Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Weapons

(PSN)iCuWIT4iiii

Prime is reserved for Tenno technology, so why not do Umbra weapons for the other factions???? Follow me, Umbra is a darker version of Warframe, well the other tech of the other factions is basically darker weapons of Tenno tech. Because there are some good Grineer, Infested and Corpus weapons, that tweaked a little would be awesome. Some just need an upgrade. Then since Prime is always a shiny gold finish, give all Umbra a shiny silver finish.

Some Examples:

Harpak Umbra

Kohm Umbra

Sobek Umbra

Gorgon Umbra

Hind Umbra

Karak Umbra

Vulkar Umbra

Tonkor Umbra

Diriga Umbra (Sentinel)

Torid Umbra

Flux Umbra

Supra Umbra

Opticor Umbra

Snipetron Umbra

Tetra Umbra

Helios Umbra (Sentinel)

Phage Umbra

Synapse Umbra

Dual Ichor Umbra

Mios Umbra

Djinn Umbra (Sentinel)

Like JSharpie said, we have Vandal, Dex, Mara, Prisma, Wraith, and syndicates like Vaykor and Sancti, prefixes for all sorts of weapons. So really it's not like we need Umbra versions of Cephelon, Corpus, Infested, or Grineer weapons because they have special versions already.

Given the very limited example...it would seem Umbra is a dark side of Tenno thing. I am not opposed to Umbra Karak or whatever it's just I don't see it as something we NEED when other factions have upgrades of base weapons already.

i'm still pretty sure that umbra warframes and weapons are going to be limited to tenno technology, perhaps they are from a different part of the void? the dark void? who knows...

i think it would make sense if only those who had prime gear could get umbra gear (probably a part of the void that dosen't accept anything that hasn't been primed yet)

That's the point....I know they make other versions of all weapons across the board. But Prime is supposed to be the light, and it sounds like Umbra is going to be the dark side of Tenno. So why not do dark weapons to go along with the dark frames.

Because it sound like from your original post you want DARK versions of weapons already made by the DARK factions like Grineer and Infested.

Again, I'm not personally opposed to Opticor Umbra. But it seems like the direction would be that we'd get a Attica Umbra or Tiberon Umbra not get a Dera Umbra or Machete Umbra.

I mean, DE can do whatever they want and everything is subject to change but it seems Umbra would only apply to Tenno tech as of now.

I don't think there is such a concept of "light" and "dark" in warframe. We will have to wait for the lore (or hints) behind the umbra stuff to draw any kind of conclusion. AFAIK, the lore behind the prime is that they are the original orokin made versions, and the normal are copies of it. Why would faction weapons have an umbra version? Did all the factions choose umbra weapons to copy and they agreed not to pick the same weapon as another faction?

I am only going off of terminology and back ground stories used by DE to describe Warframe and its origins. Just like they said Umbra would designate a darker version of a frame or a re-purposed version a frame referred to as an Umbra. So the same would apply to weapons that have been re-purposed for the darker side of Warframe, there by calling it an Umbra. Just like Vandal, Wraith, Dex, etc.