Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming For Atlas...

Taipion

First of all, it is kinda sad that you can not post your opinion here if it does not conform to what DE wants,

therefore I am absolutely unable to express my thoughts and feelings, but I assume they are easy to guess.

The farming for the Atlas frame, requires to kill a boss that is about the most spongy thing I have seen in any computer game lately, even with decent equip.

On top of that, I heard it takes like ~50 runs on average to get a full set of three parts, as, you guessed it, you don't even always get one.

Furthermore it is nigh impossible to even get a group up for that.
My friends don't want to to that mission anymore, and in the recruitment channel, of those few that might join you, most are ...not a help at all. Because it seems like no sane person does that mission.

In that case, why, DE, have it ..."drop" in a mission, instead of just making it buy for real money only?

There are some exaggerations in this post. Average is not 50 runs, that's just those who are unlucky. I got all parts in four runs. Also if you are referring to the golem itself as spongey, he is yes, but he ironically is much much easier solo than in a group. As for the parts themselves, they conform to the regular basis of frames, either part of a quest or dropped from a boss/special enemy, not much to argue there.

There are some exaggerations in this post. Average is not 50 runs, that's just those who are unlucky. I got all parts in four runs. Also if you are referring to the golem itself as spongey, he is yes, but he ironically is much much easier solo than in a group. As for the parts themselves, they conform to the regular basis of frames, either part of a quest or dropped from a boss/special enemy, not much to argue there.

Could be be cause in the last "group" i was like the only one shooting, but there was pretty much no difference between solo and group, what exactly do you mean?

Could be be cause in the last "group" i was like the only one shooting, but there was pretty much no difference between solo and group, what exactly do you mean?

Well the only one shooting is the main issue, as he scales with people in mission his health goes up accordingly. less people means less overall health. I personally take him out darn easily using a crit based imperator vandal (normal variant works well too) and odonata first ability to drain his health pretty quickly.

Well the only one shooting is the main issue, as he scales with people in mission his health goes up accordingly. less people means less overall health. I personally take him out darn easily using a crit based imperator vandal (normal variant works well too) and odonata first ability to drain his health pretty quickly.

Don't even get me started on that imperator vandal, all my friends arer super pissed because of that, starting an event thursday night and end it friday noon, wtf....

Don't even get me started on that imperator vandal, all my friends arer super pissed because of that, starting an event thursday night and end it friday noon, wtf....

Devs didn't end it early, the farmers for the part obliterated the fomorian's health. It wasn't fair to those grineer really. Mine was an original vandal though from fighting 15 different fomorians.

The normal Imperator will do too. If you go alone and have decent equipment then it should be as easy as a walk in the park. Also the 50 runs sounds more like an angry joke. I got the parts for me and some friends and never required more than 5-6 runs.

first run only 1 guy had cp and it took a loooong while to end the archwing mission

second run i also used cp aura and boy!! it went faster in the archwing killing section

third run everyone had cp and it was a joke! a JOKE!!! brpppp, brrrppp, brrrrrp,,,,,,done!!!!

lolster it was dead!! real fast!! like killing something on mercury with modded weapons.

three runs

everyone had cp auras makeing it super easy

Devs didn't end it early, the farmers for the part obliterated the fomorian's health. It wasn't fair to those grineer really. Mine was an original vandal though from fighting 15 different fomorians.

So you either say the devs had no idea how fast that would be gone, or they intended the extreme grind required to get one in relation with the "HP" of the event to end it when it did.

Chose one.

Dying in

of sustained fire isn't exactly what I'd call spongey.

Was before they buffed it, right?

Also, not the average player, huh?

So you either say the devs had no idea how fast that would be gone, or they intended the extreme grind required to get one in relation with the "HP" of the event to end it when it did.

Chose one.

Was before they buffed it, right?

Also, not the average player, huh?

They only buffed the raid version, because I was doing that to the raid version as well.  As I type im currently killing jordas for the 240th time for a group.  Would you like a hand?

I'm merely a player who has archwing gear leveled to the content I'm trying to do.  It's like going to Hyena Pack or Corrupted Vor, are you going to bring a non leveled non multiforma'ed weapon and frame and expect an easy time?

Edited by Gelkor

There shouldn't be an unlucky group like this. There must be a maximum for such madness. Don't you agree?

So far of all the runs I've done, these are the drop percentages I'm seeing.  50 runs to get all three parts would be... Highly unlikely.  Usually 10 runs is the max I've ever had to take a group to get everything.  Systems, unfortunately, does appear to be a sightly lower percentage.

Helmet 35%

Systems 29%

Chassis 36%

Edited by Gelkor

They only buffed the raid version, because I was doing that to the raid version as well.  As I type im currently killing jordas for the 240th time for a group.  Would you like a hand?

I'm merely a player who has archwing gear leveled to the content I'm trying to do.  It's like going to Hyena Pack or Corrupted Vor, are you going to bring a non leveled non multiforma'ed weapon and frame and expect an easy time?

But you do realize that archwing is kinda ...pointless, grindy to level, and yet, even with a good, multiformered weapon.... whatever...

There shouldn't be an unlucky group like this. There must be a maximum for such madness. Don't you agree?

I remember running over 100 times for regular rhino, some ppl claim they ran dozens of times for frost. 

Some ppl will be heavily unlucky but average will be at drop chances.

Edited by Davoodoo

Chose one.

Devs probably had no idea it would die that fast, plus they mentioned it was the first of a concept of random special encounters not a set event. sort of like alerts but bigger and better.

So far of all the runs I've done, these are the drop percentages I'm seeing.  50 runs to get all three parts would be... Highly unlikely.  Usually 10 runs is the max I've ever had to take a group to get everything.

Helmet 35%

Systems 29%

Chassis 36%

Then how did i get no part at all? that is 100% you noticed?

But you do realize that archwing is kinda ...pointless, grindy to level, and yet, even with a good, multiformered weapon.... whatever...

Just like ya know, When Warframe was just starting out. Archwing is like old Warframe when it started. Give it time o3o

Everything is pointless to level if you don't enjoy playing it.  Like pistols. I don't really ever use them, ever.  *shrug*