looking at one of the images a bit closer eg: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/400053111080358091/13DE44372EEDD4183660946D4A61070563B13ECA/

That said I did notice the thumbnailed link to the largest image in the OP linked to another thumbnail, so I fixed that.

it's also always a lot easier to see on a moving model thought imo.

Edited by Kickasskyle