Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thought On Making Volt's 4 More Unique

Morec0

I originally intended this to be a Concept update, and I'll probably still make it one after I've thought about it a little more, but for the time being:

Give Overload a “charge up” mechanic, similar to how Ballistic Battery works, based on your use of abilities/electricity damage dealt.  The damage will stay the same but the charge will become a percent multiplier that increases the damage and Stun Duration based on how much it was charged.

This mechanic could maybe even extend to ALL of his abilities – by casting an ability he charges up all the others and their effects become multiplied by the percentage as well.

All I care is : Does NT help make the charge time faster?

If yes, SUPER YES!

It's not a matter of TIME, it's a matter of ability use. Using Shock, Speed, and Electric Shield will provide him with a percentage to his Ultimate, allowing him to unleash a more powerful Overload when he's charged up from all of his other abilities.

Volt 4th..i would like it if he goes onto a Energy shape and gain extra speed armor and shocks nearby enemies

What you've described his basically his Speed w/ Augment.

It's not a matter of TIME, it's a matter of ability use. Using Shock, Speed, and Electric Shield will provide him with a percentage to his Ultimate, allowing him to unleash a more powerful Overload when he's charged up from all of his other abilities.

Maybe something a little more interactive could help instead of a straight damage buff hmm?

Like casting Overload while Speed is active will add more pulses

Overload touching an Electric shield will react to it akin to reacting to an electronic object etc :v 

Overload has always been frowned on as a one time nuke limited by the environment lights and electronics, I think making it Arc when hitting an Electric shield could yield intresting results!

Edited by YasaiTsume

Maybe something a little more interactive could help instead of a straight damage buff hmm?

Like casting Overload while Speed is active will add more pulses

Overload touching an Electric shield will react to it akin to reacting to an electronic object etc :v 

Overload has always been frowned on as a one time nuke limited by the environment lights and electronics, I think making it Arc when hitting an Electric shield could yield intresting results!

Well the interactive thing, to me, comes with the charging mechanic - use your other abilities, gain the power, unleash it.

How are you thinking of costing the ability? It could be done as a 50 energy up front and 50 on release, or some mix, or it could be done as a toggle.

In terms of costing, it might be best to go with something like Mirage's Prism cost, with a generous maximum duration.

Overload

Limited toggle; 25 activation, 3/second drain for 25 seconds

While Overload is active, Volt gains +10% power strength and +5% power range for each ability used.

On deactivation, all built up energy is released as an AOE energy pulse.

My thoughts for damage are to leave the AOE damage and mechanics roughly the same, but remove the animation lock from Volt during it. The final pulse would benefit from both the increased range and power strength, but would also receive an additional bonus of some sort, maybe additional ticks.

-edit- As an afterthought, what if Overload were to base its effect on energy drained, not on abilities used? This would make an for an interesting synergy with melee channeling, would make low efficiency builds a somewhat viable option, and would make fun things happen with regards to Quick Thinking and Leech Eximus in the area.

Edited by Kthal

Volt 4th..i would like it if he goes onto a Energy shape and gain extra speed armor and shocks nearby enemies

So you want his 4 to literally do what his speed does- give him a mobile electric shield, and also do what his speed augment does.... ok then. That doesn't sound OP or redundant at all.

Make the ability do something similar to what the name implies. Overload: All allies shields with in range of activation will have shield recharge increased dramatically. Also all weapons will be overloaded with electric energy causing bullets fired to deal electric status procs. Helps people survive and gives everybody on the team some cc via elec procs