Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Your Impression On Fo4?

izzatuw

After finally playing the game for half the day I really like it.

Visually it's not nearly as graphically as great as games like Witcher or MGS but the lighting is really nice.

Gunplay has been improved a lot in my few hours of experience and each gun feels like it has a kick to it which was missing in FO3 and Vegas.

Companions actually feel like people you want to be with, note I've only used Piper as a companion for the majority of my time and she's pretty fun to have. She can and will get into certain dialogues that don't necessarily need her. I have noticed that she was actually capable of starting a special conversation between a normal NPC.

Ghouls are deadlier. I personally felt ghouls were a lot more dangerous this time around as shooting there hands off doesn't mean they'll stop chasing you. You can shoot off their limbs and depending on the part they can stop on the spot if you shoot or leg or will no longer reliably melee you if you disarm both arms.

I suggest shooting there legs off if there's a large group because trying to kill 5-8 of these fast ghoul things might lead to your death and it doesn't help that normal ghouls inflict radiation.

Exploration is definitely something note worthy, thanks to the crafting system you just want to explore every single part and collect every single item and you can hardly go 5 minutes in real time without finding a new location opening you up to new quest.

Power armor feels much more enjoyable now as you're a really tall literal term of a walking tank, normal bullets will hardly be capable of hurting you and you're capable of face tanking most things. That is to say it does have its downsides, you feel significantly slower when using it, each part can and will fall off if you take too much damage and it is currently powered on fusion cores which is a pretty uncommon resource. Fist weapons seem to be inaccessible when using it though.

I haven't gotten too far into the story to give it an impression.

If you liked FO3 and/or New Vegas you would definitely like FO4.

After finally playing the game for half the day I really like it.

Visually it's not nearly as graphically as great as games like Witcher or MGS but the lighting is really nice.

Gunplay has been improved a lot in my few hours of experience and each gun feels like it has a kick to it which was missing in FO3 and Vegas.

Companions actually feel like people you want to be with, note I've only used Piper as a companion for the majority of my time and she's pretty fun to have. She can and will get into certain dialogues that don't necessarily need her. I have noticed that she was actually capable of starting a special conversation between a normal NPC.

Ghouls are deadlier. I personally felt ghouls were a lot more dangerous this time around as shooting there hands off doesn't mean they'll stop chasing you. You can shoot off their limbs and depending on the part they can stop on the spot if you shoot or leg or will no longer reliably melee you if you disarm both arms.

I suggest shooting there legs off if there's a large group because trying to kill 5-8 of these fast ghoul things might lead to your death and it doesn't help that normal ghouls inflict radiation.

Exploration is definitely something note worthy, thanks to the crafting system you just want to explore every single part and collect every single item and you can hardly go 5 minutes in real time without finding a new location opening you up to new quest.

Power armor feels much more enjoyable now as you're a really tall literal term of a walking tank, normal bullets will hardly be capable of hurting you and you're capable of face tanking most things. That is to say it does have its downsides, you feel significantly slower when using it, each part can and will fall off if you take too much damage and it is currently powered on fusion cores which is a pretty uncommon resource. Fist weapons seem to be inaccessible when using it though.

I haven't gotten too far into the story to give it an impression.

If you liked FO3 and/or New Vegas you would definitely like FO4.

That sounds enticing. Then again, I am always a sucker for games that allow for collecting as much varied loot as possible, as well as a bit of large exploration and whatnot. That might explain why I enjoy Runescape: Collect all the valuable things!

That sounds enticing. Then again, I am always a sucker for games that allow for collecting as much varied loot as possible, as well as a bit of large exploration and whatnot. That might explain why I enjoy Runescape: Collect all the valuable things!

Even a pack of cigars has a purpose in the crafting system. EVERYTHING HAS A USE IN THE CRAFTING SYSTEM!!!

I'm enjoying it so far.

I keep scavenging around and building up my settlements, though for some reason the drive-in theater place never gains any settlers. There's always only one woman there despite me having a wall around the whole settlement, 7 turrets set up, and enough food and water to not worry. Seriously. 

Also, I've ran into 3 deathclaws so far. Dear god... One in the giant sinkhole, where it was waiting in ambush in the broken down building. Jesus, I gunned it out of there and jump on top of a roof. A legendary one in a park that was in a broken cottage. Luckily,  I activated these 4 protectron bots and they absolutely rekt it. Only one protectron took major damage, but they all survived. I lol'd.

Edited by Nebam

I need to just give up and allow myself to spend/invest/waste money on a PC with some capability of running modern games.

Fallout 4 is probably going to be my tipping point to go ahead and make it happen.

Ah well, I'm running on a 7750 1GB, 3.0 Ghz and 8GB ram. It runs pretty well on medium. My friend's using a 660 TI and is running it well on high. Although my "well" is considered 40-50FPS with a few frame rate drops here and there.

-SNIP-

I agree with pretty much everything here. The only downside of the game for me is that they are using a voiced protagonist and forcing a wife and child upon my character. Its annoying because it feels like the game has already established me as someone else rather than letting me decide who my character is. Sure i can decide my characters name, looks and how he acts in the world around me but that family of his still gives him a identity that i did not make.

Ah well, I'm running on a 7750 1GB, 3.0 Ghz and 8GB ram. It runs pretty well on medium. My friend's using a 660 TI and is running it well on high. Although my "well" is considered 40-50FPS with a few frame rate drops here and there.

My previous machine died and I am currently borrowing a laptop that was going unused.

Display adapter type Intel® HD Graphics Family   Total available graphics memory 1696 MB         Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB         Dedicated system memory 0 MB         Shared system memory 1632 MB

I agree with pretty much everything here. The only downside of the game for me is that they are using a voiced protagonist and forcing a wife and child upon my character. Its annoying because it feels like the game has already established me as someone else rather than letting me decide who my character is. Sure i can decide my characters name, looks and how he acts in the world around me but that family of his still gives him a identity that i did not make.

Imo, I get what you're saying but I hardly found that to do with anything aside from the main quest, you could very much feel like your own man with the side quests. Similar to FO3 where you kept searching for your lost dad but there was really no particular reason to bring it up to side characters.

My previous machine died and I am currently borrowing a laptop that was going unused.

Display adapter type Intel® HD Graphics Family Total available graphics memory 1696 MB Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1632 MB

That is old, heh. Well christmas is coming up.

What.

Anyways, I probably would just set graphics to "low".

Well when Bethesda said everything had a purpose they weren't bluffing. Everything that you collect will have a purpose in the crafting system one way or another, even a single pencil.

Indeed. I should probably just try my hand at building a desktop after soliciting advice from reddit and ordering parts online.

That, however, is scary.

It's best to research about the parts online but I personally don't have any experience ordering anything online

But what use would a burned fashion magazine have?

Tbh I haven't seen a burned fashion magazine.