Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Player Made Fomorians

(PSN)Harbinger1997

4 hours ago, (PS4)Harbinger1997 said:

Speaking of help, do any of you know how (if possible) I could change the title of this? "Player Constructed Warships" would be a bit more accurate

Player constructed well, formorians doesn't make sense...since it's more of a clan/alliance type thing...

Isn't more of a clan or alliance thing? 

So Likewise

"Darksector/NAV3.0 addition: Alliance/Clan Formorians"

I'm not sure if this is darksector based or dojo based on nodes likewise navigation 3.0

Alliance/Clan is variable....pick one I suppose.

Meh, I should think that both Alliances and Clans could participate, just maybe not in the same battles, as that would be an incredible cloud of foes that would crash even the sturdiest of servers

2 hours ago, Magnulast said:

Player constructed well, formorians doesn't make sense...since it's more of a clan/alliance type thing...

Isn't more of a clan or alliance thing? 

So Likewise

"Darksector/NAV3.0 addition: Alliance/Clan Formorians"

I'm not sure if this is darksector based or dojo based on nodes likewise navigation 3.0

Alliance/Clan is variable....pick one I suppose.

16 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

how about we change it to strongholds or we come up with a name for it as a whole also I would like it if it was more of a clan vs clan style fight where as many people can enter as possible and operate and defend.

Sounds like a good plan. Any ideas for an overall name more representative of the concept than 'Player Made Fomorians'?

On 4/10/2016 at 6:19 PM, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

oh also it should be based on the size of the clan like we have tournaments and they range based on the size of competing clans.

hmmmmmmmmm.Could you perhaps describe that in a bit more depth; how would that work? Would all clans come together for the final assault on Natah or Hunhow?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Harbinger1997 said:

hmmmmmmmmm.Could you perhaps describe that in a bit more depth; how would that work? Would all clans come together for the final assault on Natah or Hunhow?

huh no we can use your conept for more than just a quest. I'm saying we should have clan vs clan tournaments with giants strongholds and space battles so like rocket slime as I have said only more complex and awesome.

Ok, but does any one remember getting curb stomped by ash in dark sector? Getting jumped on repeatedly and having no choice in the matter? We need to be able to counter, block, cancel warframe abilities, possibly with our own energy, or something...

I'm not sure how he is balanced in conclave, no one has used him against me yet

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO

7 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Ok, but does any one remember getting curb stomped by ash in dark sector? Getting jumped on repeatedly and having no choice in the matter? We need to be able to counter, block, cancel warframe abilities, possibly with our own energy, or something...

Great point! This is why I introduced Chosen of Lotus and Chosen of Hunhow, who can cancel Warframe abilities in a radius, allowing their comrades safety as well. In addition, this would use starcraft which can easily circumvent warframe powers, and Golems, which are heavily armed against other warframes

Does that sound like a viable solution? Basically, imagine Battlefront, and Shadow of the Colossus

Ships and spacecraft as one stage, where the Fomorians are toward the back, and fighters mingle in the space between the titanic vessels.

One Titan that many must band together to destroy without the use of powers

On 4/12/2016 at 9:06 AM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Does that help?

Just now, (PS4)Harbinger1997 said:

Does that help?

Does what help? 0_o 

Well, picture it like this. This has happened to me before. You are in conclave, you turn a corner super fast and see two frosts battleing it out (applies to volt as well). one goes to cast avalanche. You get the heck out of dodge because that range is no joke, and you didn't stop to pay attention to what the frost on your team looks like or notice the little symbol on their head. Because you ran away, the frost who was casting avalanche got shot and killed and his attack didn't finish the enemy off, you could have, but you ran away, and we're murdered by an Excalibur. Now, it may just be that I am bad at conclave (hilariously so even, though I barely ever play it to practice) but it would help if I could somehow use my energy to block or limit the damage done by an ability if given proper time to react to the danger is was in.

16 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Does what help? 0_o 

Well, picture it like this. This has happened to me before. You are in conclave, you turn a corner super fast and see two frosts battleing it out (applies to volt as well). one goes to cast avalanche. You get the heck out of dodge because that range is no joke, and you didn't stop to pay attention to what the frost on your team looks like or notice the little symbol on their head. Because you ran away, the frost who was casting avalanche got shot and killed and his attack didn't finish the enemy off, you could have, but you ran away, and we're murdered by an Excalibur. Now, it may just be that I am bad at conclave (hilariously so even, though I barely ever play it to practice) but it would help if I could somehow use my energy to block or limit the damage done by an ability if given proper time to react to the danger is was in.

Yeaaah. Above I spoke of Golems and Chosen, both of whom, would have a protective radius around their teammates, and beyond that, so you don't have epic skills in conclave, oh well! I've suggested starfighters and cruisers, don't like ground based or archwing combat, now you've got the ability to use your Landing Craft, or other customized starcraft to battle on a massive scale; not even Excaliber can stop you there!

okay well I joined this because I had originally thought of a concept for player made dungeons well I called them strongholds and in strongholds you would get a basic format for the mission at hand kind of like a clan made raid with possible arcanes/weapons to those that win and a system that made it fair and hard to exploit anyways the concept was that clan member would get to essentially work it like forge color the areas and enemies while building mods for the enemies. When I saw this I thought it could be fun to have a stronghold that players can upgrade then take on other strongholds in massive mixed archwing/warframe combat. Kinda like rocket slime in space with customizable holds and allies to aid your squad. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

okay well I joined this because I had originally thought of a concept for player made dungeons well I called them strongholds and in strongholds you would get a basic format for the mission at hand kind of like a clan made raid with possible arcanes/weapons to those that win and a system that made it fair and hard to exploit anyways the concept was that clan member would get to essentially work it like forge color the areas and enemies while building mods for the enemies. When I saw this I thought it could be fun to have a stronghold that players can upgrade then take on other strongholds in massive mixed archwing/warframe combat. Kinda like rocket slime in space with customizable holds and allies to aid your squad. 

It still is! Player Made Fomorians has not changed from its original promise: you can chose higher purposes like slaying Lotus or Hunhow, but the design and layout of the Drydocks as well as the Ships' interior and exterior appearance, is completely up to you! Players chose segments of varying size (meaning that you can build it brick by brick, or wall by wall) and align them in the best way they can think of. During space combat, the enemies must navigate through your ship, meaning that you can create an incredibly complex maze (but making it impossible is unwise as that means your team cannot repair it). From turrets to Landing Craft to ground based or flying Golems, you can construct an epic battle even as an individual, and a seething, tumultuous war as a clan.

On 4/15/2016 at 3:56 PM, BlackDiamondAce said:

The problem with oxium... It takes a while to farm, it took me a month to farm the oxium for the incubator upgrade and a few more things. It's a big thing a formorian, so it'd be a grind to get the supplies

As a clan it would be much easier, but this is why I added the dungeon-like drydocks, where individuals (EXTREMELY STRONG individuals) can attack a clan, and steal their Fomorians. Individuals and Clans can chose whether to make their Drydock public (attackable) or not, with a public drydock creating more ships faster and with less resources, while a private one can build only a single Fomorian at a time, but cannot be attacked. The part requiring the most Oxium (its core) does not even need to be built; it can be stolen from the Grineer with a Hijack mission, giving these mission types more value.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Harbinger1997 said:

As a clan it would be much easier, but this is why I added the dungeon-like drydocks, where individuals (EXTREMELY STRONG individuals) can attack a clan, and steal their Fomorians. Individuals and Clans can chose whether to make their Drydock public (attackable) or not, with a public drydock creating more ships faster and with less resources, while a private one can build only a single Fomorian at a time, but cannot be attacked. The part requiring the most Oxium (its core) does not even need to be built; it can be stolen from the Grineer with a Hijack mission, giving these mission types more value.

fine, I see that.  but no one will want a public drydock fear some OP squad comes in and steals everything.

8 hours ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

fine, I see that.  but no one will want a public drydock fear some OP squad comes in and steals everything.

That squad would have to be MASSIVELY overpowered: not only can you personally defend the Dock, but your defenses might even give Trials a run for their money. Not to mention that the constructing Fomorians occasionally fire their cannons, and spew forth Specters whose level is determined by the number of Fomorians being constructed. Sure, its possible that one squad could perform a raid, but only if you were building less than three Fomorians, at which point making the Dock public is almost needless.

Just now, (PS4)Harbinger1997 said:

That squad would have to be MASSIVELY overpowered: not only can you personally defend the Dock, but your defenses might even give Trials a run for their money. Not to mention that the constructing Fomorians occasionally fire their cannons, and spew forth Specters whose level is determined by the number of Fomorians being constructed. Sure, its possible that one squad could perform a raid, but only if you were building less than three Fomorians, at which point making the Dock public is almost needless.

just saying mr 20 guys with several years under their belt and a big rearend