Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Fallout 4 Dissapointing?

Goosmo

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4

It seems that falllout 4 reviews took a unexpected turn. People also say that the reason reviews like gamespot gives it a 9/10 and doesn't mention the flaws, is to avoid the sh*tstorm they will get from the fanboys, if it's too low. Fallout 4 also seems to have a 10% lower score on reviews on steam. I haven't played the game myself, and i hope that these facts are wrong, as i had a lot of faith in bethesda. 

Update: You really can't trust the user reviews on that website. I checked through around 30+ user accounts that had given fallout 4 a bad rating. And it seems that almost all of them are trolls, since 80%+ of those accounts have only given fallout 4 a review and no other games. There was even an account called "falloutsux".

Edited by ArchTenno

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4

It seems that falllout 4 reviews took a unexpected turn. People also say that the reason reviews like gamespot gives it a 9/10 and doesn't mention the flaws, is to avoid the sh*tstorm they will get from the fanboys, if it's too low. Fallout 4 also seems to have a 10% lower score on reviews on steam. I haven't played the game myself, and i hope that these facts are wrong, as i had a lot of faith in bethesda. 

I don't trust reviewers, and you shouldn't either, most of it is biased information anyway. It's only been a day, wait for time to pass.

I have it, it's really solid. I honestly don't know what those user reviews are talking about >.>. Take it from me, wait, try it if you can, other than that. Never trust someone else to tell you whats what unless they have solid proof.

Edited by KJRenz

Well, I've never been one to trust metacritic, and that goes for user reviews and critics alike.  I'd tell you myself, but I won't be able to get my hands on the game until Thursday.  It might just be that they need to add more things or put out a patch.  If it's the number you're looking at, FO4 has a higher score than FO:NV (84), and a lower one than FO3 (91).

Edited by oldversions

Haven't touched the stuff yet myself,

Close friend of mine however did, his first complaint was optimization, there are couple of places where fps goes up and down,

he didn't spoiled the story but he said it was non-nonsensical and absurd at best. 

He mentioned that the world was bland, something about non learning from fallout 3's green/grey mass.

Settlement management is a chore.

A.I behaving oddly, sometimes standing still while firing maybe one round, other times running to nowhere only to return.

NPCs somehow teleporting on top of roofs that have no stairs forcing you to use console commands to reach them.

Perception/Agility have swapped perks.

hearing 20 minute rant was fun.

Edited by Morgax

What I've heard about the game is that it's badly optimized, that the animations are terrible (and if the few ones I've seen are anything to go by, they definitely are terrible), that the ending is lackluster (haven't heard specifics, though specifics have been given out there on the net), that the world is too small and empty, and that the graphics look awful.

As I am only around an hour into the game, I am already loving the way it feels and looks and very much lived up to its hype. For people comparing the graphics to other games, don't really pay attention to them because Bethesda had to dum them down of course due to the massive size of the game, but the gunplay is so much better than NV and 3. The Advanced Creation Kit used for this definitely helped the game get the push into Next Gen.

1: The game had way too much hype, so it ended crushing itself

2. It's a Bethesda game, so expect a bad launch, old engine, not great visuals / animations and mediocre story with a good world around it

3. Valve's reason not releasing HL3 is pretty much this: It will not meet expectations of people and they will end up disappointed and causing S#&$storm over internet because of one videogame. 

Watched some of it on stream, it seems fairly fun, and the weapon crafting is cool.

But still far from the GOTY material everyone expected it to be because it's fallout.

It's down to Witcher 3 to win it honestly. (GTA could be a contender, but face it, it's a 2 years old game in all fairness.)

And no, MGSV is not even an option.

For people comparing the graphics to other games, don't really pay attention to them because Bethesda had to dum them down of course due to the massive size of the game.

True, but the end result are horrible textures that make the game look incredibly outdated. I'm not the kinda guy who cares much about graphics, but this one really irritates me. 

For people comparing the graphics to other games, don't really pay attention to them because Bethesda had to dum them down of course due to the massive size of the game

Meanwhile Witcher 3.

Im not the one to rate a game based on graphics but F4 does look pretty terrible for todays game.

Perhaps the modders will help to improve it, graphic-wise. I think that it's rather neat that this sort of thing will soon be a valid option.

Graphics quality in itself is of near to no importance to me. Telltale games aren't great in that department either, but I enjoy them.

Sure, a good engine fleshes your game world, but it isn't the end all be all that so many seem to make it out to be.

Perhaps the modders will help to improve it, graphic-wise. I think that it's rather neat that this sort of thing will soon be a valid option.

Graphics quality in itself is of near to no importance to me. Telltale games aren't great in that department either, but I enjoy them.

Sure, a good engine fleshes your game world, but it isn't the end all be all that so many seem to make it out to be.

Thing is, we shouldn't rely on modders to fix issues with games. I understand not really caring for the graphics, but if a current gen game releases and it doesn't look any better than the last gen game of the same series released 5 - 7 years ago, that's pretty meh. I've heard the gun play is way better than FO3 and NV though, which is a big plus.

Also take anything I say here with a grain of salt because I don't actually have FO4, I'm just going off of what I've heard.

Edited by NyxCrab

Thing is, we shouldn't rely on modders to fix issues with games. I understand not really caring for the graphics, but if a current gen game releases and it doesn't look any better than the last gen game of the same series released 5 - 7 years ago, that's pretty meh. I've heard the gun play is way better than FO3 and NV though, which is a big plus.

Never said to rely on them, at least not the development studio, but if you want to push more from the factory version, you have that option.

The game does look better than FO3 or NV, and I consider any improvement in that direction to be reasonable.

Never said to rely on them, at least not the development studio, but if you want to push more from the factory version, you have that option.

The game does look better than FO3 or NV, and I consider any improvement in that direction to be reasonable.

As far as modding support, yeah I much prefer games with a huge mod support than ones with little to none. But relying on mods to fix issues isn't that good. And how much better does it look compared to FO3 and NV? I'm not expecting Phantom Pain quality graphics, but is at least similar to other current gem games?

As far as modding support, yeah I much prefer games with a huge mod support than ones with little to none. But relying on mods to fix issues isn't that good. And how much better does it look compared to FO3 and NV? I'm not expecting Phantom Pain quality graphics, but is at least similar to other current gem games?

The game compares to its older titles, except it has some more polygons, nicer textures, and honestly, way better sound fx.

The engine itself doesn't seem to be any much greater in the graphics department, but they've refined that to a great deal.

I would probably compare the graphical fidelity to some of Naughty Dog's 1-2 year old titles with worse lighting.

Comparatively to FO3, it's leagues nices, in my opinion.

In general Bethesda only does big living sandboxes well. The games all have a lot of bugs and flaws on release, quite questionable weapon, enemy and item balance and are far to easy/leave no real room for building your character(it will be master at all before you know it in all her games).

However all this issues can be fixed with mods, I used over 30 in F3 and did do halve a dozen myself till I was happy with it.