Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Lock This Thread Now, People Aren't Even Reading It

(PSN)gino1313

Just some thread, specifically this one: Aksomati, Holy....

I guess I really just misinterpreted, the gun just has way less damage than secondaries because of their multishot and crit stats.

Can't really use this thread as a example of the Bolter being terrible. Aksomati has 3 prime mods on it. If you take that into account plus the high crit dmg output of course aksomati will do more dmg than most primary weapons.

I think what he may be reffering to is that it seems to have more of a spread than it ever did and I've been using it since it came out and I don't remember it having the spread it does now.

burst usually helps with that. I was a long time grakata user before I got the boltor, so it was a pretty easy transition. 

Can't really use this thread as a example of the Bolter being terrible. Aksomati has 3 prime mods on it. If you take that into account plus the high crit dmg output of course aksomati will do more dmg than most primary weapons.

Which is why I said misinterpreted. But that is a problem, that secondaries have 3 prime mods that make crit secondaries the only option for high damage in this game.

Edited by (PS4)gino1313

burst usually helps with that. I was a long time grakata user before I got the boltor, so it was a pretty easy transition. 

Which is why I said misinterpreted. But that is a problem, that secondaries have 3 prime mods that make crit secondaries the only option for high damage in this game.

That's only if you need the high dmg output. If your not going high in a def or a surv. There's really no need to have top dmg just to kill lvl 20s to 40s. Bolter p still kicks &#!.

That's only if you need the high dmg output. If your not going high in a def or a surv. There's really no need to have top dmg just to kill lvl 20s to 40s. Bolter p still kicks !.

I'm not debating its great, its easily top 5 primaries with soma p. But it's raw DPS doesn't scale well vs. the secondaries

Boltor Prime is just an automatic weapon with an above average damage per shot.

Making a weapon so practical it actually is powerful to low level players is what makes the Boltor Prime stand out. Since you don't need to headshot anyone when you can fill your enemies with darts in seconds. (Dealing 1k+ per bolt of 10 * 1.9 bolts per second.)

Nothing happened to boltor prime, the person who made the aksomati post is simply theorycrafting very poorly, comparing two builds with no relation to each other on a theorycraft website.

Its sadly still one of the better weapons in game, available to players very early on.

Fortunately players now have additional options for Powerful and fun weapons (shotguns, launchers, bows, Syndicate weapons)

It's so bad I really never got to use my 5 forma Boltor p. Soooo many other strong weapons: Kohm (top), Sancti Tigris, Amprex, Soma, the Heks, Boar P and not to mention the crit secondaries. There is no place for an overrated primary with an average DPS and a terrible projectile travel time. At least with Soma you can hit headshots easily and do 4x damage for each one....

It's the same as it's always been.

The new primed mods are making me a bit nervous as well. I'm hoping the incoming gun changes aren't going to be overly simplistic, but...well, nervous.

Also, it conjures the specter of have and have-nots on ammo mutations if weapon sustainability seriously changes. That won't cause any controversy...nope, not a bit.

Bad? News to me. Does this damage look bad to you:

http://goo.gl/JdyJSr

Its good, its always been good, what really "happened" to it is power creep. At one point i used to hail the Soma Prime as the best weapon in game but those days are gone. I can't say I like where these primed mods are going to be honest.

With +90% fire rate on, sure. Let me just put 200% fire rate on any other weapon as well....

With +90% fire rate on, sure. Let me just put 200% fire rate on any other weapon as well....

If I really wanted bigger numbers I would have put more fire rate mods on that. You make it sound like that build is completely not usable. That's not the same as someone that adds fire rate mods to shotguns just for the numbers. I use Vile Acceleration on several automatic rifles, they handle fine.

Edited by S0V3REiGN