Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Ult Is Too Much

SnowzSan

I just want to clarify by saying that my main complaint with Ember isn't the damage, but the FX of  her ult.

IT'S BLINDING!! Dial it back, seriously. Every match with an Ember is just terrible and the asshats always choose the most obnoxious, bright colours because they know it's annoying and makes aiming and general gameplay impossible for anyone else in the match with them.

But to talk about damage... I just finished a round with two embers. Both leading in kills, neither ever firing a shot. I'd love to say I got a whole bunch, but unfortunately I was unable to see due to the blinding effects of their ults CONSTANTLY going off.

Makes someone want to start network manipulation in order to drop these players, seriously.

Well the FX of WoF could use some turning down. If you actually play Ember it is even worse, since not only WoF but also accelerant more or less blinds you for a few seconds if you don't move away from the cast spot and dark energy colors(while the perfect choice on Frost and many other frames) actually don't work out so well on a fully weapon damage focused frame like Ember, since accelerant with a dark color fails to highlight targets and give you visual feedback if they are affected by it or not.

Then again this should be little to no issue for people just playing the frame for WoF.

Edited by Djego27

Yeah, warframe and visuals are always wonky. Anyone remember pure white, max bloom prisma excaibur? You couldn't even see the warframe under all that blinding light...

And speaking of power of wof. It scales horribly for anything past T2 void missions. Even at 200% power it takes her a while to kill ancients, heavy gunners and bombards unless she uses accelerant. And her wof can only target 1-2 targets at a time. It's a bit slow at killing a large populated room ironicly, faster with only a few enemies around.

Edited by kitsu

I just want to clarify by saying that my main complaint with Ember isn't the damage, but the FX of  her ult.

IT'S BLINDING!! Dial it back, seriously. Every match with an Ember is just terrible and the asshats always choose the most obnoxious, bright colours because they know it's annoying and makes aiming and general gameplay impossible for anyone else in the match with them.

But to talk about damage... I just finished a round with two embers. Both leading in kills, neither ever firing a shot. I'd love to say I got a whole bunch, but unfortunately I was unable to see due to the blinding effects of their ults CONSTANTLY going off.

Makes someone want to start network manipulation in order to drop these players, seriously.

a) You can set the visuals to any preference you like ( "Settings > Visuals")

b) Just because you are an questionable player doesn't mean the entire game has to be adapted to your special needs. Not everyone is built equal. Not every warframe is equal.

DID SOMEONE SAY BLINDING!!!!!!!?????!!?!!?

ACTIVATES  MY  YELLOW  COLOURED  VORTEX

a) You can set the visuals to any preference you like ( "Settings > Visuals")

That's not entirely true. As others have stated, you only have the choice between ALL THE BLOOM and no bloom at all. Maybe I'd be fine with a bit of bloom, but that's no option ... Same with a few other settings, where a graded selection would make perfectly sense, but DE went for the "all or nothing" route instead.

Embers ultimate is the only thing that keeps her in my Liset. 

I hate squishies in this game because they are always being killed off in like 2 hits....ballistas, shotguns, laser rifles, snipers, cannons, ramparts....its like you cant even move with a squishy without being killed in 2 shots....jumping around, avoiding, none of it matters.

Just run ember through Ludi on Ceres, I made the fking mistake of casting my #4, I was dead before the animation finished, some stupid &#! bullS#&$ ballista sniped down in 2 shots, just as I jumped away, pow, dead...

Happened again later in that mission, I come around a corner, pow, I jump and try to evade, pow, dead.....

This game and its random, bullS#&$ One hit kill mobs and mechanics need to go the hell away....

I dont dare take out anyone besides Rhino and Oberon because anyone weaker gets smacked before there is even a chance to move.

Took Vauban into Vedic, he died 4x before the mission ended...Couldnt keep him alive at all..everything was 2 shotting him.

Trinity, she sometimes survives better, but even then, make the mistake of walking around the corner into a Rampart, your dead before you can turn around....

Even Rhino and Oberon get 3-4 shot sometimes...

I play both Ember and Nova with venom green energy. I'd usually say I do that because it looks cool, but now I'd say that I use that color to annoy you. Yes you, you who are reading this. I will find you, and I will be in every team you play with and I will stick to you and always use my super bright and flashy powers just for you. Because I want to annoy you.

Edited by KaeseSchnitte

The issue here isn't just with ember. I bought the flaming wing addon for my frames, but in dark areas the wings became blindingly bright to the point where I could no longer look at my warframe. I constantly had to avert my eyes. Every single energy effect in the game becomes blindly bright in dark levels.

I ended up going through my graphical settings and turning off bloom or something to avoid damaging my eyes.

I agree this needs to be toned down.  Doing ODS or ODD between her WoF particle effects and the infested exploding all over the place I can barely see what's going on half the time.  I've also tried changing her colors to darker shades but those particles still get in the way like NKDG was saying.