Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Voice-Over Options (For Those Who Tire Of Lotus)

Kratos

You know, I've been here for nearly two years, and It's been one hell of a ride. But Honestly, hearing the same lines all the time does tend to get repetitive, and boring.

I, suggest an alternative.

Plat-Purchaseable Voice-Over Packs!

(Yes, Baro can have one too.)

Some Voice-overs I figured would be interesting would be the following:

Vay Hek

Tyl Regor

Alad V

Darvo

Teshin

Vor

Nef Anyo (And his nonchalant ramblings about the void)

Perhaps the same thing can apply to Ordis too, But the main thing to remember here is:

ALL SOUNDS ARE COSMETIC ONLY AND DO NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY MECHANICS OR QUESTS IN ANY WAY.

Good idea? Bad idea? Post your feedback below!

Edited by _Pepsiman

Darvo yes, Teshin yea!! Everything else doesn't make sense. Or a choosing of the syndicate that we follow.

As I've stated, it's Cosmetic Only. It doesn't have to make sense, as it doesn't affect gameplay any way, any how.

Prime Example would be Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

You got to select any Character's Voice, and have that as who the voiceovers are played by, rather than one specific character all the time.

Some Voice-overs I figured would be interesting would be the following:

Vay Hek

Tyl Regor

Alad V

Vor

Nef Anyo (And his nonchalant ramblings about the void)

May I advise that you look up the concept of "friend" and "enemy"?

All of these (well, except Alad who might be reformed after we helped cure him, but I don't think that's really going to happen) are enemies. They might suspend their hostility sometimes when they convince us to work for them against someone else, but why would you want to ruin their characters by making them permanent collaborators?

As I've stated, it's Cosmetic Only. It doesn't have to make sense, as it doesn't affect gameplay any way, any how.

I can't agree.

Characters in the Warframe universe are defined by the blurbs they speak. They are brought to life by them talking to us and explaining what they want.

Getting an enemy to talk to you as if he was a friend is a horrendous breaking of character-building and immersion.

Prime Example would be Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

You got to select any Character's Voice, and have that as who the voiceovers are played by, rather than one specific character all the time.

Name one cosmetic that doesn't make any sense excluding event cosmetics. Vay hek voiceover while fighting grineer, uh? I'm okay with what I've stated before but, it would just be weird having enemy voice overs.

Name one cosmetic that doesn't make any sense excluding event cosmetics. Vay hek voiceover while fighting grineer, uh? I'm okay with what I've stated before but, it would just be weird having enemy voice overs.

Plus, the lotus isn't just there for giggles. She leads the tenno. It's kinda why she directs us in missions.

Why would a sworn enemy of the tenno be doing that? It's not just silly, it's lore-breaking.

If you're fighting against the faction the person giving voiceover is from, they could give you sarcasting quips. Like if the doors lock down, Vay Hek will taunt at you to try and use the door. Or if you are in the void, Nef Anyo will actively throw out random trivia about the rooms you are in or the enemies you're fighting. Maybe he'd beg you to bring him back a souvenir or something. Clem could say "clem" and "grakata" in many variations, perhaps gladly when you kill massive amounts of grineer.

I dunno, just ideas. Lotus gets a bit redundant after a while, regardless of how good the voice acting is. Especially with how often you grind the same missions in this game.

If you're fighting against the faction the person giving voiceover is from, they could give you sarcasting quips. Like if the doors lock down, Vay Hek will taunt at you to try and use the door. Or if you are in the void, Nef Anyo will actively throw out random trivia about the rooms you are in or the enemies you're fighting. Maybe he'd beg you to bring him back a souvenir or something. Clem could say "clem" and "grakata" in many variations, perhaps gladly when you kill massive amounts of grineer.

I dunno, just ideas. Lotus gets a bit redundant after a while, regardless of how good the voice acting is. Especially with how often you grind the same missions in this game.

That's an awesome idea. Perhaps make it even Planet specific. Vor on Mercury, Alad on Jupiter, etc etc.

Edited by _Pepsiman

• 2 weeks later...