Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Radial Javelin

Fate0

Have an idea about this, it doesn't cause knock down or pin enemies to the wall unless they are killed. Either change this or the augment to allow the javelins that pierced the enemies to explode after x seconds if they are still alive. I find no reason to use this most of the time, it doesn't kill enemies most of the time, sometimes completely misses even if they are in my sight (bug perhaps?) and they are still standing and able to damage me. 

I like both those ideas. The damage buff from the augment isn't significant enough to warrant a mod slot with the way radial javelin currently works and performs. Either change radial javelin to cause a aoe explosion when he drives the ethereal skana in ground that causes a wave like ember's fire blast (it is an energy blade) , and enemies take more damage from other his other abilities or melee attacks for x amount of seconds. Or defensively allow the javelins to cause knockdown and up the number from 12 javelins.

Edited by Fate0

Have an idea about this, it doesn't cause knock down or pin enemies to the wall unless they are killed. Either change this or the augment to allow the javelins that pierced the enemies to explode after x seconds if they are still alive. I find no reason to use this most of the time, it doesn't kill enemies most of the time, sometimes completely misses even if they are in my sight (bug perhaps?) and they are still standing and able to damage me. 

Or they could make his powers work together better if they made blinded enemies (from his radial blind ofc) take more damage from his javelins.

Both of these ideas sound great, and would make RJ a lot more useful.

RJ is an interesting ability, actually. It is an absurdly strong skill, if you build Excal exclusively for using RJ. What can RJ Excal do in, say, Draco is pretty much unreacheable by likes of Saryn, Mesa or Ember.

On the other hand, when you do not build the frame around RJ, and try to either focus on EBlade or to use a more balanced approach, the skill becomes nearly worthless. The only effective use RJ will have this way is crowd clear against <15lvl enemies, mostly at Excavations.

The augment isn't helping either, as it supposed to give Excal some synergy between using RJ and going into melee. The problem is, not only the bonus itself is very unlikely to make up for wasting a mod slot - if you're planning to efectively melee stuff, you are much better with using melee-focused build, instead of RJ focused, effectively making the skill itself just a pricy short duration CC with a weak melee buff.

I'd rather wish to see RJ replaced with some defensive ability, maybe smth like blades flying around you protecting you from enemy fire. EB + RB make RJ totally useless.

This ability is pointless now.

RJ is one of the strongest aoe skills in game, with a massive 58m range!

its also considered Impact/Slash/Puncture so it can be buffed by augments, EG 12000 radiation aoe at 58m possible, with oberons radiation buff.

Its also capable of hitting weak-spots on Banshee, sonar, but with less reliable results that the 6 flat buff frames using augments

Currently its one of the best options for heavy AOE farming, such as draco, and can also casually clear 60 waves of t4 void defense.

Edited by Tatersail

RJ is one of the strongest aoe skills in game, with a massive 58m range!

its also considered Impact/Slash/Puncture so it can be buffed by augments, EG 12000 radiation aoe at 58m possible, with oberons radiation buff.

Currently its one of the best options for heavy AOE farming, such as draco, and can also casually clear 60 waves of t4 void defense.

Except that it's grossly out of place in excalibur's kit.

-It doesn't gain any boost with EB

-Doesn't gain damage from radial blind

-Isn't affected by combo counter

-Not affected by melee mods.

If you're building it as a farming tool, Exalted blad would still be superior as not only does it do more damage, but it will hit more enemies while still giving Excal more survivability.

Or they could make his powers work together better if they made blinded enemies (from his radial blind ofc) take more damage from his javelins.

Don't make it another saryn rework where you need 2 ability for it to be good.

Excal's good enough with his exalted blade and armor tank. Don't make it another caster frame that we don't need.

While I have my issues with RJ, I'm not so sure about replacing it with any kind of "defensive" ability. Excal right now is extremely strong in melee already. He can keep up with level 80+ enemies with relative ease. The only thing "defensive" ability could change is probably just pushing it a little further. Which isn't that practical anyway.

On the other hand, RJ as it is allows for a completely separate build. Which is very effective on top of it. It is kinda cheesy with all that "press 3 all day/all night", but it accomplishes a specific separate task and IS good at it.

And Excal already has a potent defensive skill anyway.

I'd rather wish to see RJ replaced with some defensive ability, maybe smth like blades flying around you protecting you from enemy fire. EB + RB make RJ totally useless.

This, especially since the Nezha frame has a Radial Javelin. With actual javelins.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nezha's spike ability shown on the dev stream is what radial jav should've been reworked to.

yep

but since Nezha is already coming with radjav 2.0, i think Excal's radjav should be a 'blade barrier' type of thing with spinning javelins pointing out from him that auto-parry inc melee and deal small DoT bleed dmg to any enemies they touch, maybe a flat 5/10/15/20/25% DR while its up as well {but not enhance-able thru mods} , lastly it should be a duration based ability and if used again while its still active the javelins would shoot outwards and ragdoll/impale any enemy hit for 1/2/3/4/5 secs, lastly the number of javelins would be 5/10/15/20/25 and this would be the max tgt cap that could be hit

if anyone has seen DMC3 or UMVC3 and are familiar with Dante's brother Vergil and his summoned swords technique they'll know what im talking about

and voila, Radial Javelin would once again go back to actually being radial javelins that radiate outwards from excal instead of just appearing randomly from out of nowhere =P, just give the javelins some base punchthrough like 4-6m so that they could punchthrough thinner terrain objects but not huge walls

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I love Excalibur - By far my favorite frame, and I have had him since his release (Prime). I also love the rework they did. Absolutely fantastic. I would have to agree however, that radial javelin could really use a change.

Agreed. I'm not even opposed to a slight range nerf to EB (20m effected by range mods). Then make RJ into a scalable defensive ability as I earlier posted.